j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like a big golf cart aka Kei truck :D 500HP and 350 mi range? Interesting...

Hanging the bikes out the tailgate like that is pretty common. There are racks designed for it; keeps the bike lower than having it stand fully up without removing the front tire.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Hanging the bikes out the tailgate like that is pretty common. There are racks designed for it; keeps the bike lower than having it stand fully up without removing the front tire.

For sure, your pic above clearly shows how it's done, the photo shopped pic in the add is total BS, look again and you'll see why ............;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For sure, your pic above clearly shows how it's done, the photo shopped pic in the add is total BS, look again and you'll see why ............;)
LOL, I didn't notice, but I did see the pic you're talking about. That WHOLE pic, including the truck, is digital. That's common for marketing material. Gets animated by someone who doesn't really know what it looks like.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, I didn't notice, but I did see the pic you're talking about. That WHOLE pic, including the truck, is digital. That's common for marketing material. Gets animated by someone who doesn't really know what it looks like.
Exactly, four bikes loaded in that little poop box and with all those front wheels turned and lying perfectly flat, yeah right !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Good video from yesterdays practice session for Indy Cars @ Mid-Ohio showing and describing how the new Hybrid system works .....

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The Hybrid Indy cars this weekend were pretty cool, same sound, same speed, but a little quicker.. An additional 120+ horsepower on driver demand.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
it was over 40 years ago that I attended my first cup race, 40 N/A cars coming to life at once was magical, I would miss that in a EV race
A pure CrashCar EV, will be pathetic to watch and or listen to. Maybe Hybrid is a better direction.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Hybrid Indy cars this weekend were pretty cool, same sound, same speed, but a little quicker.. An additional 120+ horsepower on driver demand.
Great race, congrats to Oward although I'm sure Scott Dixon wasn't to happy with the first hybrid race. As for the additional HP, yep plus the additional 100 lbs of weight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A pure CrashCar EV, will be pathetic to watch and or listen to. Maybe Hybrid is a better direction.
They won't eliminate fuel cars, that would kill their draw since that is their target audience. I expect it would be an additional series to see if anyone watches. That is a similar reason why Indy went hybrid not EV.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
They won't eliminate fuel cars, that would kill their draw since that is their target audience. I expect it would be an additional series to see if anyone watches. That is a similar reason why Indy went hybrid not EV.
Jay Frye of Indy Car
"
“Each series has their own identity, their own niche of what they do,” said Frye. “[At] INDYCAR, we certainly have no aspirations of being a fully electric series.

“We're fast, loud and authentic, that type of thing. [The hybrid] is an enhancement to our overall program. This is something that is very relevant in street cars and in passenger cars. We think the hybrid program is the way to go into the future.

“We're very comfortable with where we're at right now. We're very comfortable where we're going to be the next couple, two, three years, and then we'll see what the future looks like beyond that.

“I certainly don't see INDYCAR becoming a full EV series.”

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Good video from yesterdays practice session for Indy Cars @ Mid-Ohio showing and describing how the new Hybrid system works .....

Such a fun track. Are they speed limited? Seems like they stop accelerating around ~180 on the back straight with plenty of room to go.

They're only 45 seconds faster than I was. o_O

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I had a hybrid Corolla as a loaner last week and it was by far the slowest car I've driven this century.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had a hybrid Corolla as a loaner last week and it was by far the slowest car I've driven this century.
Hybrids have a different penalty. They have the instant torque, but smaller motor so less benefit. The battery is smaller, but you have both the ICE motor and the electric, so weight is up there in EV territory.

Compared to the Supra, you'd need something like a model 3 performance to have some fun and the Supra would still weigh less so it would brake and handle better. The Performance would vastly accelerate faster off the line though.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Hybrids have a different penalty. They have the instant torque, but smaller motor so less benefit. The battery is smaller, but you have both the ICE motor and the electric, so weight is up there in EV territory.

Compared to the Supra, you'd need something like a model 3 performance to have some fun and the Supra would still weigh less so it would brake and handle better. The Performance would vastly accelerate faster off the line though.
I wouldn't say weight is up there in EV territory for the Corolla hybrid, at just over 3k lbs., but they definitely tuned it for mileage as opposed to acceleration. I just honestly wasn't expecting 0 to 60 times in the double digits in a modern car. lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn't say weight is up there in EV territory for the Corolla hybrid, at just over 3k lbs., but they definitely tuned it for mileage as opposed to acceleration. I just honestly wasn't expecting 0 to 60 times in the double digits in a modern car. lol
Wow just wow. That’s so WEAK!!!!! Hopefully you’ve returned it by now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hybrids still weigh less than an EV, but they are more than an ICE only car. You can feel it when you drive them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis