GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
In order to learn any lessons, we have to really know what went on behind the scenes early in the pandemic, and why certain actions were taken.
Of course. I think that's what I said.

And before setting any policies to be better prepared for the next pandemic, it's advisable to fully understand everything that went on the last time. And I'm not confident at all that we know that.
But the GOP committee members don't appear to be interested in any of that. They're just slinging mud at Fauci.

And I don't really trust Fauci to tell the whole truth, anyway. He's slippery as a snake.
From what I've seen/read/heard, Fauci has been the model of integrity, so I don't think we will see eye to eye on that.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Yes pneumococcal immunization is important and while we are on the topic, make sure you get your shingles immunization, with Shingrex. Shingles is very nasty and can leave you in pain for the rest of your life. It can also blind you in an affected eye.
a good friend of mine had a recent bout of shingles. It chose his head unfortunately. And as you mentioned it went in to one of his eyes and temporarily blinded him. He was fortunate that when the shingles receded, his sight did return. But being a couple of weeks blinded in one eye and fearing for the other is a nasty situation.
His wife is vaccine phobic. She thinks vaccines are, well, nevermind what she thinks of them. But seing shingles up close she marched right down to a clinic and got vaccinated. She's phobic perhaps, but not stupid.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
From what I've seen/read/heard, Fauci has been the model of integrity,
There are some down this way that believe he angled his way to riches at the cost of the HIV and AIDS community.

And Martin Luther King was a hooker beater.

Some stuff about Biden, China and probably the Ukraine.

I can't keep up with it all but Donald Trump is a god.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The MAGA crowd isn't going to be happy till they have their pound of flesh, Fauci's disgrace. A good man who has dedicated his whole life to the elimination of infectious diseases in the US and the world. Instead of being thanked & honored for all his efforts during the pandemic to find a cure, he's still being hounded.

And we wonder why young, brilliant, idealistic medical students have no desire to go into government service anymore, after they get their degree's. Would you, if you had a choice?

A choice between helping your fellow citizens maintaining their good health, while being paid peanuts, as compared to the private sector, who will keep him & his family in excellent financial health. I'm amazed that we still have those idealistic doctors/scientists, who voluntarily go into government service, to begin with.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Anthony Fauci is not only a very good physician & scientist who specialized in infectious diseases & immunology, he's also a brilliant administrator. He ran the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases for 38 years, from 1984 to 2022. That goes from the early days of AIDS to a successful vaccine for Covid-19, spanning the presidencies of Reagan, George HW Bush, Clinton, W Bush, Obama, and Trump.

He's probably the best political survivor we've witnessed –and he was an excellent scientist too!

When Reagan was hospitalized for colon cancer surgery, Fauci teamed up with C. Everett Koop (Reagan's Surgeon General) to inform him that AIDS was caused by a virus – not a curse from God to punish gay men. In the White House, Nancy Reagan blocked all access to her husband unless she approved. While in the hospital, Koop could easily see him and talk about AIDS without Nancy blocking the door. Fauci understood he didn't have that authority, so he persuaded Koop to do it.

MAGA Congressmen can't come close to harming Fauci, without looking like the damn fools they really are, He's too smart – or they're too dumb for that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
a good friend of mine had a recent bout of shingles. It chose his head unfortunately. And as you mentioned it went in to one of his eyes and temporarily blinded him. He was fortunate that when the shingles receded, his sight did return. But being a couple of weeks blinded in one eye and fearing for the other is a nasty situation.
His wife is vaccine phobic. She thinks vaccines are, well, nevermind what she thinks of them. But seing shingles up close she marched right down to a clinic and got vaccinated. She's phobic perhaps, but not stupid.
I guess it has to be extremely close to one before they might come to their senses. Sad.
Was her husband the same before the illness?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

MAGA Congressmen can't come close to harming Fauci, without looking like the damn fools they really are, He's too smart – or they're too dumb for that.
I wish one brave person testifying pulls a Howard Hughes testifying before congress, if the movie "The Aviator" (2004) I saw was correct, put them in their place and walked out.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm guessing Wuhan was f--king around with a virus and something got out accidentally vs what Republicans like to conspiracy as intentional. Then bury what happened. Though who really knows. Of course all the lockdowns were questionable to put it lightly. Sadly people were going to die regardless, and you can't save every life. I think someone in the public needed to say this to the camera. Have the courage to. I don't remember anyone doing so. Someone should have been doing bed capacity at hospitals, identifying true covid hospitalizations etc to get an accurate assessment.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Anthony Fauci is not only a very good physician & scientist who specialized in infectious diseases & immunology, he's also a brilliant administrator. He ran the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases for 38 years, from 1984 to 2022. That goes from the early days of AIDS to a successful vaccine for Covid-19, spanning the presidencies of Reagan, George HW Bush, Clinton, W Bush, Obama, and Trump.

He's probably the best political survivor we've witnessed –and he was an excellent scientist too!

When Reagan was hospitalized for colon cancer surgery, Fauci teamed up with C. Everett Koop (Reagan's Surgeon General) to inform him that AIDS was caused by a virus – not a curse from God to punish gay men. In the White House, Nancy Reagan blocked all access to her husband unless she approved. While in the hospital, Koop could easily see him and talk about AIDS without Nancy blocking the door. Fauci understood he didn't have that authority, so he persuaded Koop to do it.

Agree, there is not a person in Congress that can even talk the same language as Fauci. All I see and hear in Congress these days is lets blame someone who's ideas are not ours, or lets stab them in the back, or, well you get it. And yep Congress is full of Fools, replace them all as none it seems have done anything worthwhile in years and years and years but complain about the other party.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Agree, there is not a person in Congress that can even talk the same language as Fauci. All I see and hear in Congress these days is lets blame someone who's ideas are not ours, or lets stab them in the back, or, well you get it. And yep Congress is full of Fools, replace them all as none it seems have done anything worthwhile in years and years and years but complain about the other party.
The Republican House has quite a bit of political theater. It's difficult for me to care what real problems they might be trying to seek.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think the $719 million in royalties is worth investigating. However, it's MTG so what merit goes out the window. She uses headlines from the NY Post lol. If the key speakers are Cancun Cruz and Jim Jordan it's pretty well lost. Plus when MTG said masks and 6 ft apart, well no it wasn't verifiable science. It was likely a common sense solution. She doesn't provide an alternative and instead says our kids are being abused. Woman is such a loser.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I'm guessing Wuhan was f--king around with a virus and something got out accidentally vs what Republicans like to conspiracy as intentional. Then bury what happened. Though who really knows. Of course all the lockdowns were questionable to put it lightly. Sadly people were going to die regardless, and you can't save every life. I think someone in the public needed to say this to the camera. Have the courage to. I don't remember anyone doing so. Someone should have been doing bed capacity at hospitals, identifying true covid hospitalizations etc to get an accurate assessment.
It seems to me that Trump was the one person who actually did that when the pandemic first broke out. I remember that, during a press availability, he was asked something about if he was going to take the advice of Fauci and the doctors about shutting down the country. To which he answered, "No", and went on to say that if he only listened to the doctors, we wouldn't have an economy left, which, of course, was correct. Most politicians would not have even given a direct answer to such a question, as they are so trained in the art of deflection.

With regard to your comment that "you can't save every life", that's exactly right, yet we proceeded with stringent lock downs as if that was going to be possible. They locked everyone down in places like NYC, which resulted in cooping multi-generational families into tiny apartments -- what did they think was going to happen? What happened is that they all caught covid in short order and the elderly got slaughtered, with the area hospitals overflowing.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You said so many things in your post that are simply wrong, it’s hard to know where to begin correcting them. I’ll try anyway.
I'm guessing Wuhan was f--king around with a virus and something got out accidentally vs what Republicans like to conspiracy as intentional. Then bury what happened. Though who really knows.
That’s just wrong, wrong, wrong. The only part you got right was, “though who really knows?” All the rest is pure speculation, without any evidence that might support – or refute it.

The following info has been published by reputable scientific journals that review and verify before publishing anything. The MAGA crazies who occasionally post here, only cite trash journals that pose at being scientific.

I don’t expect you to have read any of these scientific papers, but I or others have discussed them on this thread. It’s a very long thread to read, but you should know about these posts before you post such obviously wrong BS.

What Do We Know?
There is no evidence at all that any virus leak occurred at the Wuhan Virus Inst. And, equally important, there is no evidence at all that it didn’t happen. Don’t guess or speculate when so little is actually known. Blaming anyone for what is not known is not possible. But it is foolish.
  • There is a fair amount of DNA evidence pointing to the Wuhan fresh market as the most likely place where the break out began in December 2019. This indirect evidence does suggest that a small wild animal was infected by a Corona virus, died from it in the market, and the virus quickly spread to other live animals & humans. This market is the first location with detectable virus DNA evidence, and therefore we can only conclude that other unknown events might have preceded this. We’ll probably never know more than this.

• Other hard evidence shows that a highly similar Corona virus had already infected patients in a cancer treatment clinical trial going on in Italy during the summer of 2019. These people did not seem to have Covid-19 symptoms, but they might have been masked by their ongoing colon cancer. This doesn’t tell us that the source of the pandemic was in Italy, but it does show that it might have existed long before the Wuhan Market incident in China.

• Less direct evidence from Spain shows Covid-19-like DNA was found in sewage water samples, as early as the spring of 2019.

• There is also plenty of good DNA evidence that a Covid-19 virus strain coming from Europe infected East Coast USA cities. Cities on the West Coast showed DNA from an Asian virus strain. Were there at least two different sources of virus? How far had they spread before coming to the USA?

• None of this is direct evidence of where & when the breakout first happened, but it does clearly demonstrate that it easily could have happened somewhere other than China, well before December 2019.
What Don’t We Know?
China has been totally unwilling to release any information. We don’t know why. It’s totally wrong to assume you do know their intentions. But the MAGA wing-nuts never let that get in the way of their rabid conclusions.

Therefore, in the absence of any further info, we can be certain of very little.
Of course all the lockdowns were questionable to put it lightly. Sadly people were going to die regardless, and you can't save every life. I think someone in the public needed to say this to the camera. Have the courage to. I don't remember anyone doing so.
The lock downs may not have been popular, but they were clearly needed to prevent more spread and more deaths than actually did happen. Public Health history shows lock downs were absolutely needed because we had no other treatment options before the vaccines were ready. That these vaccines were produced and tested in about one year is miraculously fast. (Anthony Fauci is largely responsible for that.) It should be no surprise that many of those who opposed lock downs also denied any danger from a virus pandemic, and went berserk about the vaccines.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I think the $719 million in royalties is worth investigating. However, it's MTG so what merit goes out the window. She uses headlines from the NY Post lol. If the key speakers are Cancun Cruz and Jim Jordan it's pretty well lost. Plus when MTG said masks and 6 ft apart, well no it wasn't verifiable science. It was likely a common sense solution. She doesn't provide an alternative and instead says our kids are being abused. Woman is such a loser.
The woman is crazy as a bedbug, as we used to say.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This woman should have been kicked out of Congress a long time ago. A perfect example of what pure worthless looks like.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
This woman should have been kicked out of Congress a long time ago. A perfect example of what pure worthless looks like.
Well, it doesn't work that way. Like her or not, the voters in her district elected her, and they can unelect her if they want.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well, it doesn't work that way. Like her or not, the voters in her district elected her, and they can unelect her if they want.
You seem to have forgotten, Congress got rid of others and the voters had zip to say about it. Santos was the last one.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately, the global response could have been even faster if Chinese authorities hadn't tried to hide it from everyone including jailing reporters who first started to report on it. At least it is a faster response than in the past, but still the failures on the local level to quash reporting resulted in it getting out to several other countries. With global trade and transportation so quick, the human race will face issues with such diseases often.

As Davante Adams of the Green Bay Packers said when discussing the flu in the locker room: "Wash your hands and wash your butts."
I said it before, but Taiwan already knew it was a real issue in November 2019. I was there for a week at the time and there were already signs up stating that if you have ANY flu-like symptoms, to seek medical attention immediately. At the time I thought it was just flu-season awareness, but in hindsight, they knew.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis