Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data Compilation & Report

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i tried it again (without clearing cache or doing anything) and it's there now.

i guess there was a delay for me.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Steve (and anyone else with your issue), check out this page from Microsoft where it discusses downloading the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack that will let you open Excel 2007 files in earlier versions. It's worked great for me.
Downloaded and installed but it says it failed to convert the file ... oh well.

Steve

GranteedEV: I'm on my work machine so I limit my software installs to keep it very lean (and clean) so openoffice isn't really an option.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
No crap. Get two of these and help with room modes and 6dB more output.
up to +3dB if not co-located and up to +6dB if colocated. This is highly frequency dependent of course.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Downloaded and installed but it says it failed to convert the file ... oh well.
Dang. Steve, try the attached file. I use OpenOffice on my Mac (which I'm on right now), but I saved it as an .xls file. I zipped it so that I could attach it.

Gene, you may want to include two attachments: an .xlsx and an .xls version.

Attachments

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Dang. Steve, try the attached file. I use OpenOffice on my Mac (which I'm on right now), but I saved it as an .xls file. I zipped it so that I could attach it.

Gene, you may want to include two attachments: an .xlsx and an .xls version.
Man, I've never had such problems with a file before ... that didn't work either Alex but thanks for the file.

lol, someone have a pdf version? :eek:

Steve

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I've never been so flattered. :D
Oh man, my bad .... :eek:

Steve

BTW, the new file didn't work either ... I'm starting to wonder if it's related to downloading from this site or my IE settings. I'm going to do some testing on a few other sites and see if the files get messed up.

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster

Wait.. Have we been missing out on two gems, the Bic-Pl200 and the PA-150? Are those output reading right or am I missing or reading something wrong.
I've been dismissing Bic and PA for awhile thinking at such cheap prices and the fact you can get them at BUY.COM means they are total garbage.. But With this chart, I'm having second thoughts about investing in a SVS sub.

If possible can Audioholics get the BIC Acoustech and Premier Acoustic Titanium line of speakers in for review?
For folks that are on a budget, speakers from these two companies may we up our ally.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This may be one of the best projects done in a while. The level of professionalism makes me proud to be an active member of this forum.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Wait.. Have we been missing out on two gems, the Bic-Pl200 and the PA-150? Are those output reading right or am I missing or reading something wrong.
I've been dismissing Bic and PA for awhile thinking at such cheap prices and the fact you can get them at BUY.COM means they are total garbage.. But With this chart, I'm having second thoughts about investing in a SVS sub.

If possible can Audioholics get the BIC Acoustech and Premier Acoustic Titanium line of speakers in for review?
For folks that are on a budget, speakers from these two companies may we up our ally.
Wow, I honestly didn't pay much attention to that data since we didn't have reviews done. I will see if I can contact them. Impressive!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Speak for yourself:) I have over the years put in a dozen BIC-PL200's and it's predecessor the BIC H100. If you are on a budget that is my go to sub.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here's a properly formatted .pdf version of the spreadsheet :p
Hope this helps
Awesome. I tried unsuccessfully to do that. Would you volunteer to do this each time we update the excel file?

C

Compadre

Audiophyte
Excellent compilation of years (in man-hours) of work ! All the info in one place
Highly appreciated !!

p.s: I didn't expect PA-150 (sold for under $400) to be such bang for the buck
I have yet to hear both the PA-150 or PL200, but since I am a Def Tech guy these two not only match the Dec Tech style, I bet too it will sound wonderful.
I hear great things about the PA-120 which is a little brother of the PA 150, however only worries for me is the amp :(

BICs been around forever and it seems that the PL200 would be a better buy / quality for longer term purchase / reliable. :)

~ but I could be wrong.

Also thanks Gene for the wonderful file you shared with us. It sure will help memeber on here to get most bang for the buck ($).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All;

I just uploaded the latest test data as a zip file containing the Excel spreadsheet and a PDF version courtesy of Haraldo. It's on the first post for this thread. Let me know if there are any issues opening it.

If anyone knows of a FREE Zip program, please also send me a link. I keep using the trial version of WinZip b/c people have complained of incompatibility issues using a generic Zip program. thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis