Help with speakers for my final 2 channel bedroom setup

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ah yes I remember those being well liked here. I remember the subs being on sale a couple of years ago. Pogre a member here who bought 2-4 of them. Enjoy them!
Thank you! I also got 4 of these bookshelves as well included in the package.

I am loving this setup it is perfect for my bedroom and the red burl finish is amazing looking and is a great aesthetic for the bedroom :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Are you sticking with the receiver you got? And if so, is the video acceptable or are you going to use a digital optical for audio and just push video right to the TV?

You won't need Atmos so not sure that wouldn't sound damn near the same.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Are you sticking with the receiver you got? And if so, is the video acceptable or are you going to use a digital optical for audio and just push video right to the TV?

Great question

No it will work for now but I will be using something different soon

1rst it's an older model it passes 4k but it's rudimentary and can't take advantage of the different 4k formats now available which didn't matter when I had the projector but does matter with the new TV which can handle them all

2nd the audio codecs a little older too and I would benefit from a newer model with better DSP and audio modes

3rd I don't listen to reference in the bedroom but even still when the volume goes up it gets pretty hot to the touch even with crossovers and the subs doing heavy lifting. It's not very powerful and those speakers would like some more power. @gene in his review said best results with the towers is to run them full range with those subs since neither the towers or the subs go deep it's better to work them together to get that midbass slam this system can pull off in place of that low end extension that you are giving up. But I need a more robust Reciever or power amp for that

4rth the Reciever doesn't have wifi and only has limited network capabilities even with direct connection

I have a spare Marantz Mk2 prepro that will do the job nicely. I just need to pick up a new power amp for it I sold the one I had been using. When the guy came that bought my screen and projector he ended up buying the speakers I had and the power amp pretty much everything I had in the room at that time :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I don't want to go with an optical because I love the CEC and EARC capabilities this TV has. I can control everything in my system with either the TV remote or the Nvidia remote or the wifi remote app for the TV from my phone

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I don't want to go with an optical because I love the CEC and EARC capabilities this TV has. I can control everything in my system with either the TV remote or the Nvidia remote or the wifi remote app for the TV from my phone
That makes total sense. You at least will have the option of picking up a power amp to go with your pre pro or a receiver (new or used) to do what you want.

Those speakers will probably look good in a bedroom. That's the selling point for those Polk Rti A8's that we have, the wood vaneer is really really nice and belive it or not they sound good too especially for a bedroom. The looks are the reason that I do not ever consider replacing them as they fit the room so nicely. And if I'm honest, I'm not blowing out the sound in there, often largely just watching direcTV shows.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That makes total sense. You at least will have the option of picking up a power amp to go with your pre pro or a receiver (new or used) to do what you want.

Those speakers will probably look good in a bedroom. That's the selling point for those Polk Rti A8's that we have, the wood vaneer is really really nice and belive it or not they sound good too especially for a bedroom. The looks are the reason that I do not ever consider replacing them as they fit the room so nicely. And if I'm honest, I'm not blowing out the sound in there, often largely just watching direcTV shows.
They look AMAZING in my bedroom

I'm usually listening to music the most in my bedroom I do watch some shows tho from time to time

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's starting Im out of time before work so I'll finish up tonight and post final pictures then

20240605_141633.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Is the TV the main source now? Where is the Projector?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How are you liking you center channel speaker? It's much bigger than mine, Elite center speaker.
It's very very good.

However as a fellow who likes 3 vertical or identical speakers in the front and has owned multiple setups with that arrangement I must admit this center channel sounds great but you can tell the difference between 3 identical towers having 3 identical speakers is so addictive

BUT the room looks so much nicer with the dresser where it is now so much more open and the center channel although not as ideal as 3 identical towers still sounds very good, good enough that I plan on keeping the room as is

Plus when the dresser was on the right wall between the bookshelves the reflections off that side were a real pain in the butt to deal with

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok here you go!!!

I have to hide those wires then remeasure and then do a listening session after work tonight after that tell you guys my final listening impressions. Gotta get ready for work right now tho! Talk to you later!

20240606_125244.jpg
20240606_125216.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok here you go!!!

I have to hide those wires then remeasure and then do a listening session after work tonight after that tell you guys my final listening impressions. Gotta get ready for work right now tho! Talk to you later!

View attachment 67848View attachment 67849
The size of those speakers really works for the room. They look good and I still love the subs looks and size. So hope it sounds good because it really fits for a bedroom vs. some of the other stuff. Also the mounted TV is better and allows for flexibility in center speaker placement. Looks good.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Final thoughts guys!

First thank you for all your help!!!

The size of the TV at 85 is perfect for the bedroom. Just a great viewing distance. The 100 inch screen for the projector was a tad bit large although I did love all that immersion

But I'm just as happy with the viewing distance on the 85.

With the speakers properly set up and since I listen directly on axis I'm not missing my 3 tower setup for the front stage at all.

I'm loving going back to a 5.1 I forgot how immersive 5.1 can be.

The speakers and subs are perfect for the room and room size. The JBL 698's could easily overpower that room. I could never really use all their headroom

But don't get it twisted. This setup has plenty of headroom the speakers and the subs are very very dynamic. The subs are shockingly dynamic ( Especially for the price I spent) plenty of midbass 30 and on up slam. I'm not missing the extra low end extension in this setup at all.

The subs have an auto on feature that works perfectly

The speakers highs are perfect for that room that laid back tweeter is ideal for such a reflective room and setup

The midrange is very good for the price I spent. For the price I paid the highs and midrange on these speakers is excellent I really got a steal of a deal. Movies music everything sounds great. @gene was spot on with his review. Your getting a ton of good audio fidelity and output for a great price with these speakers. RBH did a great job. And I can't get over the aesthetics of these speakers the Red Burl finish is gorgeous.

Thanks to CEC and EARC I can seamlessly run everything the Reciever, my Nvidia shield pro, and the TV all of the web app remote that comes with the TV downloaded onto my phone. Nice to have such a cheap one remote solution. The app was free!!!

I'm really really really enjoying this setup

It's so nice to get off a rough night at work just shower head upstairs run the system off my phone and stream music or movies or shows until I get tired and drift off to sleep. But I don't disturb my family

The Reciever Im happy with for now
At the listening levels I use in that room it's fine. It will work for now until I save up for the right 5 channel amp to go with that room. I will use the Mk2 older Marantz prepro to run it but eventually I will save up and find a used Yamaha CX-A5100 or 5200 to not only be used in the bedroom but also to serve as a backup just in case my Monolith HTP-1 in the movie room would ever need to get sent in for any type of service.

Ive cleaned up all the wires I'll send some final pics later!!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis