Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES

PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE

PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING

PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE

PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL

PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

Free shipping is my favorite. That can be a large expense from something so heavy.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 10" subs for a smaller system. Preferably around $500 or less. Ported or sealed, makes no difference to me.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

Build quality as the animals in my house sometimes bump into them (dogs over 140 lbs). Price/performance as that's why I like to buy online. The ability to dig deep. My wife and I watch lots of movies and we want to feel like we have massage chairs during "those" scenes.

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
A customer service pledge with promises that guarantee the best customer service practices.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
A package that is similar to the current legato system but in a traditional sealed enclosure. This should cost under $1500.
I think they should also offer a higher powered system that would obviously cost more.

Question 3:
unfortunately price.
I want a $400 dollar sub that sounds tight and accurate.
My Sub is a Klipsch RW-12 that I bought on clearance for $300. My old Def-tech pro sub 100 sounds more accurate.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
Question 1:

The bills of rights is SVS's promise to its customers. I like them all and WISH it was an industry standard.

Question 2:

I would love to see a tapered horn sub. Either a 12 inch or 15 inch in the range of $800 to $1,000. I would expect the performance to out perform anything in its price point.

Question 3:

SPL, Its Range, Bottom extension, build quality / drive quality, and finally looks.

H

homwerk

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
It's some warranty and service mumbo jumbo I can regurgitate to my wife to distract her when she asks how much money I spent on subwoofers! My favorite is the 1-year Performance Guarantee. It doesn't get a whole lot more annoying in the electronics industry than buying a new toy only to have it be improved upon shortly afterwards.

Question 2:

Idea 1 (to make money): A more entry-level subwoofer at a price around $500. I think this would sell like hotcakes when paired with the SVS reputation and build quality.

Idea 2 (one I would definitely buy): A 15", 16" or 18" beast that can best the JTR Captivator or the Seaton SubMersive. Ideally it would go down into the mid-teens and cost somewhere south of $2600. The boss of my house likes the cylinder subs better, so that would be a plus.

Question 3:

Low extension, flat curve, good company reputation, and preferably one that has been pro-reviewed by Josh Ricci or equivalent.

M

mlknez

Enthusiast
Question 1:
SVS' guarantee to its customers consisting of 11 promises. My favorite is 8.

Question 2:
A multi-ported 15" sub with the ability to open and close ports at will with a built-in room correction facility that can be used on multiple subs. Cost $800-$1000

Question 3:
Excellent musicality with quick response and the ability to go deep in a home theater environment

N

notyac

Audiophyte
SVS Enter To Win

Question 1:

#4 - Free shipping

Question 2:

A small sealed, 8" or smaller sub with max output and extension. A sub that can be easily hidden in any room (1 or 2 of them) yet be as impressive as your other sealed subs.

Question 3:

Beefy driver, large magnet, hefty, re-inforced enclosure, high current amp.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
1. the rights are; 1- 45 day return window, 2- 60 day price difference refund for price changes, 3- 90 defect exchange window, 4- free shipping, 5- replacement for 3 defects in one year, 6- trade in for higher model for first year of ownership of like new sub, 7- one year of free performance upgrades within same model, 8- 5 year warranty, 9- best product within its price point, 10- pre-purchase advice, 11- post-purchase support guarantee.

The 5 year warranty is the most valuable from that list, to me at least.

2. I think SVS should have something entry level, like an inexpensive ported 12" or 10". Something around the $300 to $400 area. A light, high-sensitivity driver with a somewhat smaller and lighter cabinet with a modest amp should still be capable of big output from the 30 hz region on up. I think there's a wide open market for a sub like that. I don't think the BIC Acoustech PL200 or Lava 12" quite nailed that, I know a sub in that class should be able to get louder than what they have been shown to.

3. What makes a sub great is how well it works in its intended application. Sub performance shouldn't be judged by a single standard given all the different situations subs are needed in. But one thing that is important across all applications is reliability. That sub better work when it is supposed to. Reliability is paramount. Great performance doesn't mean much if you are unsure whether your sub will perform or not.

C

crosshairs

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights is SVS's promise to do business the old fashion way, great products with an honest commitment customer satisfaction. Number 7 is pretty darn good, a 1 year performance protection!

Question 2:

More Amplifiers and/or receivers to match and complement the speaker series.
Cost/performance to beat the industry. Outstanding feature set for under $500.00?

Question 3:
response. Value. Performance. Not a "glamour" item, but indespensible.

N

npsquire1

Enthusiast
Sub Contest! :)

Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite? They're listed on the site, but my favorite is the 1 year "no lemon" guarantee. I've gotten a lemon or two in my shopping experiences with electronics.

Question 2:
A flatter, compact subwoofer designed to fit under a sofa in order to provide that "rumble" feel. It would be priced according to cone and amplifier size, probably ranging between 800 for a 10", and 1500 for an 18" cone. The only problem to work out would be the driver for the speaker.

Question 3:
Depth of bass, and of course, volume! Aesthetics are secondary to those :p

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Question 1:
PROMISE #1...
PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...
PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...
PROMISE #8...
PROMISE #9...
PROMISE #10...
PROMISE #11...

Fav: #4 - all that weight would be expensive to ship!

Question 2:
A true budget sub under $400 to compete with all those lousy big box subs.

Question 3:
Depth, tightness, compactness, price - not asking too much, is it?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Question 1:
What is it? A list of promises SVS makes to customers. #8 is my favorite, with #11 pretty close.

Question 2:
Active versions of the speakers.

Question 3:
Reasonably flat response up to 200hz or so. Dry, 'fast', tight, dynamic. Not too concerned with extension (retro, music only guy). If I win, I'll choose the SB12.

S

strugs

Audiophyte
Question 1:

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

Question 2:

I wish they would bring back the Rosenut finish. I have a PB13 in Rosenut and would LOVE to some day add another, but I have second thoughts about buying another one in a different finish...

Question 3:

Performance and looks.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
Question 1:
list of promises from the company on it's support of their customers. #6 - trade-up policy is my favorite.

Question 2:
really would just like the subs w/ wood veneer like cherry to be wrapped all the way around the top, not just the sides, same price as the current subs - price point seems pretty competitive. otherwise, i'd say to just keep making great quality subs at a fair price.

Question 3:
excellent extension (20Hz is fine, not too many things down to 10Hz) w/ quality, low distortion bass in a compact and attractive finish (read not matte black).

M

miggs29

Audioholic
1. 5 year warranty.
2. Auto calibration for about $600.
3. Deep tight base, low extension without that Bose sound!

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
#6 - trade-up policy is my favorite hands down

Question 2:
- The biggest baddest heaviest sub possible for around $600. Finish doesn't mean a lot to me. I would sacrifice looks for performance any day.

Question 3:
- Plenty of extension and slam. It has to replicate the Imax experience in my home.

J

joelachter

Audiophyte
Question 1:

-5 year warranty and trade up.

Question 2:

2 channel power amp at ~ $400

Question 3:

Performance, cost.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Question 1:

PROMISE #1...
You may return any item purchased from SVS for any reason within
45 days of your purchase and receive your money back with no questions
asked. We ask that the product be in new condition with box and packing.
We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return.

PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
If SVS reduces the price on any of our products, we will refund the price
difference to you if it goes below your purchase price within 60 days of
your purchase.

PROMISE #3...
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes defective
within 90 days of purchase. If a replacement is not available,
we will offer full credit toward the purchase of a like product.

PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
Any product purchased from SVS in the continental US
will be shipped to you free of charge.

PROMISE #5...
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes
defective 3 times within the first year of ownership. If a replacement
is not available, SVS will offer full credit toward the purchase of
a like product.

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
You may trade in any product purchased from SVS within 1 year of your
purchase, and receive full credit toward the purchase of a more expensive
like product. We ask that the product be in like new condition with original box and
packing. We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with
the return and new purchase.

PROMISE #7...
If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it
to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase.

PROMISE #8...
SVS offers the industry's most comprehensive warranty on all our products.
SVS warrants of all its products to be free from defects in workmanship for
5 years from date of purchase.

PROMISE #9...
You are assured of unsurpassed quality, value and performance at SVS,
regardless of your price range. We have carefully designed our products
to outperform every product in their price range. We are proud that many
of our products outperform competing products two and three times
the price.

PROMISE #10...
We offer live phone support weekdays from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern time toll-free at
(877) 626-5623. Or just email us at custservice@svsound.com and we'll answer within
minutes. Our Merlin speaker matching tool selects the perfect subwoofer for your
speakers, and gives you the exact subwoofer settings for easy setup.

PROMISE #11...
SVS wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are
not satisfied in every way, please contact our corporate offices toll free at
(877)-626-5623 or email our Company President, Gary Yacoubian, at
gyacoubian@svsound.com for a prompt, courteous resolution of your concerns.
Our goal is 100% of our customers, 100% satisfied, 100% of the time.

I like #11

Question 2:

I'd like to see a satellite/small lifestyle style speakers and sub to match. Some thing you could put in a small room (bedroom)

Question 3:

Flat response & low distortion for a reasonable price.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cupertinokid

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The 60 day price guarantee is pretty nice.

Question 2:

A small passive radiator sub - in the $500 to $700 range.

Question 3:
accuracy/transient response

B

brouham

Audiophyte
Question 1:
It is eleven promises for customer satisfaction. My favorite is 1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE.

Question 2:
I would like to see a single subwoofer with outboard amp. The price should be under $1000.

Musicality and accuracy.

Last edited:
T

turbo16v

Enthusiast
Question 1:
A collection of great guarantee's that make for a great company business model. #1 45 total satisfaction is my fav.

Question 2:
A 15"+ sealed high power dsp sub with wood veneer's.

Question 3:
Great sound, great looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis