I think my pioneer vsx-819h receiver is dying

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
The Roon info needs its own thread. @DJ in TX checked out on Monday and wouldn’t know what anybody was talking about anyway and now we are at page seven of this f#%ker.;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As TLS mentuined you still need DACs and Amps but in theroy you only would be limited by the room core CPU. There a few at ASR that have been doing multi channel setups. It is like what you can do with high end processors like Storm, Trinnov and DataSat.
So 16 and 32 channel processing is available if you have the hardware?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
An MP3 file could sound better than a FLAC file, depending on which one has the better sounding original.

So I would prefer to choose my own versions depending on which one I think SOUNDS better, not let anyone choose for me. :D

Kind of like Kaleidescape movie player that costs thousands vs Kodi that’s free. Depends on the user.

Whichever floats our boats. :D
I make two rips from the same CD. FLAC for the home and MP3 for the car. At 320k the MP3 is pretty much indistinguishable from the FLAC but that's all the car plays. And you can set the preference in Roon for which one you prefer as well. :p It's mostly the interface I prefer though. I like the UI much more than Plex or Kodi.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis