lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve seen same the advice, and if true, seems like a defective reset implementation in the device.
I've seen anecdotal evidence it makes a difference a few times only....at one time I had a unit that ended up being returned that I tried several resets in a row as suggested (by jdsmoothie on avsforum mostly) and it did nothing for me. Worth a shot, easier than a return process if it works! Why multiples make a difference is something I've wondered about but have no idea the whys/hows of that....

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
They say sometimes doing several resets in a row, like at least three, can have a positive effect.
Hi. I have made 4 resets in a row and still.....the SW is very low.....

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi. I have made 4 resets in a row and still.....the SW is very low.....

That's enough resets for sure. The thread is getting to long to trace back if you have tried the following:

1) Go to speaker menu, level and adjust SW1 to +10 and use the test tone to see if the sub now sounds louder.

2) If that doesn't work, use analog input (ext. DAC, CD player etc.), use stereo mode with the sub connected to sub1, and on the audio menu select stereo with sub on, and see what happens.

Just trying to see such changes can make a difference and narrow down the issue, not to fix the issue as such at the moment.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
Good advise above. was going to say play something even a movie to see what the info display tells you. then go into the settings even the 2ch playback to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
That's enough resets for sure. The thread is getting to long to trace back if you have tried the following:

1) Go to speaker menu, level and adjust SW1 to +10 and use the test tone to see if the sub now sounds louder.

2) If that doesn't work, use analog input (ext. DAC, CD player etc.), use stereo mode with the sub connected to sub1, and on the audio menu select stereo with sub on, and see what happens.

Just trying to see such changes can make a difference and narrow down the issue, not to fix the issue as such at the moment.
1. No sound at all!
2. No sound at all!

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
I am wondering what is the cause for this?

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
one i would set to small
and lfe. not large and lfe+main. may sound stupid but reach back there at the sw1 connection and giggle it to see if its loose making sure there is a solid connect..and i still say since seller had it to sw2 he knew of problem and never told you.. why else would he use sw2

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
one i would set to small
and lfe. not large and lfe+main. may sound stupid but reach back there at the sw1 connection and giggle it to see if its loose making sure there is a solid connect..and i still say since seller had it to sw2 he knew of problem and never told you.. why else would he use sw2

I did that too......I moved the cable to see if there is something lose there but nothing....the same. I know in my expereince that this king of thing on a receiver this high rates is rare for this to be faulty. I've contacted the seller and he told me that all the connections were working. It was my mistake that I didn't check everything when I test it. And it was not cheap eather. :(

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
did you ask him why he was using sw2 instead of sw1 . i mean i think most would use 1. from the onset. maybe he allways used it and never
tried sw1. dont know but something is definatley amiss. i would still play a movie that has lfe to see what happens and what shows.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
did you ask him why he was using sw2 instead of sw1 . i mean i think most would use 1. from the onset. maybe he allways used it and never
tried sw1. dont know but something is definatley amiss. i would still play a movie that has lfe to see what happens and what shows.

Yes, I did and he can't remember ..yeah right.....my mistake

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
yeah told him that already but thats in 2ch

Yeah, plus I just noticed too that he has LFE + Mains turned on so it should still work.

There's a language barrier here that's not helping at all either. I'm beyond the point of confused with his descriptions. "No sound at all", to "it's not loud enough", to not seeing a satisfactory answer as to what happens during setup when Audyssey asks him to adjust the gain on his sub. Confusing and/or downright contradictory results.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, plus I just noticed too that he has LFE + Mains turned on so it should still work.

There's a language barrier here that's not helping at all either. I'm beyond the point of confused with his descriptions. "No sound at all", to "it's not loud enough", to not seeing a satisfactory answer as to what happens during setup when Audyssey asks him to adjust the gain on his sub.
So, when I make the factory reset and I arrive at the speakers test tone....there is a sound ....not loud. When the setup is finished and I go the the meniu for the test tone....no sound....that's so wierd.......

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
granted you’ve done resets. i would set reciever to factory default and restart process as if you just got it. set it up and you dont actually have to do audessey you can do the speakers manual with the test tones to hear everything is working. audessy you can do after. do the setup step by step.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
So, when I make the factory reset and I arrive at the speakers test tone....there is a sound ....not loud. When the setup is finished and I go the the meniu for the test tone....no sound....that's so wierd.......

does it get louder as you raise the db’s in test tones.. including sub

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

So during setup it will play the tone and have you adjust the volume on your sub? Are you able to adjust it where Audyssey wants it?

I think your expectations need to be adjusted. That test tone in the menu for the subwoofer is very quiet. It just is.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
and lol. your not in zone2 are you?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis