Enter to Win: STF-2 Sub from Hsu!

Which three below would you like to see in our product line offering and services?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raf1005

Enthusiast
Definitely new wood veneers: preferrably maple and piano black.
Bookshelves would be nice: always great to have high quality sound without taking up as much space as floor-standing speakers.
I would be much more inclined to buy from your website if it looked as nice as newegg

L

lv2jmp

Audiophyte
My wish list:

Rosewood to match my speakers and room, and piano black for other system
DSP for auto-correction of the worst room mode(s)
Amp features, like an RF remote controlled volume

Make an already nice sub irresistable!

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:

• Additional amplifier features
  • Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
  • Slimmer profile subwoofer model
  • Bookshelf type speakers
  • "Slicker" web page look
  • DSP technology
  • Miscellaneous - describe in detail in the forum
Note this contest ends on June 30th, 2006 and can not be used in conjunction with any other special or promotional offer. The Winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

I chose more amplifier features mostly because you can never go wrong with more features! Bookshelf type speakers because I don't have much room and always need great quality in a small space. And DSP because my room is rather awkward and a little help is needed to sound "right"

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kaltorak1964

Audiophyte
A Slimmer SW beecause I get tired of looking at the big block under my screen all the time, and if is in a natural looking wood grain all the better

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
quality bookshelf speakers are a must for those of us who live in smallish homes

L

lsdmt

Audiophyte
Hsu has shown what can be done with great bang-for-your-buck value with subwoofers and I would definately check out what they can do with bookshelve speakers. Another entry into a market only ascend has touched.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
DSP Technology for taking care of frequency response problems generated by the room or placement.

Also, deeper, louder bass. You can't have a subwoofer that goes too low. A flat frequency response down to the lowest possible organ note is needed. And it should be able to play that note very loud, in a large room, without any audible distortion. Trying to do that, at a reasonable price, should keep the engineers busy for a while.

M

mercurylines

Audioholic Intern
several things would be helpful:

1) it would be nice if the website had a list of local locations where i could purchase the products

2) it would be wonderful for people on an extremely tight budget like myself to be able to purchase refurbished product....that would be very nice and would greatly make it more possible to purchase.

3) i would love for the designs to be less tall if possible. this gives me a lot more storage options and i think it would be easier to conceal.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I chose additional finishes because it seems that other than that not much is needed that wouldn't drive the price up to ridiculous levels.

C

Catnap

Enthusiast
Win an HSU sub

Well I would guess I am one of the few on this forum who is qualified to give the point of view of the W in WAF.
So do I care what it looks like – to some degree but I care much more what it sounds like. Piano black would be nice though to match my other speakers so I voted for more veneers (or at least one more veneer).
Also a vote for “slimmer” because you don’t have a “smaller” or “lighter weight” choice.
I checked miscellaneous also – how about adding wheels (or casters or removable wheels) to assist in sub placement. I’m serious. Lugging around those big heavy subs when setting up can be a chore.
Also DSP technology if that can be used to calibrate sub for best results when there are limited placement options in a room. In my room now I have only one placement option – the front left corner.

J

joep

Audiophyte
Bookshelf Speakers

[QUOTE
•bookshelf type speakers

I chose the bookshelf speakers why? well there just less pricey, my taste for speakers is larger than my wallet.

Joe P

K

Kid Red

Audiophyte
I voted for:

-Slimmer profile subwoofer model
The reason is that most subs are huge. They are difficult to place, hard to pass WAF, and unusable if you have a custom built cabinet that can only house a certain size.

-DSP technology
This would help those of less fortunate home owners with less then ideal shape and sized rooms. I would think this would help get the best possible sound when placement and room size present challenges.

cf7977

Audiophyte
I chose Additional amplifier features, DSP technology, and Miscellaneous.

I would like the ability to tweak more of the settings, have DSP to shape the sound to my room, and miscellaneous because they are already great subs.

G

GregBe

Audioholic
My speakers are piano black, and would love a matching color choice.

L

loserguy

Audiophyte
Books Shelves would be cool.
The HSU ventriliquest line sounds awesome. Imagine if they made full range speakers.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I chose additional wood veneers. Piano black when done right is just sexy!

Bookshelf type speakers. If I can get all my speakers from the same company, I'm pleased.

Slicker web page. I'm a geek for websites that are attractive and have enough interesting content to keep me coming back for more, even if I'm not necessarily in the market for the product.

Z

zedthewizard

Audiophyte
explanation of choices

1. i would like to see different wood used because they have different tonal properties, as in the case with guitars and other instruments.
2. i would like slimmer sub woofers and speakers in general due to space limitations in many apts. and homes.
3. i would like more book shelf speakers due to space limitations in many apts. and homes.

M

MrFong

Enthusiast
Slimmer sub profile. Something corner-friendly that can be tucked right in. With a small living room, it's tough to find a WAF friendly sub.

Scott

busyhands

Audiophyte
If you can balance smaller size with good response, go for it!

Please forget about DSP! Digital systems and the artifacts they inevitably introduce are fundamentally incompatible with good (analog) audio, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis