JBL Studio 570/520C my thoughts

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I recently sold my RSL CG23/3 HT to move to JBL. JBL was having one of those crazy sales and the 570s were on sale for 200 each, I couldn't pass it up. A few weeks later the 520C was on sale for 89.99 which again I could not physically pass up.
Well a big leap of faith played out very, very well. The JBL Studio series is just an insane value. Very dynamic speakers with the compression drivers. I'm just constantly blown away by them. The 520C took a bit of experimentation but I got it just right and sounds fantastic. The 520C matches the 570s perfectly. I'm using my old Def Tech SM55 as surrounds and actually sound amazing with the JBL Studio series. Movies sound extremely dynamic and crystal clear. Music is wow time also, female voices are just beautiful, male voices rich and detailed.
I'm very glad I made the move. Hard to beat at the sale prices that's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad to hear you're happy with your new speakers! I agree those crazy 50% sales on the 5 series is hard to pass up. New gear is always fun. As far as the center we all know that design gets a bit of a knock, but I think that knock is a little overblown sometimes and not really a factor until you get fairly far off axis. I don't think it's as big a problem as sometimes portrayed. I'll bet it sounds great and matches timbre very well with your new mains.

I've yet to get an opportunity to listen to the 5 series, but in my head they're right in line with the SVS Ultra series as far as build quality and performance. I took a long hard look at the 590s and was really tempted but they weren't on sale when I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Glad to hear you're happy with your new speakers! I agree those crazy 50% sales on the 5 series is hard to pass up. New gear is always fun. As far as the center we all know that design gets a bit of a knock, but I think that knock is a little overblown sometimes and not really a factor until you get fairly far off axis. I don't think it's as big a problem as sometimes portrayed. I'll bet it sounds great and matches timbre very well with your new mains.

I've yet to get an opportunity to listen to the 5 series, but in my head they're right in line with the SVS Ultra series as far as build quality and performance. I took a long hard look at the 590s and was really tempted but they weren't on sale when I had money burning a hole in my pocket.
Yeah the MTM center thing is a bit over my head. I understand what people say and it makes sense that it would have issues but let's face it, 99% of center channels are MTM. There really aren't a ton of 3 way center channel designs. It is what it is I guess.
I put my 520C on 4 Yoga blocks and they are exactly in line with the 570 tweeters and almost exactly ear level. Sounds absolutely perfect now. Raised up and decoupled which is a hot topic right now.
I'm just enjoying now. I do read the JBL Studio 530s for surrounds to replace the Def Tech SM55 but if another speaker shows up at this house I will be living under a bridge with those speakers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis