Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
The HSU review has been completed and is under peer review. It should post on Wednesday of next week.
Talk about caving in to pressure :D :p.

I think you should post the FW review first after waiting the full 2 weeks as originally posted. Then 2 weeks later posting Hsu. You'd have members having anxiety attacks and melting their keyboards.

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic

I think you should post the FW review first after waiting the full 2 weeks as originally posted. Then 2 weeks later posting Hsu. You'd have members having anxiety attacks and melting their keyboards.
lol, I want to see the FWs review too, I already know how the 15H sounds.

G

gajenn

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to see them both and the conclusion of the listeners already, this is really draggin out.. but is appreciated nontheless.

C

clouso

Banned
lol, I want to see the FWs review too, I already know how the 15H sounds.
Sputter i see you everywhere..on hsu forum praising about the vtf-15h on avs and here!...now since you already own it tell us about the vtf-15h......

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Well the FW sub is the real unknown here and likely the sub in which people are most curious to learn about. We know he is very well respected by the DIY crowd over at AVS and other forums. I'm sure everybody will like to see how well the FW12 using the 12" LMS measures comparatively speaking to commercial subs and drivers that are bigger physically....:)

I know, I am...:D

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
i get a sense that the funkywaves review will complain about pro amps instead of integrated plate amps.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
i get a sense that the funkywaves review will complain about pro amps instead of integrated plate amps.
Well that was a pet peeve of mine...and because the FW12 uses a slotted port the only other option was to side mount the amp, which I was not crazy about. I know for sure he'll get very high marks for the actual build.....IMO the other don't even come close!

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
or do you really own it?..pics pls......
I have pictures posted in my gallery at blu-ray.com also at the HSU website.

I'm quite liking it. I have a fairly large room at 4100 cu ft. I like the looks,the Rosenut looks very nice. The various modes offer some interesting flexibilty. (if you're into that type of thing)
With my SMS-1 i'm able to get exactly the way I like it. I'm going to pass on making subjective sound descriptions as they are just subjective.

Bottom line, it makes me smile.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

I'm quite liking it. I have a fairly large room at 4100 cu ft. I like the looks,the Rosenut looks very nice. The various modes offer some interesting flexibilty. (if you're into that type of thing)
With my SMS-1 i'm able to get exactly the way I like it. I'm going to pass on making subjective sound descriptions as they are just subjective.

Huh...you're just a little east of me....:cool:. Did you ever get that final bill from Fed Ex...:D

C

clouso

Banned

saw the pics...very nice!....my tracking numbers says estimated date delivery feb 7th...thats gonna be so long!...lol

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
I noticed it cost an additional $450.00 Cdn for all shipping charges....:eek:.

PS: Well I'm Glad I bought Canadian....:p
You're right, it wasn't cheap to ship. You have to consider that a third of that was taxes though. (which you'd have to pay no matter where you bought it).
Though, FW is out west right? How much was it to ship here? (you can pm me if you'd rather).

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
You're right, it wasn't cheap to ship. You have to consider that a third of that was taxes though. (which you'd have to pay no matter where you bought it).
Though, FW is out west right? How much was it to ship here? (you can pm me if you'd rather).
I had mentioned the cost in another thread but the attached shipping document states ~$89.25 cdn. The price he quoted me was to my door and I didn't have to worry about the cross border hit.

Its too bad us Canuks don't give him give him some consideration....instead of running to the states and taking a 50% it afterwards. :(

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
I had mentioned the cost in another thread but the attached shipping document states ~$89.25 cdn. The price he quoted me was to my door and I didn't have to worry about the cross border hit.

Its too bad us Canuks don't give him give him some consideration....instead of running to the states and taking a 50% it afterwards. :(
I understand your point. For me, I only heard of them a few weeks ago.
I'm sure if they perform well in this review it will only help them to get noticed.
A) you can't buy what you don't know.
B) not enough information on these guys yet. (not that i've seen)
C) the subs I looked on their site are just as pricey as mine shipped.
D) i'd like to see more info posted on the FWs site.

Depending on which one you own, I bet you paid close to,the same or more.
A track record plays into the overall purchase as well.

As I said before,i'm looking forward to the FWs review. (I can always use another sub :) )

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja

i payed something like 120 shipping + duty just for my DRIVER

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I understand your point. For me, I only heard of them a few weeks ago.
I'm sure if they perform well in this review it will only help them to get noticed.
A) you can't buy what you don't know.
B) not enough information on these guys yet. (not that i've seen)
C) the subs I looked on their site are just as pricey as mine shipped.
D) i'd like to see more info posted on the FWs site.

Depending on which one you own, I bet you paid close to,the same or more.
A track record plays into the overall purchase as well.

As I said before,i'm looking forward to the FWs review. (I can always use another sub :) )
A) I understand your point. I'm glad Gene allowed for his participation in this shootout and a bigger thank you to Matt who encouraged it.
B&D) The site seems like a work in progress...he said more infromation will be added in the upcoming months...fwiw the site has been revamped recently.
C) Yes they are and I thought that way too. But he is a custom builder first and foremost and will work with you if you have a budget?

No... I bought my sub from his specials section located on the website and I received a great deal. The Fw12x that is now sale will cost less then any sub in this current shootout. IMO...some lucky person will scoop it up pretty soon...if it hasn't sold already and put the saving in our own pocket instead of the courier's both here and the US.

Okay...I'm off my soap now back to the waiting game....:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis