Enter to Win: Outdoor Speakers from Aperion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
speaker options

In wall 5.1 system. This would be my second option. Most people I help pick out systems for don't like their speakers to be seen.

Front Tower or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system.
This is always my first choice and suggestion. When you listen to a lot of music I feel like towers fill a room with a full spectrum of sound better than any of the other options.

soundbar with a sub. I have read a lot of positve reviews about the yamaha sound bar. Most the other Soundbars I have seen I wouldn't consider. If the yamaha reviews are true this would be a great option. I haven't ever heard a soundbar properly set up and I am extreamly reluctent to try or suggest a yamaha sound bar when I know some other options will work in this price range.

Smallest on wall system. I don't like this option, but this is what most people I talk to end up with. They don't like the idea of holes in the wall or speakers taking center stage in the room.

Wireless system.
My first choice would always be to run wire. But I would be willing to try it if running wire wasn't an option.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

• In wall 5.1 system - I would definitely consider going that route. I would like having the speakers out of the regular floorspace of the room.
  • Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system - That's what I have now (four bookshelves with a sub and center channel), and I like it. Great sound.
  • Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub - For a bedroom configuration, that would be a nice way to go for me. For my main system, I'd want actual speakers behind my listening positoin.
  • Smallest possible on wall solution - Not interested. If I'm going to put the speakers up on the walls, I'd prefer the first option in which they are in the walls.
  • Wireless surrounds or wireless system - If the system didn't experience/cause interference from/to other wireless systems, then I'd be interested.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I would go with this option: Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

I have never found small speakers that I liked the sound of and have a large great room that needs to be filled with sound. My current to towers do a great job of this and I would actual go larger to have speakers that will reach down further. I had a trade-off with the misses for aesthetics. The 633Ts were too large for her.

-pat

A

Anirud

Audiophyte
In-wall if I don't need to break the wall

Contest Question: Pretend you are looking to purchase your first or second flat panel TV, which of the following speaker configurations would you consider? Why or why not?

• In wall 5.1 system
  • Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
  • Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
  • Smallest possible on wall solution
  • Wireless surrounds or wireless system
  • Other?

1> In Wall 5.1 system will be definitely my first choice if I have the concealed wiring option. But I would not like to break my wall for this :)
2> I have a dedicated room for TV/Home theater. I would prefer go for this option and this would be most feasible it seems. At least the quality of sound is ensured :)
3> Looks good - Not for me or ones who listens a lot :D
4> If I can buy a 2nd flat panel TV, I believe I would be able few extra bucks to go for a better solution than this.
5> If wireless solution comes with good amount of power and consistency, I can consider. I am yet to check it out.

W

warrior.chief

Audiophyte
Aperion Audio wants you (me)to win!

* In wall 5.1 system -- Only if I'm building a new home or a new home theater room.
* Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system -- That's the only it will work for me. I have a smallish room and bookshelf 5.1 fits
* Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub -- It might work for someone else but I'm not a big fan of them.
* Smallest possible on wall solution -- Don't like the sound of the micro speakers I think they are over priced and under perform. So they are off my list unless there free.
* Wireless surrounds or wireless system -- I have no experience with them and don't want to be the guinea pig with my small budget.
* Other? -- I don't have an other unless I get a pair of outdoor speakers to point at my useless neighbors.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief

In wall 5.1 system
Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system
Soundbar with simulated surround plus a sub
Smallest possible on wall solution
Wireless surrounds or wireless system
Other?

Other: As much full quality wireless as you can get. One small wireless HDMI signal transmitter plugged into the flatscreen HDMI slot with signal going directly to speakers if possible, or to small electronics unit on floor, shelf or located anywhere. From there, wireless to good mains, surrounds and a good (i.e. SVS caliber to 20Hz) subwoofer. One universal remote, backlit, with onscreen display for setup, volume, source switching, etc. Remote should be non-line-of-sight for audio but IR and RF capable for any TV or satelite/cable/future system box. I would recommend consumer grade and critical listener grade systems to keep price low for average non-audio aware users and one for audio-aware critical listeners.

Last edited:
M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern

• In wall 5.1 system
  • Other?

I'm all about sound quality, so I'd be using a 5.1 system with front towers. I'd love to switch to wireless speakers, but the quality just isn't in the same ballpark right now. As fast as things change, wireless may be viable in the not-too-distant future, but not now.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
1. The walls never seem to be in the right place for in-wall, unless the room was designed for audio, so not that. THe only exception would be s second system (bedroom, etc.) where the listening isn't as critical.

2. For my main system, I've always had front towers, and 5 or 5.1 surrounds if this is a place to watch movies, so this is a good option.

3. Soundbars are good for what they are, but not good enough for me, unless this is a kids room, a place you don't wnat to run wires, etc. So no in most cases here.

4. I'm not a fan of on-wall, so no. I'd go in-wall if you absolutely must hide things.

5. I've never tried wireless speakers. I'd be worried about sound quality ans signal quality, nso no, not now.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
My second flat panel would be for a bedroom and I would either go for a Soundbar or smallest possible on-wall solution.

In-walls are nice but then I would have to leave it or repair the wall when I eventually move out of my house - nothing is ever permanent...
Wireless sounds like a great idea but I don't trust the fidelity - even for a BR system.
I reserve the all out towers 7.1 + subs for my HT projector setup...;-)

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

• In wall 5.1 system
  • Other?
It would be for my 1st flat panel TV, and it would have to be a "Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system"
Once you go big, it's hard to go back...unless the wife demands it. /sigh

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
•Front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system

Tower and a 7.1 system. A seven speaker system sounds really good if set up properly. More and more movies are coming out in 7.1 sound. Master audio is great sounding in 7.1.

jmspiderman

jmspiderman

Enthusiast
In the top of my list would be a 5.1/7.1/tower/bookshelf system no doubt about it,in second place I would consider an on wall system with a sub (something like the JBL L820/LC2 kind of thing) and in the third place the in-wall system,which would go better aesthetically with a flat panel but I have not still digested the idea of having speakers using the sheetrock as an enclosure,and regarding soundbars and wireless,no thanks I would not consider any of those.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
for my condo no doubt a front towers for the full blown 5.1 system. at my girlfriends It'd have to be a bookshelf or on wall 5.1 system, smaller room & the WAF factor is huge there.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
Presuming it was a second system - one in none dedicated audio room, I'd do with the inwall system - still maintaining the size I feel is needed, but less obtrusive than bookshelve speakers on stands, or towers.

F

fastbal9

Audiophyte
In-Wall 5.1.
Preferably In-Wall 7.1, but that wasn't a choice. :)

P

project86

Audioholic
If I would be buying my first flat panel, I would want a real 5.1 system using real full size speakers, with bookshelf speakers in the rear. Which is what I did when I actually did make my purchase years ago. There's no point in faking it with surround bars or such, unless you have some limitation where you need to.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
definitely front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system, potentially wireless, although i've never heard such a system before and would want to hear it before deciding (but my room is already well-wired and used for the rears). i would pick this configuration because quality of sound is the most important feature to me and wife. i do enjoy a nice looking speaker, but i've never heard in-walls that i thought sounded as good as good towers/bookshelves, and the "smallest possible" doesn't even deserve mention.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
I would choose, front towers or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system. In wall speakers do not offer the peformace for HT, 2 ch music, and multi-channel like a good tower or bookshelf 5.1 or 7.1 system.

C

camaraderie

Audiophyte
Towers and a 5.1 system or really good bookshelves w/ a tight sub would be my choice.
I like to listen to plain, pure stereo and towers are needed for that quality sound. If space were a concern a nice pair of bookshelves up front chosen for their musical ability (with matched center & properly voiced surrounds) plus a really good sub would be the choice.
If the system can reproduce music to my satisfaction...it can handle video applications.

I would avoid pre-packaged 5.1 bookshelf systems that are designed and compromised to hit style or cost price points. And there has never been a soundbar or wall system that can overcome the sonic deficiencies associated with such physical constraints.
I would not be averse to wireless surrounds since that is not a very difficult application to get reasonably right.

Thanks for the contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis