Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Ubermod

Audiophyte
SV Sub Contest

1) Bill of Rights is the Company ethos and promise to customers. Its hard to pick a favorite, the customer care is fantastic. I'd go with the 1 year Trade-Up. That's really cool.

2) What I'd like to see in the future: An update to the AS-EQ1 being built in to the subs. Perhaps sold as an extra w/mic and a USB firmware to unlock the capabilities. I'd like to see it built in an expandable matter so that if I add a second or third sub and can automatically provide the best balance and no longer need to rely on the processor eq to properly integrate one or multiple subs into a room. Price for the mic and upgrade, under $2000 and I'd buy.
That or different finishes for cylinder subs. or a smaller cylinder about the height of an end table.

3)What do I look for in a sub? an SVS logo.

A

anthonywoy

Enthusiast
Question 1
One year trade-up policy is forward thinking. I have not seen it before.

Question 2
I think SVS should be looking at high quality subs in the 400-500 price range.
I believe you are loosing a lot of potential customers by having your cheapest sub start at $649.

Question 3
Quality is what is most important to me. It has to be tight and accurate.

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
It is a pledge by SVS to customers in which they strive to provide an exceptional experience. My favorite is Promise #7

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
I would like to see you bring an S-series tower speaker back to the line up. Affordable, of course, but still able to blow the competition away.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Small size, big bang, affordable (under $500)

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
1)
ROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
SVS offers the industry's most comprehensive warranty on all our products.
SVS warrants of all its products to be free from defects in workmanship for
5 years from date of purchase.

Because I am on year 4 of mine SVS sub.

2)
Something similar to the SMS-1

3)
That it sounds good and will integrate with my current setup.

R

rdr2go

Audiophyte
pick me

1. 5 yr warranty
2. mini cylinder sub
3. impact, sound definition, dynamics

Pick me, I neeeeed a subwoofer-mine broke :(

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I already own the new PB12-NSD and would love to add a second one to smooth out the bass.

Question 1:

It's SVS's clever way of explaining their inclusive warranty and trade-up program. My favorite is the 5-year warranty: not that I have any doubts, but we need to keep those subs running.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

PB Plus for $1000. Single tuned, vinyl finish, reduced inputs...whatever it takes to get Plus performance at $1k.

Question 3:

Value (Performance v. price) 1st, but aesthetics and size play a significant factor. I don't need fancy finishes, but it has to fit in the room and blend with decor.

T

triskit

Audiophyte
Contest!

Question 1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
It is the SVS pledge to the customer and I like #4 the best. Free shipping!

Question 2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
Power amplification for the speakers. Around $200 per channel.

Question 3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Seamless integration with the sound. Felt, but not isolated from the remaining soundtrack. This is hard to achieve when you add a powerful sub to a satellite speaker system.

A

aetengo

Audiophyte
Contest

Question 1:
The Bill of Rights are what all manufacturers should be providing if they believe in their products. I like the 45 day satisfaction guarantee but if they said they would pay return shipping then that would be a true satisfaction guarantee

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Something a bit more budget friendly in the $300 to $400 range

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?Decent bass at a decent price and size enclosure

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jayromy

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The Bill of Rights is an excellent idea and hopefully a trendsetter for the industry. My favorite is between the trade-up policy and the free shipping.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS?
A bit more budget-friendly, ported, down-firing sub (non-cylinder)

Question 3:
Build quality and performance.

J

Jackte50

Audiophyte
SVS contest

Question 1:

Favorite is #8

1) 45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.

2) 60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES

3) 90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE

4) FREE SHIPPING

5) 1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE

6) 1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

7) 1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE

8) 5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

9)THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

10) INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL

11) TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

Question 2:
A sealed sub 15 or 16" around $1000

Question 3:

Quality, durability, and performance

baniels

baniels

Audioholic
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights is your pledge to me, the customer. My favorite would be Promise #4: Free Shipping.

Question 2:
I would like to see an high excursion, dual opposed 18" sealed sub, <6 cubes, with a PC-configurable, REW-integratable, DSP plate amp, detachable hoverboard, time travelling capability, with an included wife-manipulation handbook, and an IP-controlled brown-note mode. Pull this off and I'll pay whatever you ask.

Question 3:
Weight, power, extension, and control.

J

Jason626

Enthusiast
Question 1:

SVS Bill of Rights means to me, A promise of guidlines a company adheres to to offer customers assurance of dealings with them.
I like #1 and #8. Those two promises are exactly what a internet direct company must have to help ease customers purchase decisions.

Question 2:

Maybe have a variable tuning sub that can go from ported to sealed from its design conception. Also more budget subwoofer under $500 range. A reasonable computer package 2.1 would be cool as well.

Question 3:

I always want to feel like I get atleast what I payed for if not better. So price/performance. Then aesthetics and its build quality.

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
1. The 5 year warranty is most important to me

2. I would like to see a no holds barred 7.1 speaker system that is excellent on both music and movies cost around 5,000.00

3. Performance, and esthetics. If you want to have the best it should have looks to match.

R

rbeckwith

Audiophyte
1 FREE SHIPPING. These beasts are heavy.

2 Attractive cabinet at less than $500 so my wife will let me buy one.

3 Movie performance.

H

hidefdr

Audiophyte
#1 proof of great cutomer service. I like the first one, I like manufacturers that put their money where their mouth is !
#2 a smaller room sub or high end sub/sat bookshelf computer setup.
quality construction (nobuzzes or rattles) , low extension, accuracy

T

trolly

Enthusiast
Question 1. What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is my favorite?

These are SVS's promises to their customers that guarantees the best experience a person can have in dealing with a company for the purchase and ownership of one of their products. They are:

1) 45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.

2) 60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES

3) 90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE

4) FREE SHIPPING

5) 1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE

6) 1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

7) 1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE

8) 5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

9)THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

10) INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL

11) TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

My favorite of these is hard to pick but I was instantly excited when I read about the 1 year trade up policy.

Question 2. What is the next product I would like to see from SVS?

I would love to see either a PB15-Plus or PB15 Ultra with the same cone material as either the current Plus or Ultra, powered by a suitable version of the DSP Sledge amplifiers in a cabinet that's not much larger than the current PB13 Ultra.

Question 3. What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

I love fantastic build quality and use of high quality components. I think it's difficult not to have a great performing product when you begin with a solid foundation/design and then add high quality components.

Thanks,

John Trollinger

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Question 1:

PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
You may return any item purchased from SVS for any reason within
45 days of your purchase and receive your money back with no questions
asked. We ask that the product be in new condition with box and packing.
We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return.

PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
If SVS reduces the price on any of our products, we will refund the price
difference to you if it goes below your purchase price within 60 days of
your purchase.

PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes defective
within 90 days of purchase. If a replacement is not available,
we will offer full credit toward the purchase of a like product.

PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
Any product purchased from SVS in the continental US
will be shipped to you free of charge.

PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes
defective 3 times within the first year of ownership. If a replacement
is not available, SVS will offer full credit toward the purchase of
a like product.

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
You may trade in any product purchased from SVS within 1 year of your
purchase, and receive full credit toward the purchase of a more expensive
like product. We ask that the product be in like new condition with original box and packing. We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return and new purchase.

PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase.

PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
SVS offers the industry's most comprehensive warranty on all our products.
SVS warrants of all its products to be free from defects in workmanship for
5 years from date of purchase.

PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
You are assured of unsurpassed quality, value and performance at SVS,
regardless of your price range. We have carefully designed our products
to outperform every product in their price range. We are proud that many
of our products outperform competing products two and three times
the price.

PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
We offer live phone support weekdays from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern time toll-free at (877) 626-5623. Or just email us at custservice@svsound.com and we'll answer within minutes. Our Merlin speaker matching tool selects the perfect subwoofer for your speakers, and gives you the exact subwoofer settings for easy setup.

PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT
SVS wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are
not satisfied in every way, please contact our corporate offices toll free at
(877)-626-5623 or email our Company President, Gary Yacoubian, at
gyacoubian@svsound.com. Our goal is 100% of our customers, 100% satisfied, 100% of the time.

Honestly, I like Promise#11. Any Company who puts their Presidents email out on the web for customers to contact has a big plus in their book.

Question 2:

For poor suckers like me, I would like a subwoofer that is designed to be as in-obtrusive as possible with the lowest cost. Design a sub that I can shove under the couch and it can be unfinished MSF for all I care. Just give me the best sound you can in a small package at a reasonable price.

Question 3:

Performance/Price. It all comes down to the cost, unfortunitly. I look at SVS very carefully because they are known to have excellent subs at good prices. Same reason HSU Research is popular in my book.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Question 1:
The SVS bill of rights is something that more companies should be able to hold themselves to. I like them all, but I'd have to say my favorite is probably the within 1yr upgrade!

Question 2:
The return of the B4 :D

Question 3:
Good output levels while maintaining clean, smooth sound. Should be able to give that good oomph for movies, yet be able to handle complex music.

T

TheLaw612

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

Guarantees to the customer that show incredible service from SVS. My favorites are free shipping and the 1-Year Trade Up Policy.

Question 2:

Maybe a more budget friendly 12" down-firing ported sub in the ~$500 range.

Question 3:

Build quality, size and performance for the right price.

whitey019

whitey019

Enthusiast
Question 1:
SVS' guarantee to its customers consisting of 11 promises. My favorite is #6.

Question 2:
A sealed 12-13" sub, full wood veneer finish, tapered cabinet front to back (something other than square), 400-600W amp, a cloth grille option, auto equalization/room correction.

Question 3:
Goood performance and sound quality along with pleasing aesthics. Everything I need and nothing I don't. I think some of these 1000-1500W subs amplifiers are overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis