How to get desk job ? Or home work

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I did. And since I made that offer I have ran two CCNA classes for a total of 21 students, 4 have obtained their CCNA... It's been great to do this for free but it's 12 weeks two nights a week and that doesn't count my prep time and the follow on Q/A that participants have.
Out of curiosity, please, for those of us not in the tech field...

What does attaining the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification mean?
Are there other advanced certification programs to follow and specialize in, outside of going to school to pursue a Computer Science, or similar, degree?
What does a person need in order to start down this path?

Thank you!

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic

Are there other advanced certification programs to follow and specialize in, outside of going to school to pursue a Computer Science, or similar, degree?

Thank you!
Cisco has numerous career paths and certifications.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Yeah think someone on here offered to train me on whatever that is once , but my laptop broke and won’t charge . plus it’s too obsolete for any pc new programs..
need a new computer to do anything these days …

I don’t really got a clue what it’s supposed to be , some sort of tech training thingy?
Never even heard of an It before , if I had a working computer I could had tried it out …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

I might have been too subtle in this, but I was actually trying to be helpful to OP… if he ever were to decide to stop wasting all his energy making excuses for why he doesn’t change his situation.
As per the status quo, further evidenced by his latest post, this is not to be the case and he would rather keep complaining about the sad state of his affairs and telling us why he “can’t” break the cycle.

A case study for the pro-eugenics camp if ever there were one.
SMDH

Yeah think someone on here offered to train me on whatever that is once , but my laptop broke and won’t charge . plus it’s too obsolete for any pc new programs..

I don’t really got a clue what it’s supposed to be , some sort of tech training thingy?
Hey Noob:
Grow the fcuk up, quit your sad-sop belly aching, take charge of your life, and stop wasting oxygen!
No, life will never be easy. Improving yourself requires tireless effort.
But if you applied half the effort to improving yourself as you do to posting pointless banal cr@p on the forum, you may surprise yourself.

Now, since you likely missed out on Jin’s very generous offer, I just wanna point out that people with the certification he was offering to help you get can earn an average salary in Ohio of ~$83,000.
Taken with a grain of salt, even $60K would be a tremendous starting salary.

Instead, you just keep to your pathetic antics and excuses.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

Never even heard of an It before , if I had a working computer I could had tried it out …
You "think someone" offered to train you? That someone has been mentioned in this thread several times and replied to this thread several times and you can't even figure out who it is? For what it's worth, it was Jinjuku that offered to help you out and train you.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You "think someone" offered to train you? That someone has been mentioned in this thread several times and replied to this thread several times and you can't even figure out who it is? For what it's worth, it was Jinjuku that offered to help you out and train you.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
More like whipping the gift horse for not making the gift easier.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
More like whipping the gift horse for not making the gift easier.
I might have been too subtle in this, but I was actually trying to be helpful to OP… if he ever were to decide to stop wasting all his energy making excuses for why he doesn’t change his situation.
As per the status quo, further evidenced by his latest post, this is not to be the case and he would rather keep complaining about the sad state of his affairs and telling us why he “can’t” break the cycle.

A case study for the pro-eugenics camp if ever there were one.
SMDH

Hey Noob:
Grow the fcuk up, quit your sad-sop belly aching, take charge of your life, and stop wasting oxygen!
No, life will never be easy. Improving yourself requires tireless effort.
But if you applied half the effort to improving yourself as you do to posting pointless banal cr@p on the forum, you may surprise yourself.

Now, since you likely missed out on Jin’s very generous offer, I just wanna point out that people with the certification he was offering to help you get can earn an average salary in Ohio of ~$83,000.
Taken with a grain of salt, even $60K would be a tremendous starting salary.

Instead, you just keep to your pathetic antics and excuses.
It says you gotta re test every 3 years so you’d have to be very dedicated to doing it .
I would definitely had done it if I had a computer, not sure how similar it is to graphic design.. probably lot-better pay ..
I don’t have access to a computer my parents won’t let me use there’s , due to some pc game I used to play .. fools think it kills PCs.

I’m not saying Cisco is bad or anything just never heard of it before .. must be a tech training service..

Why the constant re certification in fields like this ? New technology??

I’m bored no computer either , my bad if it sounds like I’m ranting .. definitely shouldn’t had quit looking for a job that’s when theres no hope ..
all I seem to be good at right now is making excuses

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
1633913863279.png

Do yourself a favor, either make the decision to change your siutation or go on disablity, because you seem paralized in wanting to change your situation. If you are unable to change your situation disability may be your only option, because I think a big part of your problem is psychological.

The posters comments about a college degree being like a high scholl diploma can be true in most cases, but not so much in IT. Apple, Google, Micorosoft have removed the degree requirments in a lot of cases, of course you have to have the skill/ability

Stop looking/finding excuses on not trying to make a change. Yes you will have to "re-certify" if you haven't noticed, technology tends to change over time. Make a decision to change your situation. Until you do that, I would reccommond not asking for help, if you can't start helping yourself.

My company has a philintropic side that helps disadvantaged persons find careers in IT with more basic IT certificaitons (A+, Network+ etc) They even have an IT fundamentals certification to help get you started. It is a great start to your career path in IT and potentially work your way to CISCO certifications. PC techs earn anywhere from 15-25 an hour starting, sometimes more. If you truely want to make a change, I will see what I can do to help get your started, but until you decide you really want to make a change and not just vent on here don't waste your time posting. (You will need to re-certify these certs as well)

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
It says you gotta re test every 3 years so you’d have to be very dedicated to doing it .
I would definitely had done it if I had a computer, not sure how similar it is to graphic design.. probably lot-better pay ..
I don’t have access to a computer my parents won’t let me use there’s , due to some pc game I used to play .. fools think it kills PCs.

I’m not saying Cisco is bad or anything just never heard of it before .. must be a tech training service..

I’m bored no computer either , my bad if it sounds like I’m ranting .. definitely shouldn’t had quit looking for a job that’s when theres no hope ..
Can't help ya if you can't help yourself.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Good lord. At least be honest up front about the fact that you are not actually going to do one damn thing to change your situation

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Look, Noobs...
You are getting the same message from pretty much everybody here, just in case you haven't noticed. You are in control of your own destiny. Period.
Sure, I guess living under the sink is easy, but you clearly aren't happy, and you shouldn't be!

To be completely frank, the only reason I am even spending more time here is because this is the only post from you with any hint of cognition behind it which I have seen.

If you stop playing with emojis, gifs and silly memes for a bit and really look at the deeper aspects of what we've said to you, there is only one path forward.
If you want to change your situation, it starts now. You can never look back no matter how difficult it may be. And it will be difficult, I promise.
If you drop the antics and accept responsibility for yourself, you can completely rebuild yourself and have a career that will take you out of the basement within two years. Maybe it starts with you doing stuff you hate, but you clearly need to be challenged even more in order to prove to yourself that you want it.
The alternative is wasting away beneath your parents until they are gone... and then what? Try to keep playing the fool with nobody to take care of you?

It's your call.

Go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow, and when you wake up you fight for a future for yourself. Nobody is going to do it for you. Nobody is going to give it to you.
You must create it, nurture it, fight for it.

A warrior faces every new day as a challenge, knowing well it could be their last. No warrior will give less then their all to accomplish their goals and they will endeavor to live every day better than the day before.

Accept the challenge to change yourself. Embrace it. Wake up tomorrow and begin living that path. Fight to be better. Never give up and don't look back.

That's it.

Now do it.

(Here's a hint, my last freebie to you: finish your graphic design program. Don't post back until you can put your certificate on the wall and show us that you did it.)

jinjuku

jinjuku

You do have to retest or earn continuing education credits that aren't actual testing. My employer PAYS for the recert. Not only the test but a bonus. This is just an example.

2nd if you are actively in the field the re-certification should be a walk in the park and not much of your time.

3rd when you re-certify you should do the smart thing and take a different study track. Not only will it renew your existing cert, it will grant you a new one. Have your CCNA in Router/Switch? Re-cert in collab or security. Now you have two.

Some people are expressing interest in a CCNA class. I currently don't have the bandwidth to lead such as I have my own studies (CCNA DevOPS and CCIE ENCORE) but what I can do:

Get David Bombals CCNA 200-301 UDEMY course

It's $15.99 and I'll purchase my own to keep along with you all.

Register an account at Cisco NetAcad and install the latest version of Packet Tracer.

I'll group meet for 30-40 minutes post section. Consider that there are 134 'in scope of test' 'micro-sections' and that roughly each ~6 make up a normal book chapter for Q/A and if something wasn't clear from David I'll try and make it so. Assume a cadence of two chapters(12 micro-sections) per week. Let me clear: You HAVE to hit the cadence or the Q/A won't make much sense and I don't know if I'll have time to do actual instruction.

Depending on some sections however I may have material to supplement or replace. Some items like IPV4 subnetting are taught in a very academic manner and not even the most seasoned of instructors are immune from over complication.

1. Davids Course
2. Packet Tracer
3. ~ 12 microsections per week and we meet live 2X per week as a group for Q/A and live lab if needed/time permitting.
4. If you have an Amazon kindle I strongly suggest you get 101 CCNA labs. Or Kindle Cloud Reader.
5. If you plan on getting the CCNA I would tell you to schedule it for no further than two weeks after completion. Light a fire under your ass.
6. I ALWAYS assume I'm taking a test twice. Your first time is a paid look. If you've studied properly and with a bit of luck you'll pass it the first time. It's 102 questions of trivia.
7. There are test prep materials. PM me and we can group together on what those resources look like. Highly recommended.
8. If you get the CCNA take a small break and start your CCNP.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Thank you!
It means someone can trust you to install a switch in a closet somewhere, plug wired devices in, do some basic troubleshooting of connectivity (debug and look at logs). Things like that.

Other really popular certs: AWS all day long. (Amazon Web Services). Also Microsoft Azure.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It means someone can trust you to install a switch in a closet somewhere, plug wired devices in, do some basic troubleshooting of connectivity (debug and look at logs). Things like that.

Other really popular certs: AWS all day long. (Amazon Web Services). Also Microsoft Azure.
For our mutual friend... ;)
Once you have the cert, are you ready to work? Is there other education you need to get out and start a career?

(I ask because this was the common promise of culinary school, that you could run a restaurant when done... Of course, this wasn't true at all.)

jinjuku

jinjuku

For our mutual friend... ;)
Once you have the cert, are you ready to work? Is there other education you need to get out and start a career?

(I ask because this was the common promise of culinary school, that you could run a restaurant when done... Of course, this wasn't true at all.)
If you are a green CCNA with 0 experience expect to be on a very short lease. It will be a lot of look at a ticket and either resolve with some basic commands or use basic commands and kick the ticket up the chain.

A lot of entry level would be Network Operation Center monitoring, switch install and cable swing, that sort of thing. Expect about 2 years of this entry level stuff.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There you have it @Kingnoob ... there may still be a path open if you want it.

Do you?

(If not, at least have the courtesy to thank out friend, here, for his offer to help you!)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I definitely need to hide any papers dealing with disability, better off denied I didn’t want it they yelled at me to try .. no thanks !! .. any ideas
I already got enough debt that’s a joke ..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis