highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The charge rate of EVs is not linear with time. It varies with how far along the battery is in the recharging process, as well as air & battery temperatures, among other things.

It’s kind of like rating a speaker’s impedance as one fixed value … such as 8 ohms … when it varies widely with frequency.
Charging rates always vary by the current state of charge- I was wondering if they show an average. A fixed rate would make BOOM! happen more often- recharging generates enough heat under all conditions that it needs to be monitored.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Charging rates always vary by the current state of charge- I was wondering if they show an average. A fixed rate would make BOOM! happen more often- recharging generates enough heat under all conditions that it needs to be monitored.
Of course the charging is monitored, as we wrote above. A battery for an EV contains much energy and strict monitoring of the charging as well as discharging is required, and is.

The charging circuitry resides in the EV, same as for mobile phones. While wall warts used to charge mobile phones are called chargers they actually are just PSUs, and the same goes for EVs: A charging station for EVs just supply the power the charging circuitry demands.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis