Little green squares - Reputation Ratings

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello folks,

I'm not actually complaining here, it's more of a curiosity.

Has anybody seen those little green squares in the top right of our postings?

What's that all about?

If you hover the mouse over it, it'll tell you something. For example, my own (single square) says "Buckle-meister is starting out well" whatever that is supposed to mean, whereas WmAx, with two squares, has "WmAx has a small fan club" ( ;) )

HaHaHa!

What on earth is that all about?!!!

Regards

Last edited:
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It's your reputation. It's a rating of how useful you are, so people get an idea of whether or not you're just blowing smoke. It looks like you can "add to people's reputation" by clicking the little scales of justice in the upper corner as well. Now I'm off to go make myself look better...

Buckle-meister

jaxvon said:
It's your reputation. It's a rating of how useful you are, so people get an idea of whether or not you're just blowing smoke. It looks like you can "add to people's reputation" by clicking the little scales of justice in the upper corner as well. Now I'm off to go make myself look better...
Oh dear. It would appear that Duffinator (with 4 squares) is more helpfull than WmAx (with 2 squares), even though the former has less postings than the latter.

I ask you; where's the justice?!!! :eek:

Also, the moderators appear to have six squares.

Now that's modesty for you!!! :eek:

Regards

p.s. (expecting mine to turn red anytime now) ;)

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
jaxvon said:
Someone tip my scales. I wanna be loved!! :) :D :eek:

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Buckle-meister said:
I'll do yours if you'll do mine! (nobody need know!!!) :)

Regards
Gladly. In fact I'm gonna go around and say, "I tipped the scales for Buckle-meister" in a heavy Scotish accent. That will entertain me all day :) .

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
PFF....get out.

And no, I'm not implying that. I only have a measly two squares (Wanna help a brother out?). Plus, I think it's hard to really go by that, seeing how you have to vote on people's posts.

Buckle-meister

jaxvon said:
PFF....get out.

And no, I'm not implying that. I only have a measly two squares (Wanna help a brother out?). Plus, I think it's hard to really go by that, seeing how you have to vote on people's posts.
So, what you're saying is that I should be really nice to people?

Hey Jaxvon, I think you're really cool :cool: . In fact, have I ever told you just how much I admire you? ;)

Regards

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Hahaha...I can take a hint. This is an utterly pointless thread, but I'll boost my post count with it :D

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
HookedOnSound said:
LOL, you guys need to get out a little more! ;)
How did you know??

Hey, I see you're in Canada. Is this one of the 5 days out of the year that it isn't snowing up there? You must be loving it. You probably got to walk outside without a coat today :D .

**sorry, I had to give you a hard time. I'm from the U.P. of Michigan which is thought of as a barren iceland that never sees temperatures above 30 degrees. I can just imagine the cracks you get living in Canada.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
alandamp said:
How did you know??

Hey, I see you're in Canada. Is this one of the 5 days out of the year that it isn't snowing up there? You must be loving it. You probably got to walk outside without a coat today :D .

**sorry, I had to give you a hard time. I'm from the U.P. of Michigan which is thought of as a barren iceland that never sees temperatures above 30 degrees. I can just imagine the cracks you get living in Canada.
No offense taken! you might laugh at tghis but some of most moronic comments I've heard are from ppl from Toronto (Canada) when I tell them them I'm about 5 hrs away up north from them. Like "you live in an igloo?", "do you snowmobile in the summer?", I'm not kidding!

One last word, I met a nice family from Michigan when I was a teenager, my dad's camper broke down on a return trip from a fishing trip (very isolated area) and they brought us into town, my dad was able to buy some part at an auto store to fix our vehicle. Out of gratitude, my father paid for lunch and it was quite a pleasant discussion we all had. It definitely changed my views about my southern neighbors, since then I have kept a more open mind about things.

Take care and thanks Michigan,

Buckle-meister

alandamp said:
....I'm gonna go around and say, "I tipped the scales for Buckle-meister" in a heavy Scotish accent.
An American mimicking a heavy Scottish accent...

...I shudder to imagine... :)

Regards

p.s. Actually, it's not that heavy. Folk from Glasgow have quite a coarse sound to their voice. Those from the Highlands and Islands are softer. Their voices almost seem to beckon you inside for a wee dram!

I thought y'all would get a kick out of "reputation" points... I never enabled them before but it makes a whole lot of sense and will help people to get a handle on the advice being given them...

BTW I notched up the mods and gave out some freebie points to certain people to start us off - now it's up to you guys to determine the final outcome...

If you want to talk 'ego' I gave Gene, me and select staff 4000 points... :)

Remember, this isn't tied to post count - it's the reputation or reliability/entertainment nature of the advice/comments given...

Buckle-meister

Clint DeBoer said:
...it's the reputation or reliability/entertainment nature of the advice/comments given...
Does that mean that the number of squares can go down as well as up?

Regards

p.s. I think you're great too Clint!!! ;)

S

Steve1000

Audioholic
I don't like the green squares! I'd rather hear what people think than have them influenced by what other people will think of their post so that they can get more green squares and a better "reputation."

Also, I don't like the mods getting a head start. While the moderation here is excellent on the whole, there of are couple of moderators I'm not impressed with at all. Let the mods earn their squares (or not) on the merits.

This is my favorite audio site on the web, but I don't like this green square thing, and I don't like how it's been implemented.

I do not like the green square thing!
I do not like it in the Spring!
I do not like it in the Summer!
I think it is a real big bummer!

Sure this will cost me some points, but what the hey, gotta practice what I preach. :eek:

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Clint DeBoer said:
.. I never enabled them before but it makes a whole lot of sense and will help people to get a handle on the advice being given them...

Remember, this isn't tied to post count - it's the reputation or reliability/entertainment nature of the advice/comments given...
Huh. So, let's just say, uhm... theoretically... that someone ensures that the overwhelming majority of their posts consist of detailed and objective data backed up/verified by credible references[to insure high quality of information]: would this be reflected in this poll that is supposed to be represenative of the quality of information given by said person? Or is this just, at it's core, a silly 'popularity contest'?

-Chris

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Buckle-meister said:
Oh dear. It would appear that Duffinator (with 4 squares) is more helpfull than WmAx (with 2 squares), even though the former has less postings than the latter.

I ask you; where's the justice?!!! :eek:

Also, the moderators appear to have six squares.

Now that's modesty for you!!! :eek:

Regards

p.s. (expecting mine to turn red anytime now) ;)

All this looks like something new. It is how useful, trustworth a poster is. The number of posts is not a factor.
I guess you can also add negative points by disagreeing with a post.
I just wonder if posters can differentiate between the quality factor of a post, over popularity of a person ;)

And that warning sign is a very good addition to report abusive posts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis