Are These Finds Good Deals?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
How far do you sit from the screen? I'm at 15' and could still use a larger screen for gaming. Sometimes I pull out the office chair so I can sit close enough to see smaller details.
I might be around 12ft or so. I'd have to measure to be sure.

I have a unique room where there is a gap in a corner and it goes deep. It allows me to have the tv stand, tv and my towers and room behind for my sub and AMPs but not as much width as I'd like. So I can't go as big on TV as Id like to. I can go up to 70 which is what I had before I got the 65 OLED. If I had more space I'd have bought 75 and would have bigger towers right now most likely. The infinity R263's work well in that space as they are fairly narrow and perform relatively well.

Anyways, the prices keep going down so the 85+ might be in your reach soon :) Just a matter of how much quality you want to invest in vs. maybe pick up a cheaper one on sale just for fun

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I might be around 12ft or so. I'd have to measure to be sure.

I have a unique room where there is a gap in a corner and it goes deep. It allows me to have the tv stand, tv and my towers and room behind for my sub and AMPs but not as much width as I'd like. So I can't go as big on TV as Id like to. I can go up to 70 which is what I had before I got the 65 OLED. If I had more space I'd have bought 75 and would have bigger towers right now most likely. The infinity R263's work well in that space as they are fairly narrow and perform relatively well.

Anyways, the prices keep going down so the 85+ might be in your reach soon :) Just a matter of how much quality you want to invest in vs. maybe pick up a cheaper one on sale just for fun
Yeah, I just posted in the TCL thread. $1600 for 85" is definitely getting closer to the mark.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to message this guy just to point out what a douche he is. A Rythmik FVX15 for $1175, used.

A whopping $125 under retail. They sell for $1299 brand new!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I want to message this guy just to point out what a douche he is. A Rythmik FVX15 for $1175, used.

But no waiting! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Before
IMG_22082021_112826_(2200_x_1492_pixel).jpg
IMG_22082021_112852_(2000_x_1356_pixel).jpg

After
IMG_22082021_112916_(1238_x_2200_pixel).jpg
IMG_22082021_112941_(1238_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Testing with The White Album and Elvis for percussion and cymbals to hear highs and bass as well. High on a shelf, so that's why I turned them upside down to check tweeters. Both are working, phew. More later. Its safe to assume that these are awesome so far, especially after cleaning and price. Mark do you own these?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Before
View attachment 49856View attachment 49857
After
View attachment 49858View attachment 49859
Testing with The White Album and Elvis for percussion and cymbals to hear highs and bass as well. High on a shelf, so that's why I turned them upside down to check tweeters. Both are working, phew. More later. Its safe to assume that these are awesome so far, especially after cleaning and price. Mark do you own these?
I’ve never had this line myself but a friend had the big towers 4 of them in a home theater setup and a set of these as rear surrounds. They have a very wide soundstage as I remember and the horn waveguide is an experimental waveguide that I’ve read led to the waveguide horns that are used in the present day synthesis lineups with compression drivers. They will serve you well as surround or front height speakers and will voice match with your 520’s I’d say . Good find !!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I see these on eBay a lot that go for well over 130.00 a pair you got a steal on these and they cleaned up really nice too enjoy .

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The way they cleaned up is another great score. I never see speakers like that at the Goodwill. ;_;

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic

do it do it
we all wanna know the replies
;)

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Thrift store find never been in this store before they repo stuff and sell everything you can imagine . The place was pretty messy but when I found these I sorted pretty quick. All these for 5 bucks 3 were never opened the raiders of the lost ark collection all 4 movies is worth 5 bucks .
wait, what?
thrift store, repo stuff?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Before
View attachment 49856View attachment 49857
After
View attachment 49858View attachment 49859
Sh1t dude, we're gonna start calling you "The JBL Whisperer!"

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys! These are sure keepers. My intention was to sell them and make some extra change, but after I heard the ((Clarity)) and ((Bass))) output? These ain't going no where. There is great superb imaging and soundstage. This were straight ahead and no angle either and Elvis was right in the middle singing his heart out. Not many speakers can do that. I have a couple of that took long to get that imaging and soundstage. They are not super bright like one person mentioned in a review of a dozen. Yes I've always liked the tuning of JBL speakers, but some that weren't great either. Pogre, Mark, Eppie and KVN what a fun hobby to have at these prices I tell ya. Thank you for your encouragement fellas!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My tv is a TCL 4 series and I'm very happy with it for what I paid. I think I got it for $699 new, and it's 75". I know there's better out there but I've always been more music-centric and for the budget I couldn't find any better in that size. It was a nice upgrade from what I had in both size and pq tho.

Some might argue it's better to go smaller on a budget for higher quality, but in my case size is a big factor. Even at 75" my tv is still undersized for the distance I sit.

That said, I'm about due for another upgrade. Been a while since I've done any price checking on newer tv tech...
Mine is the older 2018 model. I got the colors, contrast and sharpness to my liking. It produces decent to just ok blacks but not as great as my Vizio M series, which is top notch on a budget TV. The colors looks great and poppy. I really think I got a decent price for it. It's in my bedroom. o_O :p

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks guys! These are sure keepers. My intention was to sell them and make some extra change, but after I heard the ((Clarity)) and ((Bass))) output? These ain't going no where. There is great superb imaging and soundstage. This were straight ahead and no angle either and Elvis was right in the middle singing his heart out. Not many speakers can do that. I have a couple of that took long to get that imaging and soundstage. They are not super bright like one person mentioned in a review of a dozen. Yes I've always liked the tuning of JBL speakers, but some that weren't great either. Pogre, Mark, Eppie and KVN what a fun hobby to have at these prices I tell ya. Thank you for your encouragement fellas!
Very cool your amassing quite a nice jbl setup those would make very nice front presence height if you have a Yamaha avr that can accommodate them .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How far do you sit from the screen? I'm at 15' and could still use a larger screen for gaming. Sometimes I pull out the office chair so I can sit close enough to see smaller details.
I think I sit around 10" from my 65" TV I play games on and it's good. I'll stick with that size if it ever dies and I'll probably go OLED.

If I want bigger I just go to the theater and be the same distance from 120" screen. It's a lot when gaming, and it's "only" 1080p and older than the 65" plasma in my office. It's time to upgrade my PJ and then I'll really get to see what large screen gaming can look like.

You could always keep your current TV and put a drop down screen in front of it for movies and games.

It'd be super coool...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis