Hoping for some help on my next gen setup

A

Ant2369

Audiophyte
Hey everyone Looking for some help and guidance. I pre ordered both an Xbox series x and PS5 (the Xbox will be the main gaming machine incase that comes up or I’m hindered and need to choose)

I’m hoping for help on what I need to change/modify in order to achieve 120hz. My setup LG 77” C9 which I know can pass 120hz and my receiver is a denon AVR-x4500 which is still new and cannot.

is there a way to accomplish what I want while maintaining my Atmos 7.1.4 sound without needing to upgrade my reciever I just got 10 months ago?

I read someone possibly hooking the system to the tv directly then using hdmi 2 (eArc) to the reciever?

Any help would be hugely appreciated

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
If the 4500 supports eARC you could do that yes. If you get it to work right you should be getting the full sound experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Leemix is right, connect the new consoles to the TV directly via the HDMI 2.1 ports, and then use the eARC port on the C9 to send audio back to the receiver via HDMI.

There's a bit of config on the TV to have it use eARC, but that should be it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Wow looks like the graphics on PS5 and the new Xbox can do even better than 4K 120fps. Not sure what TV supports 8k though.

Also cool they have console versions with UHD players. Maybe that will breathe new life into the UHD format. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis