Looking for thoughts on ATI amps

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, they rent out extremely fast. :D

Seriously, we opened up our 3rd house for rent last Wednesday. The renters signed the 1YR contract with a check for $5,600 deposit the same day.

We listed the house for rent on Monday. Got about a hundred phone calls. We narrowed the ones with the highest credit scores and longest job tenure. Opened the house for viewing on Wednesday at 4pm. They signed the contract that same day.

It was the same with the 2 other houses we rented out.

Houses in southern California (Orange County) sell extremely fast and rent extremely fast. The demand is unbelievably high.

There is a reason we own 3 rental houses all in Orange County, not in Oklahoma! :D
@AcuDefTechGuy, WTH!! you got 3 rent houses and now I find out!! lol I could've moved to Oklahoma!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
But just think how good their subs sound now since they are being powered by an audiophile McIntosh amplifier! Look at those blue meters go.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets keep that kind of talk out of here. We wouldn't want to upset the Audioholic forum gods. They don't like hearing the word McIntosh. It upsets them. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
One thing that pleasantly surprised me about S. Cal is the home insurance premiums. For our 3 houses, the premiums (ANPAC) are about $500/YR for each of the two 1500SF houses and about $700/YR for the 3500SF house.

I mean the combined premium for all 3 SC houses is HALF the premium of our Oklahoma house.

I don't want to live anywhere in Cali, though. But I'm afraid one day I will have to move from my 5500SF home in OK to a much smaller house in S. Cal. because my wife loves S.Cal. :(
Orange County is not the highest risk place in the world for tornados, like Oklahoma City is. Nor is "The OC" prone to thunderstorms, high winds, and large hail, which also are common in OKC. I'm also assuming because these are rental units you went with the minimums for personal property coverage, whereas with your OKC home I'm assuming your coverage needed an up-charge for all those "premium finishes" you selected. Now if you wanted earthquake coverage in OC you might find the prices less to your liking.

FWIW, auto insurance is also cheaper in California. Don't ask me why, but it is.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Boring old Ottawa Canada lies on a very active fault line but the strongest we got was a 5.2. Compared to Cal, its child play I know. Tornadoes arent very common either, but 2 years or more ago, we had 7 rip through Ottawa area at the same time. They ranged from F1 to F3. Even an F1 can chew up a house pretty good. I cant imagine seeing an F4 or higher.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Orange County is not the highest risk place in the world for tornados, like Oklahoma City is. Nor is "The OC" prone to thunderstorms, high winds, and large hail, which also are common in OKC. I'm also assuming because these are rental units you went with the minimums for personal property coverage, whereas with your OKC home I'm assuming your coverage needed an up-charge for all those "premium finishes" you selected. Now if you wanted earthquake coverage in OC you might find the prices less to your liking.

FWIW, auto insurance is also cheaper in California. Don't ask me why, but it is.
Because Oklahoma is known as Toronado row, which cranks up the $$ damages...
But here in SoCal we have brush fires, mud slides, earth quakes, multiple undocumented/uninsured drivers...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
But here in SoCal we have brush fires, mud slides, earth quakes, multiple undocumented/uninsured drivers...

Just my $0.02... ;)
I know about SoCal. I lived in San Diego County for years. Evacuated twice due to fires. Mudslides are very localized damage compared to a large tornado. Having lived in the midwest too, SoCal looks pretty much idyllic to me.

The SoCal earthquakes were basically nothing to sweat about. Richter 5-something at worst. The Northridge quake did some damage, but it was an aberration. Earthquake policies are also a ripoff IMO, unless you're in an area that can get big quakes, what with 10-15% deductibles. I never bought quake insurance until I moved to Portland, OR. Oregon is subduction zone territory. When the big one hits up there, well, the only one like what the PNW will likely experience in North America was the Alaska quake of 1964. Richter 9.2 if memory serves (Google just said it does). Hopefully I don't have to look it in my lifetime, my kids still live there. Of course, that's what I said once about a pandemic.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Makes perfect since. Yeah tornadoes, hail storms, wind storms, thunderstorms, ice storms probably more common in OKC, especially the Tornadoes.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Just my $0.02... ;)
I feel you man, here's what I gotta put up with Every Year! :(:mad: its a map of Hurricanes since 1831 that has hit the Gulf of Mexico
37777C4A-4CBC-47A4-BC1F-DF51CF0C233F.jpeg

T

tealcomp

Audioholic Intern
Makes perfect since. Yeah tornadoes, hail storms, wind storms, thunderstorms, ice storms probably more common in OKC, especially the Tornadoes.
We get mostly hurricanes and tornadoes where we live. Oddly enough, nothing really painful has hit us in the years I've lived here. Others have not been as fortunate.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@AcuDefTechGuy, WTH!! you got 3 rent houses and now I find out!! lol I could've moved to Oklahoma!
Well the houses are in Southern California, not in OKC. :D

You know how much is rent? $2.5K to $3.5K per month depending on neighborhood and size of house. :D

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
I know about SoCal. I lived in San Diego County for years. Evacuated twice due to fires. Mudslides are very localized damage compared to a large tornado. Having lived in the midwest too, SoCal looks pretty much idyllic to me.

The SoCal earthquakes were basically nothing to sweat about. Richter 5-something at worst. The Northridge quake did some damage, but it was an aberration. Earthquake policies are also a ripoff IMO, unless you're in an area that can get big quakes, what with 10-15% deductibles. I never bought quake insurance until I moved to Portland, OR. Oregon is subduction zone territory. When the big one hits up there, well, the only one like what the PNW will likely experience in North America was the Alaska quake of 1964. Richter 9.2 if memory serves (Google just said it does). Hopefully I don't have to look it in my lifetime, my kids still live there. Of course, that's what I said once about a pandemic.
I have had a residence in SoCal for >40 years, living up the coast in Ventura county about halfway between LA and Santa Barbara. Also I have been through 5 major fires/evacuations and multiple earthquakes including the 94 Northridge one. In 94 I had about $50K damage but fortunately that year they allowed us to deduct the damages on our taxes. My primary residence has a specially designed foundation that uses internal cross stressed steel lines within the concrete footing. But I can tell U the 94 Northridge quake lasted about 1 minute and was the worst I have gone through, very violent, abrupt shaking. I recall it registered >6 on the Richter scale, and did tour the JBL/Harman Northridge factory that had about 2' of water from the sprinklers and 1 building that was totally condemned. The JBL factory was about 1 mile from the Northridge epicenter. For many years, earthquake insurance was impossible to get and had very high deductibles but now things are somewhat better.

Just my $0.02... ;).

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Research is showing, Within the next 30 years (starting in 2014) the San Andreas fault line is going to create a 7.5+ earthquake.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

You know how much is rent? $2.5K to $3.5K per month depending on neighborhood and size of house. :D
Umm You are Big Money Grip! I couldn't live on the West Coast, maybe 15 years ago. But last I heard the word was the United States is trying to sell it back to Mexico or California was trying to break away from the union something like that. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Have some relatives who live a block from the ocean in some gated community. I enjoyed my brief time visiting. But you couldn’t pay me enough to move to that state.

The worst weather for us Minnesotans and Wisconsinites are the negative temp weeks. I really don’t like going out in -30 below and then it sticks around for a week and sometimes two. Then add some windchill in and it feels like -50. I don’t mind snow for a couple of months, but I personally would love to be somewhere a little warmer by March/April.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Have some relatives who live a block from the ocean in some gated community. I enjoyed my brief time visiting. But you couldn’t pay me enough to move to that state.

The worst weather for us Minnesotans and Wisconsinites are the negative temp weeks. I really don’t like going out in -30 below and then it sticks around for a week and sometimes two. Then add some windchill in and it feels like -50. I don’t mind snow for a couple of months, but I personally would love to be somewhere a little warmer by March/April.
Well, Come on down to South Louisiana bro! We got mild winters sometimes no winter at all. Fisherman's paradise, Lots of money to be made with the oilfield Only state in the union that has Parishes and not counties. Only state in the union that has Napoleonic law. Prettiest women in the world best food in the world! Friendliest neighbors. One bad thing we got those lil storms that come around every year. But just hookup your 32 ft sideout camper to your 4X4 truck come back when it passes. ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Research is showing, Within the next 30 years (starting in 2014) the San Andreas fault line is going to create a 7.5+ earthquake.
Yep, I've been hearing that for a long time. Obviously, movies have been made about it. I also lived in the Bay Area, and that's where I felt the most quakes. Portland was second.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Well, Come on down to South Louisiana bro! We got mild winters sometimes no winter at all. Fisherman's paradise, Lots of money to be made with the oilfield Only state in the union that has Parishes and not counties. Only state in the union that has Napoleonic law. Prettiest women in the world best food in the world! Friendliest neighbors. One bad thing we got those lil storms that come around every year. But just hookup your 32 ft sideout camper to your 4X4 truck come back when it passes. ;)
Haha, funny thing is I checked out the Baton Rouge area. LSU is my team. Love them! Like legit fan, not some casual “oh they’re good” fan. Been a fan since I was in high school. Started with their track team, then football and baseball. I have yet to hit up a game. It’s on my to do list. Just gets super expensive, just haven’t felt like dropping the grand or two for a weekend. But I have purchased a good amount of LSU apparel! Was considering working at the University. If I ever moved down, I would purchase a house right next to Coach O. :D

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Having lived just outside of NOLA, I can vouch for this: especially the food. The NOLA area is the only place I ever lived in where you had to purposely go out of your way to find a bad meal. Hell, we used to leave the base at lunch time, drive to the nearest convenience store and order authentic Chinese food ... cooked in a wok right in front of you ... and don't even get me started on the places we frequented in The Quarter.

I don't know what it is about the place, but chefs from all over the world seem to descend upon NOLA, pull up their britches and plate their best dishes. There used to be a place there, on Dumaine Street, called Peristyle. Not only was it affiliated with Emeril Lagasse, but it was rated as one of the best restaurants in the South. Sadly, I just read that it has now closed, but I'm sure that there are still plenty of great places in the Mecca of great dining.

By the way, if anyone reading this post has ever been to the Dry Dock Cafe on Algiers Point, I'd love to know if they're still serving their fantastic crab bisque? Tres bon! :p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Having lived just outside of NOLA, I can vouch for this: especially the food. The NOLA area is the only place I ever lived in where you had to purposely go out of your way to find a bad meal. Hell, we used to leave the base at lunch time, drive to the nearest convenience store and order authentic Chinese food ... cooked in a wok right in front of you ... and don't even get me started on the places we frequented in The Quarter.

I don't know what it is about the place, but chefs from all over the world seem to descend upon NOLA, pull up their britches and plate their best dishes. There used to be a place there, on Dumaine Street, called Peristyle. Not only was it affiliated with Emeril Lagasse, but it was rated as one of the best restaurants in the South. Sadly, I just read that it has now closed, but I'm sure that there are still plenty of great places in the Mecca of great dining.

By the way, if anyone reading this post has ever been to the Dry Dock Cafe on Algiers Point, I'd love to know if they're still serving their fantastic crab bisque? Tres bon! :p
Oh hell yeah! The Big Easy! I use to take a lil ride up to NO about once every month. I'm from New Orleans. I'd do House of Blues killer burgers. Than take a lil river walk them New Orleans lady's bro! I was stand by the Shell One building one day, this lil lady was standing waiting to cross over to the other side of Padres St. She turned looked at me she goes would you walk me across please, lil blonde look like Lady Gaga I till ya! true story bro! How About Acme oyster House? Whaattt!! My two Sons and I make no less than two Saints home games every year. As you would guess we ain't to happy not being able to make a game this year with that Zombie apocalypse thing. Thing is this probably Drew Brees last year with the Saints. :(

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Oh hell yeah! The Big Easy! I use to take a lil ride up to NO about once every month. I'm from New Orleans. I'd do House of Blues killer burgers. Than take a lil river walk them New Orleans lady's bro! I was stand by the Shell One building one day, this lil lady was standing waiting to cross over to the other side of Padres St. She turned looked at me she goes would you walk me across please, lil blonde look like Lady Gaga I till ya! true story bro! How About Acme oyster House? Whaattt!! My two Sons and I make no less than two Saints home games every year. As you would guess we ain't to happy not being able to make a game this year with that Zombie apocalypse thing. Thing is this probably Drew Brees last year with the Saints. :(
Yeah, Gmoney, it's too bad about Drew Brees. He's probably the last of the real grid-iron QBs. I always liked him and he makes, as John Elway once named them, "the ballerinas" look like what they are: whining little beach-azz! The "hero" up this way, for example, Tom Brady -- what a poor excuse for a quarterback. For my money, I'd put the real QBs, like Bradshaw, Elway and Steve Grogan in before I'd consider that pampered little prima donna...but I digress. I'm very glad that I won't ever have to see that Prom Queen run over to a referee because some nasty old defensive end just put him on his candy arse.

In closing, I always said that soft QBs, like Brady, weren't worth their salt after being sacked a couple of times -- and that's why the Pattys always had trouble with defensive-oriented teams. If you don't believe it, just watch some video of the Ravens making Bellycheck's baby boy look like the coward he always was. Yep, it's too bad that we're losing old-schoolers like Brees.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis