Enter to Win: 20% off SVS order

When deciding to purchase new audio equipment, what is most important to you:

• Ability to have someone install and calibrate the product in your home theater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Win: 20% off SVS order

When deciding to purchase new audio equipment, what is most important to you:
I also feel that the "best bang for the buck!" rules!It be great to see "Calibartion-"Tool's",(as opossed to paying Big-buck's for professional-Fee),be a "doable" project! Warranty/product-support is way up there,nothing as volitable & expencive as "Home Theater Gear" is even considered with out top quality,first-rate,Warranty-service & support!Cupons & discounts are the only way most of us can aquire the "better-items/newer,act."Most folk's I've spoken to never pay "Sticker-Price!"

Loner

Loner

Audioholic Intern
I chose "Other". My main concern is Quality of the product. Pricing is negotiable most of the time but quality isn't always based on price, especially with an ID such as an SVS............:D I'd have to spend quite a bit more to come close to the SVS quality.

The same logic would apply to other ID's as well, such as Onix, Swan and Axiom to name a few........

Not affiliated......yada yada yada.:eek:

RaT

RaT

Junior Audioholic
While an unlimited source of funds would be a fantasy come true, it always gets down to "how much is it going to cost" Sometimes I justify the cost by giving up on other items for purchase well off into the future. In the end, my response is sticker price because I may well enjoy the finest speakers in the house, inevitably, I find myself searching for the price sticker and going "dang", I didn't think they would be that much!

B

BTT917

Audioholic Intern
Other -

The most important thing to me is to either have an in-home test period or an in-depth review. Store demos aren't that meaningful to me, especially with speakers, since the room plays such an important role in the final sound. Amps/SSP/receivers/DVD players I'd put more weight behind a review.

K

kawika36

Audiophyte
I don't really have a #1 most important factor in purchasing new audio equipment. But with the amount of, and quality of product from online companies, I will say I want to have some sort of in-house trial, and outstanding customer service (very necesary w/online companies). Of course though, the price, coupons, discounts and such compared to how much product I get also are influential.

Z

Zaoc

Audiophyte
Bang for the buck is the primary factor in choosing a new piece of equipment. I have very little "mad" money that this is the main driving factor in my purchase. Word of mouth reviews play a large part here as well.

V

vaf3

Audioholic Intern
I think all of these play a big role in making a decision but I think hearing how something sounds is the biggest one for me. I want to know what it sounds like in person to see how it compares to other products I am looking at by MY EARS. Not by what reviews say and not by what other people tell me. We all know that sound is a very very subjective thing and different people like different sound. As for other things such as sicker price: It matters but I usually have a price range so I'll only be looking at things in that range anyway, discounts: If theyre available I'll take them if not oh well, Installation: I can usually handle this myself pretty well I think, Support: ha the only satisfying customer support/service I've gotten in my life was from the same company this discount is for.

C

cheebalu

Audiophyte
Just starting out...

I am just starting to get into Hi-Fi, so pricing is important but assuring the client of quality through warranty is very important.

B

brown123

Enthusiast
Here's how I would break down what influences my audio purchases:

Sticker price 60% - I usually have a budget in mind, try to find the best value for that point, and end up a little above it
Availability of discounts/coupons 5% - usually does not influence what I buy, but can tip me on timing
Ability to hear the product in person before purchasing 5% - not that important because I want to hear it in my home anyway
Ability to have someone install and calibrate the product in your home theater 0% - where's the fun in that?
Local support for any warranty issues 0% - why involve a middleman?
Other - 30% the performance of the equipment itself, relative to the price point I'm looking at.

S

sCiEnT

Junior Audioholic
While sticker price is important and eveyone wants the "best bang for the buck" its somewhat difficult to determine when you can't hear the bang. So I would say the ability to audition an audio product is very important.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
I voted on sticker price of those listed. Quality and sound would also be very important. Of course, coupons and discounts impact the bottom line price, and that is really more important - the bottom line price.

T

thundergust

Audioholic Intern
Money is everything. A product may not have the lowest sticker price, but it should have the best bang for the buck...which means it should be quite cheap/affordable.

majorloser

majorloser

I want to audition any equipment I may intend to purchase. It does not need to be an "in-home" audition. I like to try equipment in the store or at an equipment owner's home.

I look for quality and performance first than I look at price. I am usually willing to spend more if the item better fits my needs than a lower priced item. I rarely ever buy "entry level".

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It's definitely about overall value for the money. Forget the sticker price. $2,000 for a item that is worth $2,000 is perfect. But, if it sounds like a $400 item then what does it matter? If it sounds like most other $3,000 speakers then we are talking value!

So, the value is king. Price should run the range and reflect that value. But, without the value, what does the price matter? A $10 speaker that sounds like a $1.00 speaker is not a value - regardless of price.

As for everything else - I think it matters. All manufacturers should be working within a scope for returns, having many custom installers, having some demo locations accessible, etc. Especially with mainly online companies that don't deal much with retail stores - give out some speakers into decent settings and let people come and listen.

D

DOJ

Enthusiast
I choose other .

Quality of performace, Build quality , Customer Service .

P

Pursuitest

Audioholic Intern
All Ears

I just find it almost impossible to buy a piece of audio gear without hearing it first because there are just to many cheap products out there. Buyer beware.

J

jar8674

Audiophyte
Bang for the buck

I am all about getting my money's worth. I spend hours of research trying to determine which product(s) will give me the most for my money--features, sound quality, build quality, etc. I suppose if I had an unlimited income, this would not be an issue, but as it is, I want to get as much as I can with as little expenditure as possible. It's all about value.

C

cerecone

Audiophyte
Quality and price are most important to me-read that "value". After I have decided what audio gear I want it is often the little incentive, a sale or a coupon, that converts me to a buyer. I can lurk for a long time with my current system because its pretty good. The SVS coupon is just the type of thing that would cause me to pull the trigger on an upgrade though.

O

ODellAudio

Audiophyte
I like to be able to audition the product I am looking at buying. Reviews online are nice but nothing compares to seeing and hereing the product for yourself.

jay

D

dkordonowy

Audioholic Intern
Hear them personally

Nothing better will let me know how well I like a product, and I'm willing to pay more for something I know that I like.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis