i need some advice on my next sub!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You would be better off using 2 smaller subs instead of 1 large 15" sub. No matter how large the sub or where it is placed in the room , no matter how you equalize it or how much power it has, when the waves bounce of the back wall at some point you are going to have a dead zone. Using 2 subs will cover up the dead zone that each sub will produce.
In theory. But in practice they both still have to placed for good results.

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
In theory. But in practice they both still have to placed for good results.
Placement is important. My point was with one sub you will have a dead zone no matter where you place it. Not a theory or a hunch but a fact.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Placement is important. My point was with one sub you will have a dead zone no matter where you place it. Not a theory or a hunch but a fact.
That is in fact, a fact. But if you have freedom of placement(assuming this is true if you’re placing duals already) you can definitely get a nice smooth response. Might not be perfect, but you should be able to do very well if you can place it where it needs to go. And with multiples, it’s just the law of averages in that the more subs in the room, the better the odds are you can smooth out the FR. The back side is that it’s no guarantee, and in Fact you still have to place both subs in a dual configuration for best results, and without that, it can absolutely make the FR worse.

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
That is in fact, a fact. But if you have freedom of placement(assuming this is true if you’re placing duals already) you can definitely get a nice smooth response. Might not be perfect, but you should be able to do very well if you can place it where it needs to go. And with multiples, it’s just the law of averages in that the more subs in the room, the better the odds are you can smooth out the FR. The back side is that it’s no guarantee, and in Fact you still have to place both subs in a dual configuration for best results, and without that, it can absolutely make the FR worse.
I'm thinking about setting my couch on top of the sub to get a 4D effect.:D I recently visited 4SEATING.COM looking for HT seating and they have an option for "Soundshaker", looks like subs are built in the chair.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm thinking about setting my couch on top of the sub to get a 4D effect.:D I recently visited 4SEATING.COM looking for HT seating and they have an option for "Soundshaker", looks like subs are built in the chair.
Or just install your own tactile transducer in your seat.....I have one, does add to the experience, not sure if it's a whole new dimension, tho....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Brotha Blll linked me to this a while back, and I may yet try to pull it off... I'll just leave this right here for ya...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
One word. BOSS
As @Pogre already beat me to, this is theeee shitt!!!

The Hideaway Theater

I check 4seating. Never heard of it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis