Enter to Win: STF-2 Sub from Hsu!

Which three below would you like to see in our product line offering and services?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storm5

Audiophyte
I chose the additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black, because I like to have my electronics blend in better with the surrounding furniture.

K

koyaan

Audiophyte
Additional amp features

I have a 10" HSU and love it.
I'd go fo additional amp features as it would be nice to daisy chain a couple of these things(with and without plugs or supercharger) togeather to expand the response range.

S

spartanstew

Enthusiast
1. Different colors and veneers would broaden the WAF.
2. A slimmer sub woofer would allow for uses in more types of rooms.
3. book shelf speakers would aid in space limitations.

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Bookshelf first

1. I would really like to see a good set of small to mid-sized bookshelf speakers in a few different veneers.

2. I would like to see a few different veneers on the subs themselves.

3. How about some twin driver systems like their main online competitor?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I chose the following: "Slicker web look", "Bookshelf", and "Misc."
First of all, I have a profound respect for the Hsu products BUT the web site could use some work. Personally, I would like to see a complete overhaul with a much more modern and competative look. Secondly, it is to my understanding that a bookshelf speaker is in the works. I am very happy to hear that BUT I hope the new bookshelf will work well for both music and home theater applications. Furthermore, I would really like to see some towers as well as a few center channel and surround options such as di-poles or bi-poles for the rears. The idea being, offering the same bang for your buck but keeping it all affordable. People prefer options and when it is affordable most will remain loyal as long as the product and service remain top-notch. Lastly, I chose "Misc." because I would like to see a remote volume controll that way the sub volume can more readily be adjusted from the comfort of my couch--oh yeah!!!!!!!!:D :D Also, maybe offer something similiar but better than Infinitiy's "RABOS" system. It is all about the finest of details that will win customers over keeping everyone happy.:) :)

vwman18

vwman18

Audiophyte
I selected "slimmer profile" mainly because of the WAF. Its hard to convince the wife that a large box is really needed in the living room, especially if its a smaller room. Also, more wood colors/styles will help broaden the appeal as well.

J

jagercola

Audioholic Intern
1. Improved web page for conveying information and great looks, just don't use flash as it's size limited and not good for large amounts of text.
2. Additional wood veneer choices, even if they are an additional fee to allow for more customization
3. I think a bookshelf speaker is fitting, given the market from makers like Ascend, SVS, and av123.

Y

Youzer

Enthusiast
Hsu!

I am a firm believer in providning more choices for speaker finishes. This way we can convince our wives that speakers ARE furniture!
Also, I'd like to see a simpler yet more informitive website = less information on more pages, this way its more attractive and organized
Lastly, bookshelf speakers can fit just about fit anywhere. I'd buy them that is for certain.

C

ctwed

Audioholic Intern
I chose:

Additional amplifier features.
As a fan of receiver featrues and separates performance, I am always seeking features.

Additional speaker finishes.
The "WAF" must always be considered.

DSP.
You can say all you want about DSP, the future will be digital, especially as technology improves; can't have too many features.

Watertiger

Watertiger

Audiophyte
Choices

I agree with all the other post talking about the "need" for more veneer choices, particularly the post that point out the need to please people in our lives who are more interested in the look of the speaker than the sound, heh. Along the same lines I picked the slimmer profile because discreet is often better for over all look of a room, or so I'm told. I also picked DSP because options in sound process are good.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
I'd probably vote for more real wood veneers (even if it means a higher cost for that option) and I'd love to see a more compact subwoofer from HSU. My good friend brought over his HSU subwoofer to our house earlier this year...he was very proud of his purchase and wanted us to see it in action with our moderately impressive HT, but I was surprised at how large (in all 3 dimensions) the HSU was in comparison to my Paradigm Servo-15. The HSU sub, while I don't recall the model, was quite impressive, but I was also disappointed in the black plastic finish. Our friend paid $800 and I was surprised that it didn't yield a better finish or veneer.

Just my thoughts...

J.

R

RoroCo

Enthusiast
Although it is nice to have a nicer website for marketing reasons...:D I can look past that onto the product itself.

Different options in wood veneer would be a definate plus as HT systems are becoming elements of designing rooms. Black may work for me, because I have a hiding spot for a sub, but that may not be the case for others. Why limit sales of aethetic-conscience consumers.

DSP would be great...any additional features to help the sound quality is additional rooms is always welcome...but please don't take away the quality of the raw sound by adding to many features that may require you to skimp elsewhere. {I would love to have an espresso machine in my truck, but not at the cost of 4-wheel drive}

BTW...where is the "Cheaper Price Tag" option You drop your price by half and I guarentee you would sell more :D Just kidding

Last edited:
N

Nate552

Enthusiast
1)Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black. There never seems to be enough color choices.

2)Slimmer profile subwoofer model - The wife would like that

3) Bookshelf speakers - It would be cool to see what HSU could do with some pint sized speakers.

C

chris71478

Audiophyte
Additional Veneers- Whatever it takes to get the Wife's OK.
Slimmer profile- Same boom+smaller box is always a plus.
Book shelf speakers- HSU is a no nonsense, high value company. I'd love to see what they could do here.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure how much more improvement can be made at this price point.

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
i didn't vote for miscellaneous, but if you're considering introducing bookshelves, why not consider developing compact towers with integrated powered subs?

what i did vote for:

- more finishes
- slimmer profile
- DSP

i live in a small nyc apartment, so all of those things appeal to me: i can't hide my sub, i don't have a lot of room for it, and the treatability of room acoustics is limited, without making my living room look ridiculous.

oh, and this is my first post.

captain_tinker

captain_tinker

Audioholic
I choose the following:

-Additional wood veneer choices like cherry, bird's eye maple, ash, rosewood, piano black

-Slimmer profile subwoofer model

-Bookshelf type speakers

1. Reason for this is mainly for decor purposes. Black always looks nice, but can sometimes be a bit too much for some rooms. Other colors can enhance the beauty of a functional piece.

2. Again for decor purposes, sometimes a large sub doesn't fit anywhere in the room. Something smaller may sell well.

3. This would be nice, for the same reasons as the first. Not all of us have a place to sit large speakers, but still want high quality sound. I have bookshelf speakers, but considering the reputation of HSU, it would be neat to hear what they could do with bookshelf speakers.

-capT

B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
For me personaly, I'd like to see some wheels on the bottom... It would definatly be more practicel than flipping it over on it's side and shoving it arround on a carpet , listening taking measurement as your trying to find it's best location .Moving it here there, and everywhere.
When one has decided on it's final resting place,put in the brass feet. For me, I'd leave it " wheeled" Maybe it could be an option,one or the other,or both.
I'd pay more for this feature.

tenacious ender

tenacious ender

Enthusiast
finish

Different finishes are where it's at.

my rockets 760's are gorgeous.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com