Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
I agree 100%. I understand the desire to submit a quality review but it shouldn't take this long.
I'm still betting that they are trying to find a way to spin the reviews to keep the SVS on top because all the subs are decent.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I'm still betting that they are trying to find a way to spin the reviews to keep the SVS on top because all the subs are decent.
Well with Axioms departure...I'm sure there is a open slot for another very large ID speaker/sub designer to fill that void.

Just my 2 cents....

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
You're jumping to the wrong conclusion. SVS and AH at one point, not too long ago were not on good terms. That may have and has probably changed in the meantime, but concluding or inferring that SVS has a favored status disparages both parties. Why don't you patiently wait until the process is complete. As I've said before, I doubt if there's going to be a large variance in these subs capabilities. When and if a clear winner is published, then there will doubtless be logical reasons for the conclusion.

G

gajenn

Audioholic Intern
wasn't the rythmic review supposed to be posted today? come on guys, waiting is taking forever now....

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
They did name the SVS sub as sub of the year.
That was before they tested the others. They published the SVS review, the rest are MIA. :eek:
I think you're right, the differences won't be large.
I think naming the SVS as sub of the year was premature. (perhaps that's what they found)

You're jumping to the wrong conclusion. SVS and AH at one point, not too long ago were not on good terms. That may have and has probably changed in the meantime, but concluding or inferring that SVS has a favored status disparages both parties. Why don't you patiently wait until the process is complete. As I've said before, I doubt if there's going to be a large variance in these subs capabilities. When and if a clear winner is published, then there will doubtless be logical reasons for the conclusion.

Matt34

Matt34

It's posted, ya'll can quit yer crying now.;)

Well, at least for another two weeks.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
They did name the SVS sub as sub of the year.
That was before they tested the others. They published the SVS review, the rest are MIA. :eek:
I think you're right, the differences won't be large.
I think naming the SVS as sub of the year was premature. (perhaps that's what they found)
Premature? It was subwoofer of the year for 2010. This is 2011, and any new thing was not in consideration for the award at the end of last year.

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
You can all breath a sigh of relief, the Rythmik review is posted:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/rythmik-fv15hp

Seriously some of you need another hobby, girlfriend or both :eek:
Seriously, nice review. This is like the 20 yr old sophomore at the combines who runs a 4.10 Forty. The rythmik site might be slow today.

I hope that the HSU is next because I have the money burning a hole in my safe, and these are the two that I was interested in.

Now I can get out and find a hobby, for at least another two weeks. ;)

C

clouso

Banned
My choice is already made what ever the reviews will say..not to disminish the work of the guys here but what i mean is that im ordering the HSU VTF-15H this week anyway....i have also had AWESOME costumer support since a week with HSU RESEARCH....i am sold on the vtf-15h....

B

bobr1952

Audiophyte
I am anxious to read the HSU review as well and I too am impressed with their customer support. I emailed a couple of companies and HSU was exceptional in their response--a reply on recommendations for my room from Dr Hsu the next day--it was actually answered that same night. Then a follow up the next day was also answered immediately. I think the 15H is the best choice for my room but the ULS-15 is appealing to me as well.

C

clouso

Banned
I am anxious to read the HSU review as well and I too am impressed with their customer support. I emailed a couple of companies and HSU was exceptional in their response--a reply on recommendations for my room from Dr Hsu the next day--it was actually answered that same night. Then a follow up the next day was also answered immediately. I think the 15H is the best choice for my room but the ULS-15 is appealing to me as well.
the ULS is a very good choice also....i dont think either of us would go wrong with an HSU...honestly...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you want big output, go with the VTF-15H. The ULS is a terrific sub but it won't have the monster output of the VTF-15H, it wasn't designed to, its all about compact size, sound quality, and flat FR down to 15 hz. You would need two to equal a VTF-15H.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
HSU Review is Coming!

The HSU review has been completed and is under peer review. It should post on Wednesday of next week.

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
The HSU review has been completed and is under peer review. It should post on Wednesday of next week.
I can feel my pants move, (cause of the $, dirty minds) I have $1600 in my right pocket and it is wanting to get spent. :) How did I get to this point, I sold 2 amps, 1 receiver, 2 sets of speakers and my HSU 3.3, and I even paid a few bills. And why? I want the few hairs left on my bald head to move and sway. (sorry, I am bored)

I am only interested in this review and of course the FV15HP. Mainly HT with a smidgen of music thrown in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis