Ascend Acoustic Ribbon Towers

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just to fill the "it could be worse" niche:
Imagine you find a great deal on a pair of used Phil3's (could be any discontinued speaker that you covet) say $2000/pr plus $250 shipping.
One arrives earlier, like yours did.
The other one shows up a day later busted all to hell!
So now you have one Phil3 and after some hassle (assuming it was insured for $1000 - since that was the cost) a reimbursement check for $1000.
Think how bad this would suck! A single speaker, and long odds on finding a single one (long odds of finding another pair, but really long odds of finding a single)!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's only a 5 hour drive!
each way? :p

That's like me driving from the North Bay to Santa Clarita to hang at Ascend for an afternoon! #facepalm (Yeah, that's like an 8 hour drive... each way.)
:cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
each way?

That's like me driving from the North Bay to Santa Clarita to hang at Ascend for an afternoon! #facepalm (Yeah, that's like an 8 hour drive... each way.)
When did Ascend move to Santa Clarita? :) San Clemente is a bit further from you ;) maybe 8 hours in pandemic conditions ! More than that more likely :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
When did Ascend move to Santa Clarita? :) San Clemente is a bit further from you ;) maybe 8 hours in pandemic conditions ! More than that more likely :)
D'Oh!
Got my CA 'San'-s and 'Cl'-s all mixed up!

At least I was in the basic geographic location and didn't say Santa Clara!

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
You’ll need to let us (well,me) know how you end up set up (distance, toe in).
I had been using the opening track from Roger Waters Amused to Death. Get the toe in just right and the dog barking seems to come from the surround R speaker. I had it, but they got moved when my wife vac’d and I unfortunately haven’t found that particular angle again; got too frustrated to keep trying :mad:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How long you been a Californicator now?
Too long... and not long enough! ;)

I was in The City long enough to "be a local," but up here... it'll take another 10 for that, I think!

(All told, been in CA since August '98.) (Damn. Almost half my life! F' me gently with a chainsaw.)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Too long... and not long enough! ;)

I was in The City long enough to "be a local," but up here... it'll take another 10 for that, I think!

(All told, been in CA since August '98.) (Damn. Almost half my life! F' me gently with a chainsaw.)
I have some more Californicator history I guess. My dad was born in California (1930), as were my brother and sister, I was born in Nevada but somewhat grew up in SoCal until I was 4, then Illinois for a while before returning to the west coast in 70. I lived in The City from 1971 to 2008 for the most part (and spent some time in other locales, like the Sierras, except for periods of time here and there, but almost always maintained residence in the bay area). I have heard of Santa Clarita and it is much larger than when I mostly hung out in SoCal it seems....but never been there but a brief drive thru with my brother maybe 6-7 years ago....my brother has remained in socal.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
each way? :p

Yeah, each way. I figure if I drive out I'll spend the night, check out the facilities in the morning, drive home in the afternoon and set my speakers up that night! Ambitious? Maybe, but hey, what can I say when I've been waiting for months.

I'm guessing that @Pogre is enjoying his new speakers as we all sit here wondering what he's doing with them!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm guessing that @Pogre is enjoying his new speakers as we all sit here wondering what he's doing with them!
Ummm... I think he caught one glimpse of that shiny new port on back of one... Figured he’d try to see things from @Danzilla31 ‘s perspective.

:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p

I have no shame. ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, each way. I figure if I drive out I'll spend the night, check out the facilities in the morning, drive home in the afternoon and set my speakers up that night! Ambitious? Maybe, but hey, what can I say when I've been waiting for months.

Yeah @Pogre!!! What the hell???

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They look so tiny compared to the Ultras!

IMG_1338_copy_1008x756.jpg
411_copy_960x720.jpeg

They don't sound tiny tho!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There was definitely something negative going on between room correction and my Ultras in the bass region. Audyssey seems to like the Sierras a lot better. Totally different set of adjustments.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis