Enter to Win: STF-2 Sub from Hsu!

Which three below would you like to see in our product line offering and services?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
HSU Research wants your opinion!

Hsu Research is offering the award winning STF-2 subwoofer ($399 value!) to one (1) lucky forum member that answers the poll above and the explains their answer in the forum below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Vote in the above poll and explain your answer in the forum below:

Contest Question: What new features or enhancements would you like to see in our product line offering and services? Choose 3 from the list below, and explain in the forum:

• Additional amplifier features
  • Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
  • Slimmer profile subwoofer model
  • Bookshelf type speakers
  • "Slicker" web page look
  • DSP technology
  • Miscellaneous - describe in detail in the forum
Note this contest ends on June 30th, 2006 and can not be used in conjunction with any other special or promotional offer. The Winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vart

Audioholic
I chose:

Additional amplifier features
Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
Slimmer profile subwoofer model

You can't beat a piano black finish. Very nice when done right.
A slimmer sub would be nice so that you have more enclosure options. Especially for people like me who live in an apartment without a lot of room.
As for the amps, I picked that one because noe of the other ones really applied for me. And it is always nice to have extra bells and whisltes. :D

D

df4801

Banned
I chose a slimmer sub with more exterior options. This would help with placement issues. Also, would love to see what Hsu could do with bookshelf speakers.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
•Additional veneer choices
•bookshelf type speakers

I chose the veneer choices because this seems as though it might put Hsu in the running for those who take appearance into consideration. It doesn't affect performance, but some might lend more preference to a Hsu produce if it were to a)blend in better with their existing furniture or b) have a finish that produces a little more of *wow* factor.

As for bookshelf speakers, I chose that because I think that's nice for everyone...the more competition, the better. It seems like the more that's out there, the more the competitors look to improve, with the end benefit going to the consumer. A lot of the ID brands are already doing this, so this could give Hsu additional consideration for those who want to one stop shop. And, if they're solid performers, it's a new product line where Hsu could be considered for those who aren't in the sub market.

A

ahdeeoh

Enthusiast
HSU SUB Contest

Additional Wood Veneers - custom wood veneer matching (like paint matching) would be a nice way to get around WAF in subwoofers of this size

Matched Speakers - a company that makes subs of this caliber should make excellent homogeneous bookshelf speakers to compliment their subs

DSP - dsp parametric eq's are becoming ubiquitous and are very helpfull in taming room modes for those of us who have "spacialy challenged" (square) rooms

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
-Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black
-Slimmer profile subwoofer model
-Bookshelf type speakers

I like bird's eye maple finishes but they are not easy to find in many speaker models.

I'm looking for a small sub for a relative, and the slim subs that are out are of 'slim' pickin's... so more models to choose from would be nice.

I'd like to get a new pair of high performance bookshelf speakers (something along the lines of Paradigm's S2's or Thiel's PCS speakers). The nitch of superb quality small speakers could always use more competition.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I live alone and have no significant other to please with aesthetics. I have begun to think about looks anyway. Now that I have my rig and room sounding pretty good I've been thinking about making the room look good also.

Wood veneer choices
The finish on subwoofers and other things is now becomming more important.:cool:
Additional amplifier features
That is something that is always a goog thing.
DSP Technology
This can't be anything but a good thing.

D

dpristin

Enthusiast
DSP - it's too difficult to fight my room's acoustics without it.

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
Additional veneer choices would make blending into existing decor easier and would also increase wife acceptance factor.

A slimmer profile would aid in placement options, along with the reasons above

DSP tchnology would make integration with the room easier

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What new features or enhancements would you like to see in our product line offering and services?
I choose "miscellaneous".

I think they (the subwoofers) are perfect the way they are. K.I.S.S. Black. Simple. Make boom. :D

OR

Go for the extreme ... custom paint jobs. Like a spider-man web motive in black and red. And dark red neon under carriage lighting. That would look sweet. Another one would be a dark blue pearl coat finish, with a volume sensitive light cluster lighting up to the beat.

J

JHixson

Enthusiast
I chose the DSP technology as then I would not have to pay the price of a subwoofer for something like an SMS-1. I would also like to see more colors it would be nice if that HO I had on order would match the B&W rosenut mains.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I chose The first, second and fourth choice. Amp features are always handy and are fun to mess with to get just the right sound. Colors are good to math the rest of te system. And bookshelf speakers are important.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I believe Hsu can implement DSP technology with great success in their subs. I'd love to own one.

Oak....gotta have a nice, warm oak veneer!

Ever think of getting into the sealed sub business?

Keep up the great work!!!

G

greggv

Audiophyte
Sub features

It is always nice to have multiple choice of veneers. As home theaters expand and get nicer, people want a product that not only works well but can match there decor.

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
Dsp
Slimmer Profile
More amp features

What more could you ask for? Small boxes with moore options and placment choices. Score!

C

CUBE

Audioholic Intern
First, you have developed great subs and now I think it's time to develop great sounding book-shelf speakers to go along with the subs. This would be a great way to deversify your company and maybe even add a center and floor standing speaker.

F

fredejo

Junior Audioholic
more finishes - these days you have to have a sub that the wife & your friends thinks looks cool, otherwise its rejected as run of the mill ugly, cheap, outdated equiptment.
dsp - i now know why my little focal cub2 needs it, i'm always adjusting it from movie to movie cause it just doesnt sound that good, dsp wont help my sub though, it just sux...
slick web page - i sadly admit that the first time i looked up your company to see what you offered i didnt look very long b/c the web page didnt show off your product very well. i have friends in web design/advertising so i may have been a little more tough that the average person. but make sure your web page looks nice, its sometimes the only time someone will see your product, but u already knew that. ps. pick me i'm broke & love free stuff, i will donate my focal cub to charity (the ocean)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Hsu poll

Contest Question: What new features or enhancements would you like to see in our product line offering and services? Choose 3 from the list below, and explain in the forum: Slimmer profile, DSP technology, Miscellaneous.

Slimmer profile: There is a growing demand for "life-style" loudspeakers, including more compact or less conspicuous subwoofers, because space limitations and decor considerations are of greater concern nowadays.

DSP technology: There is also a growing demand for very accurate low-bass reproduction to achieve a flat-frequency response of 25 Hz and lower, which could be facilitated by properly implemented DSP to minimize both noise distortion and over-extending the driver during really low or loud moments.

Miscellaneous: I miss the availability of the popular TN cylinder series, which according to Hsu's FAQ section, was scheduled to be reinstated in late 2005. The lack of its availability will continue to drive the demand for competing cylinder subwoofers made by SVS, especially those models that offer the convenience and simplicity of a flush-mounted, integrated amplifier.

L

lbjazz

Audioholic Intern
What a college kid wants

More finish options - You already make a great sounding product, so now make it look great. I'd especially love to see a cherry finish available.

Slimmer profile options - I'm a college student, so being able to get the same bang with less floor space taken up would be great.

DSP - Not all dorm rooms are created equal, especially not as far as acoustics is concerned. It would be awesome to be able to dial up more flat bass response.

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
Bookshelf Speakers- A matched set to a great sub

Slimmer profile-More wife friendly

DSP-Help us really fine tune our setups

Thanks

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com