Enter to Win: Outdoor Speakers from Aperion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cooper's Dad

Audiophyte
I would consider for a 5.1 system in my great room: front towers, rear in wall speakers plus a bookshelf center. I would also consider wireless surrounds as rear speakers.

O

opavlovic

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

In wall 5.1 system. Yes. for my living room. Don't want to clutter living room.
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system: Yes for my family room.
Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub: Yes for my living room. Don't want to clutter living room.
Smallest possible on wall solution: Yes for my living room. Don't want to clutter living room.
Wireless surrounds or wireless system. Yes for my bedroom.
Other?

S

SteveCornell

Audiophyte
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system - In my opinion the best way to achieve the most accurate reproduction.

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

In wall 5.1 system:
Probably not, just in case I need to move or change my setup. I would consider in-ceiling options for background music in other rooms (ie., kitchen), though.

Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

Absolutely! If the speakers look great, I think large towers can be nice furniture items that all (including women =) ) can appreciate.

Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
Only if it sounds good....otherwise, Bookshelf + sub.

Smallest possible on wall solution
Only if I have a small room, or if the speakers sound full. Other than that, no, since they tend to sound thin and tiny

Wireless surrounds or wireless system
If there is no apparent hissing, and the price is right, then yes! But until then...

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
# In wall 5.1 system
# Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
# Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
# Smallest possible on wall solution
# Wireless surrounds or wireless system

would not consider in-wall, because I'm too much of a tinkerer, and I "need" the ability to move things around.

would definitely consider the normal bookshelf or tower 5.1, as I have already been satisfied with both of these setups and I think the space consumption of these items is well worth it.

would try the soundbar, but I have my doubts as to the magic they can really work... would not consider this option without a good trial period. call me a soundbar skeptic.

not sure about the "smallest possible on wall solution", I guess it would depend on how good the imaging could be from tiny satellites. again, consider me a skeptic who wouldn't consider this option without a trial period.

would not try wireless, have never really had much luck with wireless while living in a fairly densely populated area due to interference, and I don't mind running wires. maybe this is because I'm not married, but it would be an epic battle if my wife wouldn't let me have my "toys" because it bothered her decorating senses. I better write that down on the list of "things to confirm before tying the knot". :D

R

Reximus

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

* In wall 5.1 system
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
* Smallest possible on wall solution
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system
* Other?

In wall systems have many performance drawbacks as well as requiring owner permission for the install.

Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 systems are definitely what I would lean toward because of the myriad of options available for this configuration as well as the audio performance that would be available. I am always all about the performance aspect.

Soundbar with a sub. Please see above.

The smallest possible on wall solution might get you in the good performance range, and might satisfy some aesthetics issues. This would probably be my second choice.

Wireless options could be attractive for the same reasons mentioned under the previous answer.

Other: I am a fan of 4 towers and a matching center channel and sub combination for a superior 5.1 setup. I think that audio performance should always come first. Aesthetics can always be managed in one way or another, but there is no way to minimize the frustration from a substandard audio system.

G

Gern Blanston

Audioholic Intern
I would go with two front towers with built in subwoofers because my living area is not conducive to an in-wall installation, nor is it conducive to surrounds.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
If the room is VERY big (not the case with my home) - 5.1 system.
I'd choose a 2.1 system if the room is not very big (my home).

M

mailalan

Audiophyte
In-wall 5.1

I would go for the in-wall 5.1 system. I currently have large speakers mounted on speaker stands and while they sound great they aren't the most aesthetically pleasing thing to look at. If I could get an in-wall system that sounded as good as these monsters I currently have, I would definitely go that route.

- Alan

I

Izeya82

Audiophyte
Contest

* In wall 5.1 system- I am in my first experience with in walls as I have just installed some Klipsch and I am very pleased. I t was a new construction though and I was able to build cabinets and Also Green glued some MDF to the back and around the studs to have the sounds not transfer to other walls and it has been better than I expected. First of all though I always prefered floor standing but my wife HATES how much space these can take which led to my only real option of in wall. So with in wall I can get my system and my wife can get the aesthetic appeal.
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system- With my current Entertainment room I would have to go with Bookshelf, if I had my old room to fill up it would be towers. It all pertained to if I can get things spaced and set in the right spot and at the moment only bookshelf type speakers can accomplish this and still be somewhat appealing to the eye
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub- Not a fan of them personally but I am thinking of getting one for my daughters room. Something to produce better than flat panel LCD TV sound but not take up a bunch of room. And it will go well with her room. So it would be more of a 3rd tv option I suppose
* Smallest possible on wall solution- Just not worth my time I would rather get a sound bar. I haven't heard any of the supposedly better brands in the small speaker types, so all I cna judge off of is the small big box store types of sound systems which I haven't liked yet
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system- Always thought wow wireless! yes but I was never actually happy iwth any of the ones I purchased. I will keep to my wired configurations and take the extra time to figure out how to run the wires. be it re-patching a wall or anything else but I say no to wireless.....for now
* Other? I am interested in how the outdoor speakers sound as I am running wires from my new project to be able to connect outside. I have never heard a rock or any other outdoor speaker but would definitely be in the market for some come next summer.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

• In wall 5.1 system
  • Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
  • Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
  • Smallest possible on wall solution
  • Wireless surrounds or wireless system
  • Other?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Second system Display with inwall surrounds and sub for a guestroom. The inwall solution for guests is a clean solution without clutter. With offerings getting better each year, a quality inwall system is becomming much easier to find at an average lower price. I see more IP addressed self powered systems comming to market, as to keep systems simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

This is the exact situation I was running into. Being fairly new to the home theater game I find it easier for someone who is not so great at carpentry or DIY matters to purchase floorstanders or bookshelf and run cable under carpeting and what have you. I personally really enjoy the look of my towers sitting there just to the outside of my flat-panel finishing the room perfectly.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
In my current room, I'd do a bookshelf 5.1 system. If I had a bigger room I would definitely do floorstanding 7.2.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am considering a speaker setup for my bedroom to replace my wimpy lil Onkyo HTiB bookshelves!

I'm thinking either a Yamaha YSP-3050 soundbar with sub or a pair of Def Tech Mythos Fours with a Hsu STF-2.

We'd like to add better sound to our bedroom so we can take movie watching and game playing to the bed, but don't have the room for speakers and the desire to have wires snaked around the room.

Q

qwerty2op

Audiophyte
AV Junkie

If I was building my second system, what kind of speakers would I buy . . . tough question. I think it would be site specific and definitely require some significant listening prior to purchase. For the sake of this contest I am going to assume my bedroom. In this case I would prefer on wall speakers, but not necessarily small as I could get. Something more along the line of the EMP's no longer available at the Audioholics store:mad:. I would love to have wireless surrounds if the sound was acceptable, it would be very difficult to run wire through existing walls/floors.

Having said all that, I still believe that box speakers give the manufacturer the best opportunity to provide the customer with the most accurate sound quality. Therefore, the floorstanding 7.1 system for my theoretical main system would be my choice, no question.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Outdoor speakers too?! Great news!

Would definitely go with Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system, for our next flat panel room set-up. (living room most likely)
Joe B. (Warwick, NY)

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
I'd do option 2, traditional speakers, for a MAIN room install.

However, I'd do on-wall small mounts in a secondary room.

G

gsuen

Enthusiast
Aperion contest

I think for the bedroom (2nd flat screen) I would like a sound bar/sub combo.

Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of Intimus Outdoor Speakers to one (1) eligible forum member! The speakers will be in the Alpine White finish.

Features:
  • 1” audiophile grade silk-dome tweeter
  • 6.5” dual voice coil, woven-fiberglass woofer
  • Bass adjustment switch
  • Rugged, weather and UV-resistant ABS polymer cabinet
  • Aimable mounting system
  • Acoustically transparent, powder coated metal grille
  • 5-Way, gold-plated binding posts
  • Ten year warranty
  • FREE lifetime customer support

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following question in the thread below.

• In wall 5.1 system
  • Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
  • Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
  • Smallest possible on wall solution
  • Wireless surrounds or wireless system
  • Other?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

I would look at a 2.1 solution. This would avoid running wires to the back or having extraneous electromagnetic fields in my home. Plus, we are not so much into TV as a full immersion activity.
The soundbar plus subwoofer would also work, but these units do not seem so mature and I have heard too many pseudo-surround systems that did more harm to the over-all sound than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis