Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data Compilation & Report

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I don't know that an excel version of the compilation is posted anywhere, but here's the most up to date PDF:
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/e-sub-e110-e112/Audioholics Excel compilation-041014.pdf
This is what I'm referencing:
NOTE: If you are having problems downloading the EXCEL spreadsheet in the main article, I attached it as a Zip File here. Also attached is a PDF version of this file for those that don't have Excel.
I'm not seeing that file available anywhere, though. It'd be nice to have the Excel version so I could do quick comparisons via filter. It beats looking back and forth between pages on the PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I stopped uploading excel files b/c too many people complained they couldn't open it. So it's all PDF now.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General

Bummer! Would you consider providing both, for those who would like to be able to use excel to sort/filter for quick comparison?

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General

Thank you, sir. :)

S

Sams

Junior Audioholic
2 large rated subwoofers equal an extreme rated subwoofer, correct? Since you get an additional +6db(averaged/not linear)

Last edited:
T

Turkeybaster

Enthusiast
Hey Gene, any chance we could get an update to the data compilation? its about a year old and there are some side by side results that I would like to see.

Thanks!!!!

R

Razi Rahman

Audiophyte
Help me understand the 4th page of the excel document.

Are the subwoofers listed as certified, mean that those subwoofers should be able to achieve appropriate SPL for home theater for that size room? Basically this is the summary of the findings and recommended subs for each room size correct?

K

KallyCoda

Enthusiast
By now you've seen the numerous subwoofer reviews we've published using our new Powered Subwoofer Test and Room Size Rating protocol. Audioholics.com has invested a great deal of resources measuring and analyzing subwoofers over the last few years. As a result we have created the industry's most comprehensive testing procedure and database of tabulated measurement results. Our tests adhere to our strict testing methodology which is also compliant to the CEA-2010 Subwoofer Measurement Standard whenever practical. In this article, we will take you on a tour of our Excel Spreadsheet measurement results called "Audioholics CEA-2010 Subwoofer Measurement Data". It is our hope that the reader can achieve a better understanding of what all the data means for a more informed purchasing decision by making objective apples-apples comparisons between various tested products.

Discuss "Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data Compilation & Report" here. Read the article.

NOTE: If you are having problems downloading the EXCEL spreadsheet in the main article, I attached it as a Zip File here. Also attached is a PDF version of this file for those that don't have Excel.

I will replace and update as more test data becomes available.
Really appreciate the hard work and sharing of data. Ordinarily, I'm not a data junkie because I find it suspect but your measurements look to be in a controlled environment. They also support my thinking that SVS subs outperform Hsu subs! Don't get offended anyone please. It's always a matter of ear preference. But nice to see some empirical data out there!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Really appreciate the hard work and sharing of data. Ordinarily, I'm not a data junkie because I find it suspect but your measurements look to be in a controlled environment. They also support my thinking that SVS subs outperform Hsu subs! Don't get offended anyone please. It's always a matter of ear preference. But nice to see some empirical data out there!
I wouldn't say that SVS outperforms Hsu subs. They have different performance targets. They each have their strengths.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
I wouldn't say that SVS outperforms Hsu subs. They have different performance targets. They each have their strengths.
Especially at the $1000 mark, what dollar amount does it take to outperform the $1000 Hsu sub? The 4000 series ? PB-4000 is $1.900,
Ill take my Hsu VTF 15k mk2 for $1050 anyday and put that $900 elsewhere.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis