j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was reading another article about Hertz selling the Model 3s. It seems they're selling them to offset the cost of the additional 80K vehicles they ordered and are now bound to, so it isn't like they aren't offering EVs anymore; just recouping some of the costs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Panasonic slowing battery production this year citing slower expected sales. I am actually glad I waited a bit. EV stocks are getting battered. The price war is heavily in favor of the consumer. I see this year having potential to have some of the smaller manufacturers possibly get merged/bought. Mass consumers are still not ready to go full EV.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
has to manyWith the cold spell across the country last week and reading about peoples batteries being low and unable to move EV, you think I want an EV??? I live in Wisconsin. Then with the cold spell, car charging stations were all filled up. Then, with it being so cold, the batteries would take hours and hours to charge. No thank you for an EV. Hybrid....Yes. I think many have caught on that an EV as too many negatives. Then, what is the exact life of the batteries, when needing replacement??? Cost????? lol

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
now ,now Brandon won't be happy ! ;)
Not a Biden fan at all but anybody but Trump. A liar, a grifter, a sexual predator, multiple bankruptcies. But my most important dislike of this guy is how he views veterans. He according to his defensive chief of staff called them losers and suckers. Didn't want a disabled vet to be in one of his rallys because it would make him look bad. Trashed POW John McCain. A 5-time deferment with the last being bone spurs. I'm a USAF veteran and I don't understand how any vet could support him. And no member of his family ever served in the military. My Grandpa and my dad both served in the army and me in the air force. Sad how the Republican party and the Maga base has debased themselves to this guy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tesla also signals a slowing, but they were also shipping ridiculous numbers of vehicles. There are so many Teslas in this area it is like they are passing them out, which makes it far less attractive for me.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There is an Indian meat market next to our local cigar shop which is the go to spot for the local Indian folk to buy their goat meat. Without question 50% of them drive Teslas and last week during our little 5" snow storm they all trudged in wearing their flip flops ! Go figure ??

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Just read, Ford is reducing F150 Lightning production to boost gas vehicle output.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just read, Ford is reducing F150 Lightning production to boost gas vehicle output.
They aren't reducing in order to produce more ICE vehicles, they are reducing because of slow Lightning sales and the Mach-E doesn't qualify for the tax credit anymore, so they expect it to slow as well. In order to maintain sales, they have to fill in those slowdowns with ICE cars obviously. You can buy 2 F150s for the price of 1 Lightning. That means they have to build twice as many at their cost to hit their margin. The margin is probably lower on the Lighting though, due to the cost of components.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
They aren't reducing in order to produce more ICE vehicles, they are reducing because of slow Lightning sales and the Mach-E doesn't qualify for the tax credit anymore, so they expect it to slow as well. In order to maintain sales, they have to fill in those slowdowns with ICE cars obviously. That means they have to build twice as many at their cost to hit their margin. The margin is probably lower on the Lighting though, due to the cost of components.
OF course I didn't say they were reducing to produce more ICS vehicles. Like you noted its bceuase they just aren't selling EV's. They are putting money on something that sells, you can call it what you want, they are reducing production on the lightning to produce other gas trucks.
The Dearborn automaker said Friday it would add a third crew and create nearly 900 jobs at its Michigan assembly plant ( which assembles the Lightning) to increase production of gas-powered Bronco SUVs and Ranger pickups. .

Its not just Ford
" GM in October said it was abandoning a goal of building 400,000 EVs from 2022 through mid-2024 as it delays production of electric pickup trucks at its plant in Michigan's Orion Township by a year. GM also in October scrapped a $5 billion plan to jointly develop affordable EVs with Honda Motor "

All of this means one thing, the customer is not buying into this EV stuff like Marketing genies thought or should we say assumed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are many factors. China economy is slow, circling the drain. Infrastructure is not really ready for the amount of EVs they want the manufacturers to sell. The government instituted incentives and then hamstrung them because they saw that other countries, not just China, would benefit. Major cities have the ability to roll out the infrastructure, but small ones do not. I don't think anyone realistically envisioned things taking over quickly, but it will slowly grow and then something else will come along to be the new thing. EVs will probably never really dominate the market.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
OF course I didn't say they were reducing to produce more ICS vehicles. Like you noted its bceuase they just aren't selling EV's. They are putting money on something that sells, you can call it what you want, they are reducing production on the lightning to produce other gas trucks.
The Dearborn automaker said Friday it would add a third crew and create nearly 900 jobs at its Michigan assembly plant ( which assembles the Lightning) to increase production of gas-powered Bronco SUVs and Ranger pickups. .

Its not just Ford
" GM in October said it was abandoning a goal of building 400,000 EVs from 2022 through mid-2024 as it delays production of electric pickup trucks at its plant in Michigan's Orion Township by a year. GM also in October scrapped a $5 billion plan to jointly develop affordable EVs with Honda Motor "

All of this means one thing, the customer is not buying into this EV stuff like Marketing genies thought or should we say assumed.
I'll add the misfit Gov't genies to that list as well ! ;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'll add the misfit Gov't genies to that list as well ! ;)

Just got back to the house from Daytona ( 16 miles form the house) . The weather was rather toasty, So tomorrow more suntan lotion and a bigger brim hat. Ps: at least the vettes are still up there chasing the 911 at dark. But anything can happen during the dark.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Just got back to the house from Daytona ( 16 miles form the house) . The weather was rather toasty, So tomorrow more suntan lotion and a bigger brim hat. Ps: at least the vettes are still up there chasing the 911 at dark. But anything can happen during the dark.
Well its cloudy and cooler, The wife wants to hang around the house, so it is what it is.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well its cloudy and cooler, The wife wants to hang around the house, so it is what it is.
darn, and just think, your second career as a 'cub reporter' was just getting off the ground !

I see the #3 Corvette developed an oil issue ?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
darn, and just think, your second career as a 'cub reporter' was just getting off the ground !

I see the #3 Corvette developed an oil issue ?
Yes, plus , its got a little windy and its was cloudy until 11am. Chores called. But the vettes, need to buc up and get their stuff together.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis