JBL Studio 698! I just had to do it fellas!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow just wow.

So 333pm I get a message from UPS my package has been delivered.

Running down the stairs in excitement I throw open the door.

And there is no 83 pound box of JBL speaker.

I look up and down the neighborhood.

No box anywhere

I wait 15min thinking they may have hit delivery early.

No luck I message UPS who tell me to contact Crutchfield.

I contact Crutchfield. They say they will look into it.

I get a message from Crutchfield saying it's been delivered. So I call back. A new lady said I will need to wait 24 hours because neighbors may deliver it they may find it. If not 24 hours THEN THEY WILL START A CLAIM #.

.......... you would be so proud of me @shadyJ

I calmly explained that I don't know if a neighbor is going to deliver an 83lb speaker package to my door. And this package cost me 850.00 plus tax. So there's always a risk someone could steal it. So is there anything else they can do to attempt to rectify this situation since it was supposed to be here last Thursday and it's over 4 days late from the date they claim already.

So I get a call from a service member at Crutchfield saying they have gotten in contact with UPS and they will be in contact with her in about an hour. She will contact me back.

I thanked her very much for everything she was trying to do. You'd be proud of Mr @shadyJ

So that's where we are at. F$ck my life right now. I've got no room to b$tch I know there is way worse things going on right now im the world but still....

I'm going into work for a couple hours to blow off some steam and put my mind on something else :mad:

I love you guys! Sorry about the vent!

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
UPS is beyond horrible. Completely incompetent. The worst shipping company in the history of mankind.

Put them out of business.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
UPS normal procedure for lost item. A month ago, we received a package from UPS, with a totally different address. The address was 4 blocks away and I ended up tracking down the address and delivered it. The lady said her email said the item was delivered. She was very thankful she received. I hope this is the case with you. I know I couldn't lift 80 lbs.

We have a UPS hub in our city, which I have their local number. In have used a couple times. I would think their driver on our route, for example, would remember an 80lb box? Anyway, I'm sure @Danzilla31, you'll get that replacement speaker, but sad there is more waiting time. I know!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I already contacted Crutchfield and sent them the pics.

If this speaker survived this trip that is a sign from the universe that I am meant to keep these. I don't know how in the heck this speaker could make it through unscathed.

I gotta run into work I will contact you guys when I get back after I open the box up

Don't pray for me guys.

Pray for this poor 698.

She needs a miracle lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Sweet Jebus, Man. What trash compactor did you find that in?

Just stunned.

Somebody clearly put effort into destroying that! That officially transcends the Forklift Polo I've experienced from FedEx.

*fingers crossed

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow just wow.

So 333pm I get a message from UPS my package has been delivered.

Running down the stairs in excitement I throw open the door.

And there is no 83 pound box of JBL speaker.

I look up and down the neighborhood.

No box anywhere

I wait 15min thinking they may have hit delivery early.

No luck I message UPS who tell me to contact Crutchfield.

I contact Crutchfield. They say they will look into it.

I get a message from Crutchfield saying it's been delivered. So I call back. A new lady said I will need to wait 24 hours because neighbors may deliver it they may find it. If not 24 hours THEN THEY WILL START A CLAIM #.

.......... you would be so proud of me @shadyJ

I calmly explained that I don't know if a neighbor is going to deliver an 83lb speaker package to my door. And this package cost me 850.00 plus tax. So there's always a risk someone could steal it. So is there anything else they can do to attempt to rectify this situation since it was supposed to be here last Thursday and it's over 4 days late from the date they claim already.

So I get a call from a service member at Crutchfield saying they have gotten in contact with UPS and they will be in contact with her in about an hour. She will contact me back.

I thanked her very much for everything she was trying to do. You'd be proud of Mr @shadyJ

So that's where we are at. F$ck my life right now. I've got no room to b$tch I know there is way worse things going on right now im the world but still....

I'm going into work for a couple hours to blow off some steam and put my mind on something else :mad:

I love you guys! Sorry about the vent!
Off the top of my cynical mind it sounds like UPS covering their ass. When I bought an avr from Crutchfield I'm pretty sure I had to sign for it....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, that’s nothin.’ Get that speaker out of there and make a sweet a$$ fort with the box.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Where/how did you find it?
It was at my neighbors they had hidden it in a corner of his porch it's why I couldn't find it from the street

I try not to be cynical Lovin but I feel the same way. They always ring the bell with deliveries like these

But they didn't ring my door or my neighbors when they dropped it off so he didn't know it was there

It's almost like they knew I wouldn't accept it in that condition. So they conveniently dump it at the house next door and scram so I can then find it.

I'm heading home now so as soon as I pull in I'll start taking pictures and we'll see what we got

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well as I pulled the shambles off that box off of this speaker for half a second I thought she somehow survived unscathed. But alas it was not to be

20230320_203651.jpg
20230320_203639.jpg
20230320_203629.jpg
20230320_203602.jpg
20230320_203558.jpg
20230320_203549.jpg
20230320_203544.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'll contact Crutchfield tommorow and see how we move forward. Sometimes a company wins me over not by how they do things right. But by how they respond when things go wrong

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Yikes, that took a beating! Shame on UPS. Did they take a hammer to it? Crutchfield should absolutely be sending you a replacement and pay for the return shipping. See if you can have Cruthchfeild ship on a pallet via UPS freight on the next go-round. That should keep your JBLs much safer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis