highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The charge rate of EVs is not linear with time. It varies with how far along the battery is in the recharging process, as well as air & battery temperatures, among other things.

It’s kind of like rating a speaker’s impedance as one fixed value … such as 8 ohms … when it varies widely with frequency.
Charging rates always vary by the current state of charge- I was wondering if they show an average. A fixed rate would make BOOM! happen more often- recharging generates enough heat under all conditions that it needs to be monitored.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Charging rates always vary by the current state of charge- I was wondering if they show an average. A fixed rate would make BOOM! happen more often- recharging generates enough heat under all conditions that it needs to be monitored.
Of course the charging is monitored, as we wrote above. A battery for an EV contains much energy and strict monitoring of the charging as well as discharging is required, and is.

The charging circuitry resides in the EV, same as for mobile phones. While wall warts used to charge mobile phones are called chargers they actually are just PSUs, and the same goes for EVs: A charging station for EVs just supply the power the charging circuitry demands.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I saw a Tesla Model X today that was driving slower than the speed limit :eek: :rolleyes:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I have seriously considered the transition to a latest EV, but looking at the economy it is not close to sustainable to sell the car and replace the BMW 730D with a new EV, so I started the "up-finishing" of my car.....

A lot of fixup recently... two rounds of treating leather seats with BMW leather kit, full washing and polishing with Swisswax two layers, first wax and then shielding layer.

As far as I know, Swisswax is the brand that Ferrari itself recommends for its own cars.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
NIce work. I use Jay Leno's leather cleaner and treatment on the Lexus.

I haven't used wax in years. Ceramic costs more, but it also lasts about 8x longer and protects better. That wet look still is deeper with wax, but wax doesn't last long enough, especially during harsher weather.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I trust you 'clay bared' the car before you waxed it ?
Well, the Swisswax products come with some things to do this but I never managed to make it work that well..... there are some "trouble areas" low on the doorside and under, so I did not get to do this properly ... but when hoogling here I found some more products that maybe may help me better out !

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

With a few microfiber towels, works like charm. I am still using my Griot's garage clay because I still have some, but I buy all my other stuff from a local shop. That shop was just bought by Chemical Guys.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis