Enter to Win: 20% off SVS order

When deciding to purchase new audio equipment, what is most important to you:

• Ability to have someone install and calibrate the product in your home theater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
SV Subwoofers wants your opinion!

SV Subwoofers is offering (2) 20% off coupons redeemable up to 6 months after the drawing date (March 31st, 2006) to eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Respond to the poll above and explain your response below in this contest thread:

Note this contest ends on March 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
All have an impact on what audio equipment to buy but bottom line sticker price is what determines what I will purchase. "best bang for your buck"! Deals cand coupons have an impact on the bottom line as well.

A close second in consideration is customer service. If I'm getting something this expensive, that can have a defect, I want to be sure to have hassle free resoluton to my issues.

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
All the issues listed are considered when buying equipment, but overall quality of the product (build, tv picture, speaker sound, subwoofer level, etc.) is the most important thing to me. I'm willing to spend a little more to get the better product which I know I will keep for a long time.

N

Nate552

Enthusiast
Although all of those listed are important, there are not many of us that have a disposable income. Therefore price has to play an important factor. I buy the best I can afford, which is dictated by price.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
I'm looking for "bang for the buck," so I am going to go with sticker price. A close second for me would be being able to hear it in person. But, if the price is right, and I hear good things, I'll give it a shot without listening to it first.

J

jwp975

Enthusiast
It all boils down to price in the end. With a Family to support, you can’t always get the biggest and baddest gear. So you try to compromise and get the best gear you can get, for the best price.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
jwp975 said:
It all boils down to price in the end. With a Family to support, you can’t always get the biggest and baddest gear. So you try to compromise and get the best gear you can get, for the best price.
I agree with everybody before me. Best bang for the Buck.
Many of us have a family to support, and a wife to keep happy.

Reorx

W

W.A.F.

Audiophyte
As the wife of a complete audiophile, he has educated me enough to know that sound is important when selecting any piece of audio equipment. Sticker price is very important too, but if he wants it bad enough, he'll get it.

M

MUCHO

Audioholic Intern
Highest value is whats most important to me. Thats why I own a SVS subwoofer right now.

B

Boeckelmann

Audiophyte
while a low price and good quality are certainly important, even the most reliable units can break down. a good local service center is a nice thing to have in those rare occasions. what good is having a good product at a cheap price if it breaks down and will take weeks to fix?

Hanse18

Hanse18

Audioholic
I hate to say sticker price, but it often comes down to that. If I am legitimately shopping for new audio equipment, I have a set price level in mind, and I purposely avoid anything higher than that, in order to refrain from buying it :)

So basically, I'm just jumping on a bandwagon and saying that performance per dollar is the most important.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
The biggest bang for the minimum buck....

Sound and equipment quality/performance at resonable/affordable cost.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I ussually pick equipment thats not in my budget. Then search for a deal that fits my budget. Like this 20% discount would bring the PB12 plus into my budget.

R

radchad3

Audioholic Intern
I have stated this before, but quality and price are huge in my opinion. Beyond that though, being able to hear the speaker is a huge plus. Since speaker sound is such a subjective thing, the forum is a hard place to get an idea of whether or not a person will like a particular speaker!! Chad

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
The importance of sticker price in the purchase of audio equipment

Question: When deciding to purchase new audio equipment, what is most important to you? My response: Sticker price. Why? Because I know what I want in A/V equipment: usually advanced, high-performance, if not high-end stuff. But of all the obstacles or complications that prevent me from making my wish list come true, none is more unforgiving than what I can afford (which isn't much in terms of high-end audio!). So, yes, the asking price, plus any discount I can get, matter a lot to me. Of course, equipment performance always matters, but I have to evalute the performance (and value) of any gear based on a given (read affordable) price point.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
Hearing is believing

I love to listen to and play with equipment before buying it. There is just something special about this hand-on experience.

D

dirtyD

Enthusiast
To me the most important thing is to hear and mess around with the product in person. Sure you can go by recomendations but not everyone has the same tastes so its always good to go test it out and see if you personaly actully like it

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
quality is the most important to me... money is also important, but i can always wait and save up.

customer service goes along with quality. so yeah id pay as much as it took as long as i got a good deal on my money.

well within reason. 1000-1500 seems good for one sub. if i get a bigger room i could eventually just double it.

spider_duggan

spider_duggan

Junior Audioholic
Quality, asthetics, design, features....and to a lesser extent, money. I'll pay anything for something the is priceless, timeless, and build by masters of their craft.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis