cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
agreed, next 5-10 years should prove interesting .....
Yes it is. But I'm waiting for the repair horror stories, the "fine print" in the manufactures BS to where you almost have to get a lawyer to get your car/truck repaired under warranty.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
In Fla, voters don't have a say, its the Fla Public Service Commission that's approves the rates.
It'sa the same in WI but occasionally, the PSC denies the request for higher rates. However, they have allowed the rates to jump drastically in the last 10-15 years and even after changing to much more energy efficient lighting and appliances, our energy cost is high. WE Energies is a combination of the old Wisconsin Gas Co and Wisconsin Electric and, AFAIK, if their own largest natural gas buyer.

Such a deal.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It'sa the same in WI but occasionally, the PSC denies the request for higher rates. However, they have allowed the rates to jump drastically in the last 10-15 years and even after changing to much more energy efficient lighting and appliances, our energy cost is high. WE Energies is a combination of the old Wisconsin Gas Co and Wisconsin Electric and, AFAIK, if their own largest natural gas buyer.

Such a deal.
And ours even approves rate reductions :
Jun 13, 2023
PSC Approves FPL’s Fuel Cost Reduction

TALLAHASSEE — Customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) will soon see another reduction in their bill. Today, the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) approved an additional $359 million reduction to FPL’s 2023 fuel costs.

A reduction of approximately $256 million will be applied to customer bills from July to December 2023. The remaining $103 million reduction will be applied to FPL’s 2024 fuel cost recovery factors.
Beginning in July, an FPL residential customer bill for 1,000 kWh usage will be:
FPL: The current monthly 1,000 kWh residential bill of $139.95 will decrease to $136.00, a reduction of $3.95, or approximately 2.8 percent.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Friend of ours just bought a rivian. Pretty cool, looks alright. Kinda like a bronco lol. It’s not for me, but I like it.
A friend's husband has one too. I am not a big fan of the truck, but I do like the R1S SUV variant. Still probably not something I'd buy, but it looks better than the truck in person.

highfigh

highfigh

And ours even approves rate reductions :
Jun 13, 2023
PSC Approves FPL’s Fuel Cost Reduction

TALLAHASSEE — Customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) will soon see another reduction in their bill. Today, the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) approved an additional $359 million reduction to FPL’s 2023 fuel costs.

A reduction of approximately $256 million will be applied to customer bills from July to December 2023. The remaining $103 million reduction will be applied to FPL’s 2024 fuel cost recovery factors.
Beginning in July, an FPL residential customer bill for 1,000 kWh usage will be:
FPL: The current monthly 1,000 kWh residential bill of $139.95 will decrease to $136.00, a reduction of $3.95, or approximately 2.8 percent.
What is this utility rate reduction you write of? NEVER heard of it.

Our base rate is $.1665/KWh plus taxes and fees, so ~$.20/KWh. WE Energies has closed power plants because they weren't needed and the rates went up. They wanted to build a coal-fired power plant that wasn't needed, the residents in the area didn't want it, they were sued in an attempt to stop it and they built it anyway. The EPA fined them over a million dollars because the stacks didn't have enough scrubbers to remove particulates and they passed that on to us, too. Then, when they found that the revenue they were expecting wasn't coming, they applied (and got) a rate increase. Now, that plant is going to switch to Natural Gas and we'll pay for this expense, too.

One of my customers is dating someone who's pretty far up the food chain at We Energies and she thinks the CEO is an idiot. His only concern seems to be the dividends paid to the shareholders. Well done, well done.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What is this utility rate reduction you write of? NEVER heard of it.

Our base rate is $.1665/KWh plus taxes and fees, so ~$.20/KWh. WE Energies has closed power plants because they weren't needed and the rates went up. They wanted to build a coal-fired power plant that wasn't needed, the residents in the area didn't want it, they were sued in an attempt to stop it and they built it anyway. The EPA fined them over a million dollars because the stacks didn't have enough scrubbers to remove particulates and they passed that on to us, too. Then, when they found that the revenue they were expecting wasn't coming, they applied (and got) a rate increase. Now, that plant is going to switch to Natural Gas and we'll pay for this expense, too.

One of my customers is dating someone who's pretty far up the food chain at We Energies and she thinks the CEO is an idiot. His only concern seems to be the dividends paid to the shareholders. Well done, well done.
FPL's reduction to their 2023 fuel costs.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I read recently that GM & Ford are cutting back on EV production. Cart getting in front of the horse ?

IMO both companies have started out with their 'hype' in the wrong direction, should have begun with more affordable offerings, not ones where there initial capital investment equals large losses per vehicle.

This combined with mining companies recently announcing a cutback in mine investments might just push back Gov't timeline ??

highfigh

highfigh

FPL's reduction to their 2023 fuel costs.
We Energies jacked the rates last year by >17% and they want another double digit increase this year. I think it's time to audit that train wreck. Well, it's not a train wreck for the investors.....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just got off the line with our energy mafia...
After several months now with a smart meter, they were able to offer a rate plan comparison and with the EV on a TOU plan, we will save a projected $900 per year based on our usage since July '23.

I get that EVs are going through some growing pains. As adoption increases, small problems get magnified and are more readily apparent. (Tesla is the poster boy for this! :rolleyes: )

This is going to be a very important few years as new technologies (batteries, for example) roll out, as well as seeing how people adapt to the energy needs these vehicles require.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
with so many apartment / condos under construction everywhere.........

Oh yes that's becoming a major issues in a lot of cities,. Of Note in my state " In Florida, condominium associations are required by law to accommodate an owner’s request to enable EV charging; however, the cost for this accommodation can be charged to the owner. "

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
>>> Hertz is selling 20,000 used EVs due to high repair costs

The rental car company will replace them with gasoline-powered vehicles. …<<<

Saw that a few days ago. The plus side of that is they're selling those cars pretty cheap. Only the model 3 right now, but it sounds like the Polestar 2s will come soon (but they are pre 2024MY). As used cars, they would get a $4k tax credit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis