Bi-amping Denon X1300W and Klipsch RP-280F

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I remember some stuff about eco mode but not a lot, but it is a limitation that I just find not necessary. I've never tried to see if it runs cooler that way but I utilize a fan for the 4700 due its limited space. My old 919 basically went up in smoke tho.
I’m using eco on my old 2015 model Denon AVR-X4200W and it’s a little cooler when on. Since it’s on auto it turns off above -30 but much of our listening is below -30. I have fans on top, though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m using eco on my old 2015 model Denon AVR-X4200W and it’s a little cooler when on. Since it’s on auto it turns off above -30 but much of our listening is below -30. I have fans on top, though.
I just tried using Eco on the 4700, it lets me go to reference volume in both on and auto modes.....is it supposed to cut off at a specific point like -30? Or am I missing a setting?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I just tried using Eco on the 4700, it lets me go to reference volume in both on and auto modes.....is it supposed to cut off at a specific point like -30? Or am I missing a setting?
When going louder past -30 I hear a relay clicking after some seconds. My AVR volume is at -40 when powering on so fairly easy to hear the relay clicking.

You can turn the volume up high even eco is on but power output is lower. This for my 2015 year model.

P

Petrolhead

Audiophyte
According to the Specs from Klipsch these speakers are very efficient at 98dB @ 2.83V / 1m. (About one watt.) That means they don't need a much power to get really Loud.

I'm guessing that @Petrolhead is driving them too hard, and is into Clipping and may have damaged them if the duration was too long. Get a Sound Meter and see what the level is 3 feet away from the speaker just as it starts to distort. If you don't have a meter, use a free App on a Cell phone. Please advise the level you obtain and we can go from there.
I did a test. So with the previous settings problem seems to be detectable from after about 95dB. With crossover setting set to 80Hz and speakers set to small i tried increases the volume to «80» and then they did 100dB, and that is enough. seems to work fine.

So Everett’s sugestions were nice and awesome. Thank you!

But as others have suggested I think I will lower my expectations as I feel this is on the limit of what this system can do and look at another amplifier and speakers like the RF7. Let’s say I could play at a little under 100dB, that would be perfect

P

Petrolhead

Audiophyte
Iirc, @PENG explained it very nicely. I use eco mode on my Marantz, but I also use a 250wpc amp for my mains. The main reason I do use eco, is just so it runs cooler. I think sometimes too much is made about temps. I have an older pioneer 1019 that I think would blister you if you touched it and it’s always been fine.
I also think OP should try 60-80hz set to small. I think the AVR is struggling.
I run ECO off, but it seems like power level meter falls of to the same as ECO if the amp runs hot

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis