Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Those Volvo owned Polestars are manufactured in China. I wouldn't touch one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Those Volvo owned Polestars are manufactured in China. I wouldn't touch one.
Polestar is co-owned by Geely and Volvo, so not all of their manufacturing is in China. The 2 is built in China currently, but they opened a large facility here in the US and much of the US production will come from here beginning this year (starting with the 4 not the 2). Quality won't be any worse than Tesla no matter where they are built. A portion of the new Model 3 global sales will also be built in China.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What an interesting article dated Dec 8, 2023. OF note to those that live in the hotter states.

"A study of 6,000 electric vehicles found that batteries drain faster in hot climates than in warm ones. What's more, those who used DCFC in hot climates had an even higher rate of battery degradation. "

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What an interesting article dated Dec 8, 2023. OF note to those that live in the hotter states.

"A study of 6,000 electric vehicles found that batteries drain faster in hot climates than in warm ones. What's more, those who used DCFC in hot climates had an even higher rate of battery degradation. "

Same goes for extreme cold. They retain charge better, but charge slower. This isn't new info, this was already known from plenty of other battery powered devices.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
IMO, it must have been charging and the overcharge protection was defective.
Must be a whole lot of them. Hell even the golf carts are catching fire with these types of batteries. Its hard to fathom, so many "defective" protection circuits in so many different applications, EV cars, golf carts, EV Skateboards, . The only thing common is the batteries.,

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Must be a whole lot of them. Hell even the golf carts are catching fire with these types of batteries. Its hard to fathom, so many "defective" protection circuits in so many different applications, EV cars, golf carts, EV Skateboards, . The only thing common is the batteries.,
The big problems are that these batteries experience thermal runaway and the smoke/water runoff are very toxic.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We are already starting to see the refresh Model 3 roaming around here. The site is open for orders and they say they should start delivering as early as the end of this month.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Quality won't be any worse than Tesla no matter where they are built.
That doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies about the quality of their vehicles. The Teslas I've been in didn't seem that well built to me, but most modern vehicles seem to be made as cheaply as possible.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Kinda makes sense in such a small country that is only 148,729 sq miles as compared to the US at
3,119, 844.49 sq miles. or about the size of New Mexico in the US. And Norway doesn't
charge to charge your EV. And then there is the 50% rule in Norway.
Electric car sales are given a VAT exemption. A 50% rule also prevents counties and municipalities from charging more than 50% of the price of fossil fuel cars on ferries, public parking and toll roads. ZEV owners are also exempt from paying annual road traffic insurance tax.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Friendly reminder though it's only possible if people buy them.
Or if buying something else is no longer an option and if that happens, we're screwed.

I was trying to find a good chart that shows the cost of EV charging vs gasoline and it seems that the level of agreement is similar to that of economists, as in, none.

I saw a dead Tesla on the road during our recent storm- not something I want to experience.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis