JVC Projector Owner’s Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The biggest thing I wish was better on the NZ3 is the Lens system, which I've mentioned before. When it gets cold, the lens would shift down a little. Then when the projector gets hot, the lens would shift up again.

I have now "Ceiling-mount" the NZ3. And now the lens are permanently fixed and do not shift on their own. Now I am extremely happy. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Room of one of my clients who just got the NX7, Def Tech in-walls, and Denon X8500. He got the idea of placing the NX7 on the shelf from my room. :D

Of course, his impression of the NX7: Absolutely stunning picture quality. :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I like that room, but I'm a big fan of putting a soffit around a theater space. You can create that shelf you need using the soffit and it provides a way to retro in cabling later... along with all the lighting options a soffit offers.

Glad they actually went 'dark' in the theater. Can't tell much else about it, but I would love to get that projector. Budget for me won't likely ever be above $2,000 for a projector. But, I'm happy with my x590/rs440.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's been a while since I gave a F/U to my experience with the new JVC NZ3.

Nothing new to mention, but still loving this little projector!

Hope it lasts 20+ years. I won't miss replacing any lamps. :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It's been a while since I gave a F/U to my experience with the new JVC NZ3.

Nothing new to mention, but still loving this little projector!

Hope it lasts 20+ years. I won't miss replacing any lamps. :D
Took me a minute to realize you meant a "follow up" and not a "F&*% you"....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Took me a minute to realize you meant a "follow up" and not a "F&*% you"....
That's what I get for abbreviations. :D

Yeah, F/U is a common abbreviation in the healthcare.

F/U = follow up
C/O = complain of
W/ = with
W/O = without

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's interesting that so far, I've gotten more requests for the JVC RS540 (X790) and NX7 than I do for the NX5.

Initially I thought the NX5 would be more popular. :D

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I've sold mostly NX5s with a bunch of 7's thrown in. I think the NX7 is the sweet-spot of the line.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just wanted to share a little demo session a few weeks ago.

I had 2 clients over my house to demo the NZ3 and NX5. They also auditioned the Epson 6050UB at the Magnolia Best Buy store. So the comparison was 6050UB vs NZ3 vs NX5.

First, for most video contents (especially bright colorful 4K), it is more difficult to see the day-and-night winner. The clients said all 3 PJ have awesome PQ here. NX5 is best; NZ3 and Epson are neck-to-neck.

But for dark video contents like Dark Knight, it is very obvious that the Epson and NZ3 are no match for the NX5. It is night-and-day difference here. They said the black levels of the Epson and NZ3 are comparable to each other, but neither can touch the black levels of the NX5.

So, in the end, they decided to purchase the JVC NZ3. Why?

1. NZ3 is Laser. Don’t have to worry about loss of lumens or replacing lamps.
2. Most video contents are bright and colorful, so most of the time it’s not an issue. They could live with the black levels of the NZ3 (or Epson) for dark scenes for the Price. :D
3. Price is, of course, always a factor.

S

stridsvognen

Audiophyte
Room of one of my clients who just got the NX7, Def Tech in-walls, and Denon X8500. He got the idea of placing the NX7 on the shelf from my room. :D

Of course, his impression of the NX7: Absolutely stunning picture quality. :D

I think the shelf mounting is a great idea with the N series, there seems to be quite a few issues with dust on the panels when they are mounted upside down, due to the new lamp engine design.

P

Peter Jansson

Audioholic Intern
Hi
Any rumors that jvc is coming with new projectors this year..?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hi
Any rumors that jvc is coming with new projectors this year..?
I haven't heard anything yet. I would think that they are looking at what HDMI 2.1 can do for them or what they can do with it. Certainly a 120hz 4K solution would be a great addition to their lineup. As would 8K support through eShift. The 120hz support should be on their lower lines if the chip sets support it. Their 8K pixel shifting should stick with the top end, but be supported from HDMI to lens if possible.

P

Peter Jansson

Audioholic Intern
I haven't heard anything yet. I would think that they are looking at what HDMI 2.1 can do for them or what they can do with it. Certainly a 120hz 4K solution would be a great addition to their lineup. As would 8K support through eShift. The 120hz support should be on their lower lines if the chip sets support it. Their 8K pixel shifting should stick with the top end, but be supported from HDMI to lens if possible.
Ok, thanks for answear, will se if they Come with something in september..

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm selfishly hoping they come with VRR too. If I could plug my pc into my projector and have 4k 120hz VRR I'd be very happy. That could be a pretty excellent experience.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis