Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
SVS' 11 customer service promises. My favorite is the 5-year warranty, since let's face it - electronics do fail. It's nice to know I'm covered for a reasonable period of time.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
I'd like to see the SB10-NSD come to fruition. Ideally, it'd cost at most $399, as originally projected. Lower cost is always appreciated though.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Affordable price, manageable size, and most importantly a well behaved ground plane response. Extension into the mid-high 20's would be nice, but that might be a little unrealistic, given the size/price restraints I have... but at least extension down to 30Hz.

jnmfox

jnmfox

Audioholic
Question 1:
A list of customer service promises. #4- Free shipping.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
An updated SMS system, designed and created by SVS, that would allow easy and accurate subwoofer calibration.

Question 3:
Price to performance ratio.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
11 promises that SVS makes to customers that they have a solid product
The best is the 1year trade up

Question 2:
A subwoofer tuning system, that uses a mic to adjust the freq response of the sub to match the room, around $300

Question 3:
low bass extension (20-25hz at -3db), high output, reasonable size and cost

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:
1. A specific list of customer support pledges. My sentimental favorite is the "free shipping", simply because it strikes me as very irritating for other internet-direct companies to "pretend" their price is lower than reality by advertising a cost without shipping included...but #8, the 5 year warranty is an unusually solid and lengthy warranty, and my pick for favorite.

2. Either a quality budget vented sub; or wireless set up options.

3. High SQ including graceful performance under challenging conditions (e.g., limiting output instead of distortion and/or blowing up); no "peaky" frequency response

raquzz

Audiophyte
Question 1:
PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
+
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING

This makes shopping easy for people, for example if the sub is too powerful/-less you can easily return product and order different one.

Question 2:
Powered box woofer, downfiring with piano gloss black finish.

Question 3:

Low bass extension to get ultimate sound and feel from movies.

C

Chacranajxy

Audioholic Intern
1) The SVS bill of rights refers to the promises SVS keeps in their business. For me, the most important is the one about offering the best quality in each price range. Free shipping and warranties are fine and good, but at the end of the day, what I care about is that I'm getting the absolute best piece of equipment I can when I spend the money.

2) Honestly, I'd like to see something geared towards use in smaller-scale setups... like computers. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find good computer speakers? You more or less can't, unless you step up to studio monitors... and then you're getting into expensive stuff. So, a lower priced sub (perhaps with speakers) solution for computers that's in the $300-400 range.

3) Bass has to be tight. I don't care if it gets down to 4hz if it's boomy and sounds like garbage.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
11 commitments to providing top-notch customer service. My favorite would be the 5-yr warranty.

How about a sound level meter that comes pre-corrected for bass frequencies? I hate measuring test tones with my Radio Shack meter and then having to use correction tables. Make it cost less than $40.

- Quality construction -- built like a tank so that it conveys strength and durability.
- Outstanding finish -- a box this size in my living room better look nice!
- Tight, controlled, strong bass.

B

bradandbree

Enthusiast
Contest Entry

1) SVS Bill of Rights:
Guarantees and policies for total customer satisfaction. Favorite is the 5-year unconditional warranty.

2) Next product:
Wireless setup.

3) What do you look for?:
Tight, accurate response.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

It's the list of customer service promises that SVS holds to their name. I like the 5 year warranty the most. Not many companies will offer this length of a warranty on subwoofers, it's nice to see one that does.

Question 2:

A sub in the 15" range would be nice. The 13.5" already kicks butt, but a 15" would rock socks, and much more, off if you know what I mean ;).

Edit: Forgot the price. Given the range of the PB-13 Ultra, this one would cost in the $2500-$3000 range likely.

Question 3:

Something on the relatively "cheaper" end that will still sound good (not boomy) when you turn it up.

Last edited:
D

Dave23

Enthusiast
1) SVS Bill of Rights:
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

2) Next product:
I honestly can't think of anything.

3) What do you look for?:
Awesome performance

S

scott911

Full Audioholic

-free shipping is useful for such heavy items as these

Question 2:

- sealed, powerful subs focusing on musicality. cost should be heavily discounted for purchase of a pair.

Question 3:

Performance and cost.

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast
Question 1:
Guarantees and policies for total customer satisfaction. Favorite is the 5-year unconditional warranty

Question 2:

I like the idea of a 15" mega daddy :)

Question 3:
high SPL that is clean in SQ

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
Their commitment to customer service.
I really like the one year no lemon policy. Too many companies choose not to stand behind their products.

Question 2:
A 18" sub that rattles the whole house. The cost would probably be $2,500.

Question 3:
Ability to go to the lower levels. 40hz and lower.
Amp Quality
astecics

B

bdub15

Audiophyte
Question 1:

A basic set of customer service pledges. The 5 year warranty is my favorite.

Question 2:

I'd love to see a an SVS quality subwoofer that is in the $300 or so price range, specifically for smaller rooms.

Question 3:

I look for sound quality - clean, clear bass - packaged in a nice size - can't be too big to overpower the aesthetic of the room it's in.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aeneas3

Enthusiast
Question 1:

bill of rights are the rights svs gives you before and after purchase. PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
SVS offers the industry's most comprehensive warranty on all our products.
SVS warrants of all its products to be free from defects in workmanship for
5 years from date of purchase.

that is my favorite!

Question 2:

new entry level compact and tower subs around $300
Question 3:

high quality at good prices

M

Michael83

Audiophyte
Contest

Question 1:

They are 11 promises designed to increase customer value, and my favorite is the 45 day Total Satisfaction Guarantee.

Question 2:

I would like to see something that competes with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 on price and performance; and by compete I mean blow away.

Question 3:

I look for something that hits hard and deep but very clean. I don't just want something that rumbles, but something that rumbles in all the right ways.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
PROMISE #1...45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
PROMISE #2...60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #4...FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
PROMISE #6...1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #8...5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
PROMISE #9...THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
PROMISE #10...INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
PROMISE #11...TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

My favorite would be the 1-year trade up policy as there always seems to be a higher performing option becoming available.

2) Sealed sub with opposing 13.5" subs with auto eq, cost would be in the 2K range

3) I look for a sub 20hz capability, phase and crossover adjustments, possibly automatic eq

H

HDSapper

Audiophyte
Pick me!

Question 1:

Eleven promises made by the company to make buying from them worry-free. The whole here really is greater than the sum of its parts, but I'll go with #1: 45 day in-home trial rather than the usual 30 day.

Question 2:

I'd like to see a PC-15 Ultra! :eek: Go big or go home! Preferably $1999 or less.

Question 3:

Power, and the ability to integrate well with the other speakers.

N

nickboros

Audioholic
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights are found at this link. My favorite (though hard to choose a favorite) is the five year warranty. This means that they are designing a product that they stand behind and have some faith in.

Question 2:
SVS already has budget, midlevel and flagship subwoofers that are both ported and vented. How about having ones with a passive radiator or two at the budget, midlevel and/or flagship level. I've heard (but don't understand the theory behind it all that well) that subs with passive radiators can have the strengths both the sealed and vented designs with the only drawback being the added expense of using a driver for the passive radiator. They are supposedly described as tight, like a sealed sub, but with the impact, extension and output of a vented sub. It would be nice if the price was not too much of a premium over the line of vented subs that SVS has (within $300 for budget, $400 for midlevel, and $500 for flagship).

Question 3:
Many subwoofers by other manufacturers are not actually subwoofers and should be referred to as a "subwoofer" or a bass-module. A subwoofer is a speaker that has a frequency response (+/- 3 dB) from 20Hz to 80Hz, at reference level. So SVS is one of the few companies that actually make subwoofers. By this definition, most if not all of their subwoofers actually deserve that name. My idea of a great subwoofer is to have extension flat down to 20Hz or below, enough headroom to do this the size of room that I have, good impact that you can feel during action movies and yet remain still remain agile enough handle music well. All of that and of course having a good value, like SVS is known for.

B

bootman

Audioholic Intern
1) 5 year warranty.

2) Stereo pair of matching 10" mid bass woofers (80-40hz) that could also serve as a stand for monitors. Price $1K.

3) true extension down to 20hz. anything else is just a woofer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis