Enter to Win: 20% off SVS order

When deciding to purchase new audio equipment, what is most important to you:

• Ability to have someone install and calibrate the product in your home theater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

ANTHONY

Audiophyte
I just bought axiom speakers but no subwoofer.I have researched and svs is the best in that price range($1199.00).So having the very best is most important to me.

D

dirtraven

Enthusiast
Quality and Price Ratio

If I can get the same quality and performance why would I want to pay more for the item. Price tags definitely does not define performance/quality of a product.

Resell value is another point for me since I'm like most people, upgrade is always in the near future. A good product will get you a good return.

Unfortunely some of the big Brand names market their prOducts So wEll that most of the time it still fetches a nice return but you have to pay the high price before hand and be dissapointed.

L

ljbrun

Enthusiast
Well it's price in the sense that the first thing I think of is "What is my budget?"

Once I know my price range, the next important thing is the ability to audition at home with little or no cost.

M

mdy

Enthusiast
Price is always a factor with any purchase, but I am willing to spend more for a quality product and good customer service.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I voted sticker price ...

simply because if the unit is not a good value for money, all the other poll options are useless.

N

naisphoo

Banned
To me the ability to hear the product in person is more important than anything else.

P

PAW

Audioholic Intern
I voted other. The value of the equipment cost vs. performance is high on my list. Though being able to hear it in person is right up there also.

B

bleair

Audiophyte
buying consumer a/v gear

Once I've decided on a price range the next criteria is functionality. With speakers that means being able to hear them (duh).

Great customer service makes the experience nice, but once I've bought the subwoofer/receiver/projector I seldom need to talk to the manufacturer (I hope... except these bug ridden network media players Grrr!).

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
I buy the best product I can find for the money I'm able to pay. So, I guess quality of the product is really more important than price, but since a great deal of quality varitation is present at any price point, it is ultimately the dollar amount that plays the decisive role. If money were no object I'd buy strictly on quality: the best whether it cost $100 or $100K.

Auditioning equipment is important, but it's really meaningless if side-by-side comparisons of various products and manufacturers cannot be made in an acoustically equivalent environment. Shelling out a ton of money up front to purchase several different products for an in-home audition period is impractical to say the least.

Customer service is extremely important as well, and is always something I mention when recommending a product or manufacturer to a friend.

A

AAD

Audioholic Intern
Ultimately, any equipment that I buy has to fit into my budget. I normally read reviews and check out what I can locally before I search out the best price.

Listening to the product is alway nice, but I have found that you are better off listening to the product in your own room.

So...I find the best product that fits into my budget, get it home, and if I am not happy return it and continue the search.

M

mkinder

Audioholic Intern
Sticker price for me. Every jump in price comes with an inordinante jump in WAF resistance, she gets the same treatment from me on her "wish list" items. So we compromise and get what we can, while maintaining some kind of balance. Every discussion will always come down to price.

R

Rik

Audioholic
i voted other, the first consideration to me is sound quality. once i determine that that is acceptable then i look at price vs performance.

N

Nate552

Enthusiast
Price. I do not have a disposable income so I shop by price first, then get the best quality I can afford.

B

beer4u

Audiophyte
All options are certainly worth consideration but I chose to hear the product before purchasing. however having the ability to return the product if i'm not saatisfied with it is just as good in my book.

Z

zonomorph

Enthusiast
Sticker price is important to me. Although it's tempting sometimes to blow all my money on one component just to have something that's the best of the best, I remind myself that it's the sound of the whole system that's most important. I look at coupons and discounts as well, so I guess what's really most important to me is the bottom line price, when discounts, taxes, and shipping have been taken into account.

steve nn

steve nn

Enthusiast
I voted other on account of performance is my main criteria. Bottom line performance has to rule while keeping the other attributes in mind. Even if they had to ship the driver and amp in a sep box, I would be more than interested in some new form of offering with larger drivers.. knowing how good their 12"s are.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
I like to hear something before I buy it. I guess I could try it at home if the company would allow returns.

Of course I consider price. Who doesn't? But expensive doesn't mean good.

ace2352

ace2352

Audiophyte
Price

Sticker Price. I first have to cosider the amount I can buget to my audio system and then look to see what is offered in that price range. Also looking into other price classes to see what is offered reletive to the asking price.

A

Andy Bell

Audiophyte
Local support is the most important thing to me. I have developed a good long term relationship with my dealer and I appreciate being taken care of with no hassles when I have had equipment problems. Because of the good service I have received over the years, I try to get all my friends to buy from my dealer. Price is also important and I have always felt I get fair deals from this dealer also. And I have been allowed to try equipment at home also.
The only thing I have ever bought on line is my SVS PC-Ultra. When it comes to service from an on-line dealer, SVS is #1 in my book!

C

calhob

Audiophyte
Other

I love great customer service if the item needs to be fixed either locally or sent in I like to have it asap. Ability to test equipment in home is really nice also. I dont mind paying a bit extra for that little extra a company puts into there product....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis