Enter to Win: Outdoor Speakers from Aperion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
I'd go for the full 5.1 non-wall mounted solution: I want the very best sound I can afford, and the in-wall stuff usually seems to be a lot more expensive (plus I suck at handy-man installation stuff).

H

hawkerman

Audioholic Intern
Definitely 5.1 or 7.1 floorstanders or bookshelves!

In/on Wall flat speakers and small cube speakers that you can't see, I put in the same category: speakers for guys who are trying to appease their wives.

Simulated Sound bar? Please, anything simulated has to suck!

Wireless, maybe, but the technology would have to improve.

N

nunook

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

In wall 5.1 system
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
Smallest possible on wall solution
Wireless surrounds or wireless system
Other?

My answer:

Smallest wall solution.
Why: I have no room abound my flaty panel. it is mounted on the wall above my fireplace. Small wall mounts can blend in better and hide. I want to have great sound and the watcher to not even know where it is coming from.

N

ngfarr08

Banned
Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

* In wall 5.1 system
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
* Smallest possible on wall solution
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system
* Other?

Well at this current time i would have to say i would buy a front towers 5.1 system, simply because of my location, i live in a small apartment, i would not be able to instal an in wall system (land lord would kill me), i have never been a nig fan of the simulated sorround sound, it could never quiet match the sound of a true 5.1 system in my mind, the smallest solution would be good for me in my location, but i would also like something my house could grow into. and i have yet to hear of a great wireless system. all in all that means i would love to have an in wall system, but i cannot, and small is just too small for when i move into a house, so i will settle and get a great front tower 5.1
and love every second of it

T

team_finga

Audiophyte
7.1 System

I would lean towards a bookshelf/tower 7.1 system, but I am happy to use in/on-wall/ceiling speakers for the surrounds. The front three speakers are too important to leave to in-wall solutions, but in-walls are just fine for surround duty. I'm not yet sold on the wireless solutions, either.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
It depends on where I'm putting it. In my main media room I'm interested in 2-channel sound as well, so most likely to go for towers and a surround set (unless I found bookshelves I loved, I'm currently using S4s). In the bedrooms, form takes a higher relative priority. I'd most prefer built-ins, but would also take slim-lines or 5.1 smalls depending on what was available and the budget at the time.

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
My sentiments exactly

Nice contest, but will they ever open up to members from outside of the U.S.A.?

Sincerely,

John
I live in North America, I know Canada seems far away to many Americans but I can be in the US in less than 30 mins (minus the 4 hr border wait). I guess the extra $20 freight kills the deal though. :(

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
I would lean towards a bookshelf/tower 7.1 system, but I am happy to use in/on-wall/ceiling speakers for the surrounds. The front three speakers are too important to leave to in-wall solutions, but in-walls are just fine for surround duty. I'm not yet sold on the wireless solutions, either.
You do realize that you can gat FAR better in-walls than most towers these days too right?

the banner on this page links to them too. I've seen these installed in multimillion dollar homes and incorporated into home theatres that would boggle your mind.

http://rbhsound.com/si6100r.shtml

The in-ceiling/floor/wall subs are stunning too! Don't fool yourself by applying old views to modern technology.

Photog

Audiophyte
•Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub

I am thinking about adding LCD to a second bedroom and this would be a good way to go.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
Speaker system choice would depend on several factors including needs/wants, available space, install options, and install knowledge. Product reputation and customer service are always important and can make or break the deal. Sure, I want a full-blown Revel setup however my space does not allow it nor does my wallet. Supposing I have had a flat panel previously I would most likely opt for power and spkrs to supplement the video and live with my current display.

C

chrisxx

Audiophyte
Intimus Speaker drawing/question.

I would use a bookshelf 7.1 speaker set up. I have the perfect room size & shape to make it the bomb!

Thanks!
Chrisxx

R

Redneckjap

Audiophyte

The "towers/bookshelf" provides best options for sound, location, and selections.

"In-walls" are aesthetically pleasing, but are fixed and have limited options without going a custom-built route.

The "Soundbar" sounds good, but the surround is simulated and requires properly located reflection panels (i.e. walls, ceiling) to function properly.

"Wireless" is not truly wireless because power is required to be "wired". And, again, there are not may wireless options/choices.

The "Other" option would be appealing in that I would DIY my own 7.1 system.

RNJ

C

cpaus

Audiophyte
my choices

for the theate it is: Front towers 5.1 or 7.1 system

for the master bedroom it is: Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
inwall / on wall

I'd go with something like axiom's inwall / on wall to keep them out of room (wife factor if it's a living room TV type set up) but get the largest possible sound box.

It wasn't an option on contest but instead of in in wall / on wall 5.1, I started with a 2.1 system and really am happy with that.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
My main system is already put together. The room is too small, so I am forced to contend with a 5.1 (albeit, great sounding) setup. I don't have cable and this room is dedicated for music, movies and video games.

In wall 5.1 system
No, don't need the walls to become speakers.

Already have

Not worth the money

Smallest possible on wall solution
Can anyone say Bose?

Wireless surrounds or wireless system
Maybe. I am intrigued by the Seaton setup with fully powered speakers, meaning, no amp is needed, just a pre-pro. Add wireless capability to this in a manner that does not detriment sound quality and you have a winner.

Other?
Sound wise, I am really happy with my setup. My biggest problem is the room being too small to get the most out of my floorstanding speakers. When I move to a home where a bigger space can be put to HT duty, I will add rear and a second sub to make a 7.2 layout. Until such time, I am done.

P

Pete Olsen

Audiophyte
Audioholics Contest

I would use the wireless surrounds or wireless system.
Prefer to eliminate wires if possible.

Pete,
Lenexa, KS.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Aperion Speakers

I would go with a bookshelf 5.1 system as it is the best I have read in tearms of sound quality.

In/on-wall system, or a soundbar dosen't really cut it from what I have read & heard!

A

andyg

Audiophyte
I would select an in-wall configuration to clean up the bulky speakers currently hogging living-room floor space.

T

tjohnusa

Enthusiast
I have wanted to try a sound bar for a while now. It is difficult to appreciate in a store setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis