Little green squares - Reputation Ratings

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Clint DeBoer said:
Y'all need to relax or I'm going to take the toys away. :)
Threatening to take away the 'toys' that most don't want[based on the responses in this thread]? Oh, dear, that would be a tragedy...

Oddly enough, the silly reputation meter is not even good for accurate popularity scoring since it did not start from a zero count on everyone. I also find the inference that a P.h.d. gives someone points by default, a big blunder, since that in no way ensures an accurate or non-biased source of information. Don't have enough faith in your own system for it to dish out accurate scores without assistance?

-Chris

Last edited:

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
WmAx said:
Threatening to take away the 'toys' that most don't want[based on the responses in this thread]? Oh, dear, that would be a tragedy...

Oddly enough, the silly reputation meter is not even good for accurate popularity scoring since it did not start from a zero count on everyone. I also find the inference that a P.h.d. gives someone points by default, a big blunder, since that in no way ensures an accurate or non-biased source of information. Don't have enough faith in your own system for it to dish out accurate scores without assistance?

-Chris
WmAx, I'm not so sure that the majority of this thread's posters are against chicklets ( :) ). I'd say it was more an even split; those that simply don't want them, and those who don't mind them but have reservations as to their effectiveness in being representative of a person. Oh, and I think someone has given you a negative vote; it's right there in front of your name! ;)

Odd titles Ph.D's. Logically, they should actually be D.Ph's! :rolleyes:

Regards

All the points (except certain staff members) have been reset excepting points which were added recently. Even mods were reset.

At times we will assign lots of reputation points because we personally know the people involved. Of course, I didn't think it would take a Ph.D. to understand what I was getting at!

Buckle-meister

Clint, what do 'transparent' chicklets signify? I see green chicklets and red chicklets, but transparent chicklets?

Are they sick? :rolleyes:

Regards

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Buckle-meister said:
Odd titles Ph.D's. Logically, they should actually be D.Ph's!
Yes for those of you across the pond. It actually does make more sense - Doctor of Philosophy instead of what - Philosophy Doctor?

Now what about those with only a lowly MS degree, like myself. Would it be S.M. instead of M.S.?

Buckle-meister

Clint DeBoer said:
All the points (except certain staff members) have been reset excepting points which were added recently. Even mods were reset.
Uh oh. You've really done it now. The competition (for those who could care less) will be fiercer than ever.

Regards

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
M.S. = Master of Science (Computer Science, in my case). It's just a coincidence that my initials have M and S too. :)

Buckle-meister

MDS said:
Now what about those with only a lowly MS degree, like myself. Would it be S.M. instead of M.S.?
Why would it be S.M.? You would never say 'Science Master'; that's just daft!

I thought it might stand for Master of Science. In the UK, it's written M.Sc.

Regards

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Buckle-meister said:
Why not? Whisky's the water of life!

Regards
Don't beat up on him to bad, he's my friend. I had him join here rather than AVS forum.....

BTW MajorLoser, I know your real name..HaHa..
Also you got 1 extra rep from me. Friend :p

Buckle-meister

brian32672 said:
Don't beat up on him to bad, he's my friend.
Beat up on him? Oh no no no. I certainly never intended that :( , and just to prove it; one little chicklet for you MajorLoser! :)

Regards

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Buckle-meister said:
mrnomas, are you actually looking for a job at Audioholics, or it that simply your chicklets slogan?

I noticed that too. It's just my chicklet slogan but I mean, come on, aren't we ALL looking for a job at Audioholics? How many of us wouldn't want to get paid for playing with speakers and equipment all day long?! Anyone, anyone?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
As a pastime, hobby...

mrnomas said:
I noticed that too. It's just my chicklet slogan but I mean, come on, aren't we ALL looking for a job at Audioholics? How many of us wouldn't want to get paid for playing with speakers and equipment all day long?! Anyone, anyone?
...avocation, whatever, it's fun...as a job it would become, well...a job. After doing what I do for a living for nearly 36 years, there a facets of my work that also exist in my down-time...I dread and loathe them when they rear their ugly heads outside the confines of my indentured servitude.

jimHJJ(...but hey, that's just me...)

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Resident Loser said:
...avocation, whatever, it's fun...as a job it would become, well...a job. After doing what I do for a living for nearly 36 years, there a facets of my work that also exist in my down-time...I dread and loathe them when they rear their ugly heads outside the confines of my indentured servitude.

jimHJJ(...but hey, that's just me...)
I seem to be one of the few who do not dread their job..

John

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Don't get me wrong...

jneutron said:
I seem to be one of the few who do not dread their job..

John
...when left to my own devices, I love doing the work I do. Sadly, some parts have become much too simplified to be challenging and other parts have become too aggravating to tolerate...

Just tell me what you ultimately want and I'll do it...for the most part, as long as I needn't rely on anyone else I'm OK...it's the 'phone calls and the menus and the voice mail that twists my skivvies...and of course the only thing that can be worse than the electronic blockade is actually making contact. Dealing with customers(who also happen to be fellow employees) can sometimes be beyond the pale...that old maxim of "a little knowledge" takes on an entirely new meaning in my work environment.

jimHJJ(...if that makes any sense...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis