Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
SV Sound is giving away either a PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD (winner's choice) Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant!

You've heard about them, you've read about them, you've probably drooled over them. Now it's time to take a stab at getting one for free! All you need do is answer a few questions in this contest thread and cross your fingers that your answer is the one randomly selected to win one of these great subs! Here's what you could be taking home:

PB12-NSD – Raising the Bar and Shattering Expectations
The NSD line is our most affordable family of subwoofers. But after experiencing the PB12-NSD, no one would dare call it ‘entry level’. Every component reflects SVS performance pedigree, and the PB12-NSD obliterates over-priced and under-performing brick & mortar subwoofers, even at twice the price. Prepare to be pleasantly shocked at what the PB12-NSD will bring to your music and home theater system – bass so accurate, detailed, dynamic, and deep that after one listen your old ‘subwoofer’ will be kicked to the curb.

Famous SVS pedigree and performance at a shockingly low price. Upgrade to the PB12-NSD and leave your old retail sub in the dust. Revel in bass so superbly rendered, that music and movies will never be the same – you’ll be rushing to listen to your entire collection again for the ‘first time’. Truly affordable world-class bass – only from SVS.

• New smaller and more manageable cabinet with even better performance.
  • Wide-flared 4” port for maximum air-flow with no artifacts.
  • 20 Hz tuning for optimal extension and output on all source material.
  • Curved metal grille for a stylish and high-tech appearance.
  • Exclusive SVS aluminum cone and composite dust cap for excellent transient response and resonance control.
  • 400 watts of efficient, cool-running Class D power with ‘green’ standby mode.
  • Stereo line-level RCA I/O connections.
  • Separate high-passed and unfiltered line level outputs.
  • Continuously variable low pass filter.
  • DSP control for refined behavior under all operating conditions.
  • MSRP: $769
Or:

SB12-NSD – The Gold Standard In Compact Sealed Subwoofers
Don't let the diminutive size of the SB12-NSD fool you – this fully pedigreed SVS cranks out so much tight and clean bass, you might actually start looking around the room to find the larger hidden subwoofer. Our secret? Top-shelf components, the most sophisticated DSP software and chipsets in the industry, and a relentless obsession to extract more bass performance from this size package than any other brand.

Barely cracking 14" on all sides and weighing a mere 35 pounds, this smallest SVS is easily portable and will fit almost anywhere in your listening room. But you won't want to hide a subwoofer this attractive; the SB12-NSD has the classy looks to match its remarkable performance.

• 14" cube and only 35 pounds - easy to move and locate anywhere.
  • High quality charcoal black vinyl finish, or high-grade piano gloss black for a slight cost premium.
  • Stylish curved metal grille.
  • 400 watts of efficient, cool-running Class D power with 'green' standby mode.
  • Stereo line-level RCA I/O connections.
  • Separate high-passed and unfiltered line level outputs.
  • Continuously variable low pass filter.
  • DSP control for optimized performance and refined behavior.
  • MSRP: $649

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have USA Residence
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick a winner randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics), the SVS facebook page (facebook.com/SVSound) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

For updates on this contest and all the latest info on SVS, follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/SVSound

Note this contest ends on February 29th, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rubicon_Joey

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
Promises 1-11 found on the SVS home page. My favorite is all of them, these things should be industry standard. However, they are not and it makes SVS stand out from the rest.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
I would like to see a 12" sub-woofer in the $300-$400 range that outperforms anything else for the same money.

Question 3:
I look for the best bang for my buck. I have a limited budget and want the best I can get for my hard earned money. I look for sound quality, SPL, solid cabinets, and of course it doesn't hurt if it looks good.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Question 1:
I hope you aren't wanting us to copy and paste them, cuz that would be dumb :D Anyway, they are basically a set of customer service promises. My favorite is probably the 5-year warranty.

Question 2:
A high power sealed subwoofer like the funkywaves fw18.0...only cheaper :)

Question 3:
Capability/performance, cost, and size. I'm not worried about the looks. I want the most capable unit for my money. Size isn't really an issue provided it's not too terribly large.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Question 1:

An excellent set of customer service commitments. 5 year warranty.

Question 2:

Add some models with built-in room EQ for an additional couple hundred.

Question 3:

SQ, solid build, powerful amp, reasonable cost

XEagleDriver

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Svs

1) I like the fact that the customer service is the best and the extended warranty and free shipping is a bonus

2) smaller subwoofers with a reasonable price

3) I want the best bang for my buck!! superior quality with a great price

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i can't join this (please do not include this post in the raffle),
but i want to put my 2cents in ...

Question 2:

a) sealed 10" - cheaper than the sb12 of course
b) ported 10" - 400usd
c) ported 10" - 300usd
d) sealed 18" - 2-3k
e) ported 16" (or other woofers) - 3-4k
f) sealed dual 13" 4k
g) integrated amp - 400usd or less
h) power amp (for speakers) 2 or 3 channel - 200w per channel at 8 ohms - 600usd

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Question 1:

Specific warranty and policy points that are rather generous. I like #4. Free Shipping.

Question 2:

Dual opposed 10" sub with a passive radiator and parametric EQ in the $1,000 range but free for me for thinking of it. :)

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?[/COLOR]

Small form factor that sacrifices frequency response below 25 Hz and SPL above 110 db for favorable transient response and auto set up of a parametric EQ that could adjust it's X-over slope to blend with the mains (if that's even possible).

You see I am lazy and I live in a condo so I don't want to do a lot of work and I don't want to bother my neighbors too much. I just noticed you guys said 'great subwoofer', not dream subwoofer. :rolleyes:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Question 1 - A guarantee that a SVS customer will be happy with their purchase and that outlines what promises the company makes to their consumer.

Question 2 - I would love to see SVS bring back dual driver subs, or something that has more output that the current PB13 Ultra. Should cost less than $3,000

Question 3 - High performance, low cost, accurate sound quality, and the ability to hit the lows with authority.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of Rights is SVS's promise to the customer that there are 11 rights that SVS stands behind to ensure a great customer experience well after the sale. Number 8 is by far the best, a 5 year unquestionable warranty.

Question 2:

I'd love to see a smaller, more computer/small 2.1 setup type sub in the $400-$500 range. I picture something like the AV123 x-sub (which I have and love) that's small form factor packs a great punch but still has high WAF and could easily fit under a decent sized computer desk. With SVS's smallest offering currently available (SB12-NSD) being 14x14, I think the market would be there for something the size of the x-sub, 13x8ish.

Question 3:

Extension and response. How low can you go? And how responsive is the woofer? The sub needs to be dynamic enough to respond to a variety of HT applications and music. But the company is just as important. No point in paying a premium for a wonderful sub if the company doesn't stand behind their product.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

-Promises from SVS and my favorite is the 5 year warranty

Question 2:

2 channel power amp at ~ $500

Question 3:

Performance and cost.

bread29

bread29

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of Rights is a set of company promises to increase value in the eyes of the customer, and ensure that SVS operates at a higher standard than competitors. My favorite is the 1-Year Performance Guarantee. As a customer, I would be upset if an upgrade was made to a product I recently bought.

Question 2:

Although I'm currently satisfied with all products offered, I would like to see a 15 inch model. I prefer a ported sub, but the size and weight of the enclosure may be too great. Therefore, a sealed model may be the way to go in the $1300-$1500 range.

Question 3:

I look for solid build, aesthetics, sufficient power, and a well-designed sub that can handle ultra low frequency signals from my favorite blurays without bottoming out.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Question 1:

Something every company should have. My fav is 5 year warranty.

Question 2:

I'd like to see 400W 10" ported sub in $400 price ballpark

Question 3:

Great performance while still have good value.

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
Sub

1.-5 year warranty
2.-textured subs again
3.-power, sound and build quality

T

tron1974

Audiophyte
Question 1:
I like them all. Hard to pick a favorite.

PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.

PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES

PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE

PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING

PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE

promise7 PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL

PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

Question 2:
A sealed sub like the SB13 that goes a little lower. Maybe around $1500.

Question 3:
Durability, quality and performance. I just replaced a 12 year old Energy sub that still works awesome with a couple SB13's.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of Rights are a pledge to SVSound customers guaranteeing that they will have "the best experience thanks to the finest audio products in the world and world class customer service and support." My favorite is the 5-year unconditional warranty.

Question 2:

I would love to see a sealed 15 or 18 inch subwoofer that drops the jaws of avid DIYers and puts a little drool in the corner of their mouths. Avid DIY's don't respect commercial subwoofer companies of SVS' caliber enough in my opinion, so it would be great to open their eyes. Ouput in line with the LMS-R 15 and LMS Ultra 5400 18 would be superb! Price range: $1500-$2000 for the 15" and $2500 for the $18" seems reasonable to me.

Question 3:

Superior build quality (including the best drivers and amplifiers possible within the respective price range), stellar performance, linearity across the operating frequencies, low distortion, good looking aesthetics, a reasonable asking price and all backed by stellar customer service from the company providing said product(s).

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

It's a list of 11 promises to perspective buyers that exemplify their commitment to great customer service. I like #5-8 and #11.

Question 2:

A smaller, ported subwoofer using a driver like the JL 8w7. <$630

Question 3:

Uncolored output, sturdy construction (function over fashion), low extension (to 20Hz or lower), as small as possible while still meeting the aforementioned criteria.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Question 1:
45-day total satisfaction guarantee
60-day guaranteed prices
90-day defective exchange guarantee
Free shipping
1-year "no lemon" guarantee
1-year trade-up policy
1-year performance guarantee
5-year unconditional warranty
The finest quality in every price range
Informative pre-purchase advice & counsel
Total after purchase support

Free shipping is my favorite

Question 2:
An $1100 15" vented sub that competes with Rythmik's FV15.

Question 3:
Good tight accurate bass and a flat frequency response to 20hz or below.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
#1- SVS Customer Bill of Rights is the blue print for retail sales that all companies should strive to follow. Favorite? Hard to decide but I would have to go with the 45 day trial, or maybe the 1 year full price trade up, or.... Dang! They're all too good to just choose one.

#2- Next product from SVS. Probably a smaller ported sub maybe a 10" with a big amp, built in EQ and remote.

#3. What do I look for in a great sub? Over all performance. It has to be sound good, be well controlled, responsive and tuneful. I would gladly give up low end extension for quality.

Gene

I

Israel_PB12

Audiophyte
Question 1:
It is committed to providing the best customer support in all possible aspects.

To the one I liked was the promise No. 9:
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

Question 2:
I would like to see a SB12-NSD / 2

Two drivers, 12 "working with a single DSP amplifier as the current series and NSD 800w.

Something similar to what I think Epik sealed their series of 12 "and 15".

I'm sure SVS can offer 20 hz to 105 dB with double sealed 12 "and the punch that provides a sealed subwoofer.

The price would be great between 900 and 1050 dollars.

Question 3:
Low distortion, maximum extension, low punch and high SPL.

This following the philosophy that carry SVS known throughout his career. Fantastico SVS team and thanks for making first class products and an incredible price.

PS: Excuse my English, I am Spanish and I had to use the translator, I hope you are correct responses and can understand clearly.

A greeting. : D

Israel

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

A list of promises & standards. I really like the idea of being able to upgrade within 1 year. I think a lot of people just starting out (or starting out with a limited budget) (myself included) will find that attractive.

Question 2:

Car speakers? I'm really surprised there isn't more competition in this market. I probably listen to the majority of my music in the car, but its really difficult to get really good speakers & sound...

Question 3:

Well, the sound & tightness of the bass should be most important. A mitigating factor for me is also the Wife Approval Factor. Theres no good way to hide a sub (and why would you want to?) so, my wife has to like the look of it, too. It can't just be a dull black box that makes me grin every time I hear a really good bass line or an explosion on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis