Little green squares - Reputation Ratings

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
miklorsmith said:
Little green squares didn't sound interesting as a title.
I see it has been amended. Besides, it was before 'chicklets' was made the official title!

Thanks to the person for the corrected spelling by the way; I did try to amend it in my original post, but couldn't get it to work.

Regards

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
negatives in the steam vent???

I don't think people should be giving negative chicklets to people posting things in the steam vent. It's the steam vent!!! It's the one place in the forum that you shouldn't have to worry about being judged. Just my opinion.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
alandamp said:
I don't think people should be giving negative chicklets to people posting things in the steam vent. It's the steam vent!!! It's the one place in the forum that you shouldn't have to worry about being judged. Just my opinion.
You think thats bad, I got a negative for this one I was posting for Spiffy what my speakers look like. Even says here Spiffy look. Post #12 here.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=86159#post86159

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
alandamp said:
What is going on? That's ridiculous!! I mean those speakers are ugly, but come on!! (just kidding :D ).

Makes ya wonder how mature some of these posters are (chronologically and intellectually).
I've given out as much as possible in one day, But there are a few I've decided to take down, just as I shown in post #36 in this thread. Maybe we all should take down Clint, I gave him a positve, but now realize I should of gave a negative. Possibly for the post 2 up from here....

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
t's apparently not anonymous for admins... haha.
In that case Clint I'd like to retract all of the horrible things I said about you...well most of them...some of..nah I'll stand by my comments ;). So much for Anonymously slandering others on the internet :D .

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
mmmm. . .

This is my shameless pander. Please feed me chicklets. Please. I'm so hungry down here at the bottom of the well. Must have sugar. Sure, there's plenty of water but so hungry for . . . chicklets (that one's for you, Mule - like the dots?) Help me. Poor Miklor. . .

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well...well...

...given my political bent, the fact that I've owned(and enjoyed) my 901s since before most of you were born and my less-than-positive attitude towards HT, I'd better go out and get a box of Clorets gum so I can tape it's contents to my CRT...wouldn't want to have my ego bruised too badly when I'm in the red...

Personally, I think Mtry should have all the marbles...for as long as I had the pleasure of his acquaintance, he has be preachin' the same realist gospel...lotsa' points for that...

jimHJJ(...re: my rep...actually, I couldn't give a rat's @$$...)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it's an interesting idea, but it pretty much does amount to a "popularity" contest, because it is fallible. That means if someone doesn't like your response, even if it is the truth or contrary to what they wanted to hear, they can give you a negative rating just because they feel like it.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Buckeyefan 1 said:
I think Takeereasy and Duffinator are running for Class President! ;)
No politics for me thank you very much. I deal with that enough at work to last me a lifetime. But I think Buck and BMX deserve more little green squares since we agree on many subjects like Denon 3805's, LCD monitors, and HD DVD. I must have gotten lots of brownie points for my Audioholic Bird post: ;)

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9041

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
neat idea. I've seen it used on other forums. problem is it that it creates more headaches and "signal noise" then the benifit. People posting nothing but stating "-1 rep, or +1 rep" is it really necessary? Else people seeking out additional rep points.

I've recently seen this go quite ugly on a different msg board to the point where they did remove it.
Now that other msg board was quite a bit busier then this one currently is, so perhaps it wouldn't happen here. I'm just concerned.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Duffinator said:
But I think Buck and BMX deserve more little green squares since we agree on many subjects
Uhm, that is only seconding everyones opinion, that this is just a popularity contest. Since you agree with what they say then that means its good? And they deserve more points because they agree with you?

Uhm, I might have rethinked before making that statement....

EDIT::: I know the mods have some teachers pets but this is a bit strange.
See pic below.... 0 posts yet he has 14,000 positive reputation marks???

Attachments

Last edited:
racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
brian32672 said:
Uhm, that is only seconding everyones opinion, that this is just a popularity contest. Since you agree with what they say then that means its good? And they deserve more points because they agree with you?

Uhm, I might have rethinked before making that statement....

EDIT::: I know the mods have some teachers pets but this is a bit strange.
See pic below.... 0 posts yet he has 14,000 positive reputation marks???
I guess if you have zero posts you get to be a "digital guru." Is there a way to erase all my posts? I want to be a digital guru, not a seasoned member :) .

By the way, I agree with your assessment of Duffinator's comments!!

Duffinator

Duffinator

brian32672 said:
And they deserve more points because they agree with you?
No, because I agree with them. :p

brian32672 said:
Since you agree with what they say then that means its good?
No, they make valuable comments and I mostly agree with them. :eek:

brian32672 said:
Uhm, that is only seconding everyones opinion, that this is just a popularity contest.
It's not a popularity contest? :confused:

You are taking what I said WAAAAAAY too seriously. All kidding aside, I value Buck's and BMX's comments highly and have no idea how I have more green squares than they do. They certainly deserve more squares than me. :eek:

Last edited:
Y'all need to relax or I'm going to take the toys away. :)

I, me, myself, Clint.... added points to some people based on the fact that they've been here a while and I find their feedback helpful. After a while (after realizing we literally have pages and pages of people with tons of posts) I stopped doling out points so I could get back to work.

It will work out in the wash. No one has so many freebie points except for mods and staff writers (AND CERTAIN PEOPLE with Ph.D.s in ACOUSTICS who are going to be working with us shortly in the forums) that they can't be easily and quickly leveled out as needed.

I can't believe there are actually 75 posts on this new feature. 6-12 months from now it should be quote helpful as a tool for new users to gauge feedback.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Clint DeBoer said:
I can't believe there are actually 75 posts on this new feature. 6-12 months from now it should be quote helpful as a tool for new users to gauge feedback.
That remains to be seen. I doubt it.

I have one little green square that says 'off to a good start'. You know what, i was off to a good start 25 years ago when I learned Basic programming on the Apple II computer in 9th grade. Things are much different now...

Buckle-meister

MDS said:
That remains to be seen. I doubt it.

I have one little green square that says 'off to a good start'. You know what, i was off to a good start 25 years ago when I learned Basic programming on the Apple II computer in 9th grade. Things are much different now...
Nice.

Regards

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis