Enter to Win: Pair of x-ls Bookshelf Speakers from AV123!

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
I prefer a dark wood finish - cherry, mahoghany, ebony, walnut are all good matches to my furniture. The rosewood finish is very nice, also.

spider_duggan

spider_duggan

Junior Audioholic
White shadow maple

Theses speakers in White shadow maple. I do enjoy black, but these would be used as audio only speakers in a seperate listening room, which is well lite and sparringly furnished. These speakers would be the center piece of the room, garnering all the attention, so they need that extra special 'look' beyond their performance.

N

naisphoo

Banned
Well, piano black...because to my eyes it's the most beautiful color on any speakers I've seen so far.

Y

Youzer

Enthusiast
SMooth Baby SMooth!

I think speakers are just beautiful regardless of color. I am for speaker equality! :) BUT if I HAD to pick I'd go with Cherry.

A

AAD

Audioholic Intern
Piano black always looks classy, but a natural cherry also feels very warm and looks great with most leather or wood furniture.

A non-reflective black is a must for a home theater.

K

---k---

Junior Audioholic
I like cherry wood finishes in general. But, my wife prefers an ash black finsih. She claims that the wood on the speakers never matches any of the furniture, which we already have a couple of differnt woods going on with - don't need another wood.

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
Piano black or ebony stained walnut

HAVe definitives with piano black and love it

D

dirtraven

Enthusiast
Finish

Contest Question: What is your favorite finish on a loudspeaker and why?
Black, since it pretty much goes with anything. If your married like me, you know your interior paint/furniture is gonna change over the years and black will always blend in with anything.

J

JHixson

Enthusiast
My mains are B&Ws in rosenut. I really like the rich look of the darker woods especially the rosewood or dark cherry.

N

Nate552

Enthusiast
Black. It goes with everything so changing furniture and paint is not an issue.

C

chasw98

Enthusiast
Dark wood such as Oak or rosewood. Black would be second.

Chuck

B

beer4u

Audiophyte
I Really love my rosewood 750's, second I'd go with a glossy black.

M

mleineke

Audiophyte
Cherry, rosewood, and black. I currently have the cherry. I have seen the Rosewood and was very impressed. The black tyically goes with everything.

Z

zach525

Audiophyte
favorite finish.

Just most of the people in here I too would have to say black. I have not owned any of the high gloss but Im sure they add a classy touch.

G

Grendel

Audiophyte
Dark colors

I'm going to have to go with dark cherry...which is what I have now...)

L

Lambinator

Audiophyte
black - it's a classic and easy to match. trying to match wood grain colors is very difficult.

S

smileyjones

Audiophyte
Opinion: Best Speaker Finish

I would have to say the Andes Rosewood finish fits my style the best. It is beautiful in the summer sunlight and unnoticed in the darkness of a rooms viewing area. It displays deep natural wood grain with a high gloss finish, and will compliment almost any room’s decor.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis