For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
gosh no.. i spend hours a week keeping my fish.. been doing it since 2001... even had 6 tanks running at one time..down to 2 nowView attachment 41248
Nice! How big is that tank? I have a 40 gallon with 3 junior firemouths and 4 cherry barbs as well as a 3 gallon beta tank. I'm hoping to get a pair of the firemouths and return the other to the LFS. BTW that Black Belt is awesome!

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Just got home from doing my civic duty.I’m permanently disabled and have Pleurisy and pneumonia. The line for my district is always short thank goodness.

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Nice! How big is that tank? I have a 40 gallon with 3 junior firemouths and 4 cherry barbs as well as a 3 gallon beta tank. I'm hoping to get a pair of the firemouths and return the other to the LFS. BTW that Black Belt is awesome!
75,,, he's in with a blood parrot and 2 striped raphy's... That 40 should be great for a pair of firemouths... My other tank is a 5 foot 90 gallon with a sev , electric blue acara, baby chocolate and a red tail chalceus, syn and spotted Ralph.. it isn't as overstocked as it sounds.. I had a tank fail and had to combine 3 tanks into 2.. I hope the chocolate stays smaller, i May run into issues if she gets big...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice. I will just have to wait until I see if I have a pair of Firemouths, Right now they are only around 2 inches.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Firemouths are fun.. And they don't get real big , so that's a plus...I hope you get a pair... Even if not you may be able to keep all 3 ,but that's iffy , you may get 2 picking on 1... I never kept cherry barbs , but they should be ok with the fm's ,,,enjoy ,, it's a great hobby, I've had several fish live 8 to 10 years.. My blood parrot is probably close to 10 yo... I can't remember when i got her ...the shop i got her from has been closed up for 6 or 7 years though...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is really OT, but maybe we need an aquarium thread? I just got some new driftwood for our 75gal out of Lake Superior. Another great hobby. Or should I say rabbit hole... lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
This is really OT, but maybe we need an aquarium thread? I just got some new driftwood for our 75gal out of Lake Superior. Another great hobby. Or should I say rabbit hole... lol
Start one! I don't currently have a tank, but can post pics of the ones I had before we moved halfway across the country.

Last edited:
P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
This appeal goes out to the very few on this site who believe it’s a waste of time to cast your ballot in the upcoming presidential election and future elections.

It’s been my pleasure to discuss civilly the difficult issues that face our great country at this time on this site with almost everyone, without resorting to personal insults, propaganda, wacky conspiracy theories or a blind belief in one party on another.

The sad truth though is that only 42% to 48% of eligible citizens vote in any given year, which is scandalous. Below is a chart (Wikipedia) showing the percentages for presidential elections since our founding. It’s even worse for local and state elections.
View attachment 40266

The good news is that it’s been slowly going up and we need this trend to continue.

We’ve all been in conversations or arguments with family, friends, and sometimes strangers, at one time or another, where the sad state of affairs in this country is discussed ad nauseam and rightly so. And I’m more than happy to engage with you, on one condition.

Do you vote? If so, let’s gab and solve all the problems. :D If not … shut up!

Do your civic duty and vote!

If not for yourself, do it for your family and loved ones and for those that can’t.

You have a voice, use it.

Sincerely,
Mom :p
It's not because I dont believe my vote doesnt count, ofcourse it does, I have never voted since the 6th grade class president. The candidates all promised longer recesses outside, less homework, candy vending machines with the good stuff, snapple vending machines etc. What did we get? Nothing. I am proud to be an American, every day I give thanks to those who have fallen while under our flag. However, I do not believe when our founding fathers set out to create this country, that they had any idea that it would turn into the corrupt society it is now. How much $$$ gets tossed around willy nilly? When I heard what those gold pens cost for signing the impeachment, did you feel that was $ well spent? I wish there was a way that we could pay taxes differently, all locally, and only a small portion to federal for national military and like things. I live in one of the greatest yithole states in the US, and we get taxed everytime I take a piss outside. Our governor is the worst, and the entire state gets outvoted because of one major city liking all the free handouts the rest of us workers provide for. So my question is, is it possible to be a proud American while being anti Gov.? P.S., I also have a serious issue with buying foriegn products, and try to buy US whenever possible, and grocery shop at the small private grocery stores. Honestly cant remember the last time I was at Walmart. Sorry for the long rant.......just woke up and the coffee maker isn't even done yet......

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't currently have a tank, but can post pics of the ones I had before we moved halfway across the country.
This was really interesting until I figured out you meant fish.

So how's it looking out there? AH is like my only source of news. Score was 220 - 213 last I saw.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Start one! I don't currently have a tank, but can post pics of the ones I had before we moved halfway across the country.
there are ways to spend almost nothing on fish care once you are all set up.. but it's dependent on not going to the lfs and drooling over everything there.. the biggest thing is get *decent*(maybe not expensive) filtration and not falling into that rabbit hole...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
But voting based on emotions is a problem. Yes, the issues stir up all kinds of emotions, but finding solutions requires clear-headed thinking.

WRT DACA (which is different from children in cages), INS has been trying to reunite some of the kids with their families and the families have refused to come to the US to pick them up because they say it's too dangerous. If it's so dangerous, why isn't the WHOLE WORLD not trying to get Mexico and the Central American countries to treat their people better? I have never seen anything about making them change. I would also like to know why other countries are allowed to enforce their immigration laws.

This article should be compared with older ones about previous admins, to provide context.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405712-aclu-parents-refusing-family-reunions-because-its-dangerous
I wasn't thinking about voting based on emotion, I was thinking voting voting based on a sense of common decency!

I grouped DACA and children in cages under racism, not because I think they are the same.

I actually think Trump is a sociopath, but if you give him the benefit of the doubt, a normal person would not inflict these cruelties on people unless he considered them sub-human.
If there is genuinely a rule that needs to be changed, you change it for the future and phase it in rather than destroying people's life-plans and families retroactively - like I said, common decency!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You guys don't think people born from 1965-1996 know anything about the rest of the country/world?
I was generally thinking of people between 18 and mid-20's (missed the reference to gen x). Of course, there are many people in their mid-20's that know more than I do about politics/country/world, but I would generally consider that the ballpark age where the mainstream population begins to direct their attention more to external world affairs and (slightly) less to how to get laid tonight, etc.
But this is absolutely not a generational judgement as I am using my own experience of when I started paying attention to world affairs!

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
75,,, he's in with a blood parrot and 2 striped raphy's... That 40 should be great for a pair of firemouths... My other tank is a 5 foot 90 gallon with a sev , electric blue acara, baby chocolate and a red tail chalceus, syn and spotted Ralph.. it isn't as overstocked as it sounds.. I had a tank fail and had to combine 3 tanks into 2.. I hope the chocolate stays smaller, i May run into issues if she gets big...
You're talking about the Proud Parrot Boys lurking around :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was generally thinking of people between 18 and mid-20's (missed the reference to gen x). Of course, there are many of people in their mid-20's that know more than I do about politics/country/world, but I would generally consider that the ballpark age where the mainstream population begins to direct their attention more to external world affairs and (slightly) less to how to get laid tonight, etc.
But this is absolutely not a generational judgement as I am using my own experience of when I started paying attention to world affairs!
That's what I figured. I was confused for a second, but I do agree. That's the age where people start paying attention. I started in my early 20's but got pretty disillusioned with the state of things. Sadly that hasn't changed, BUT I did see TX get MUCH tighter this year when it comes to red vs blue so things are evening out pretty good. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Wife actually voted for the first time yesterday too. It was shockingly easy where we live. Didn't even have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis