Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Advent were good in their day. Might be worth checking for curiosity. Can't find a manual for the Denon any more. Not even in their product archives. Pass.
I left the Advent after reading they are just OK. I could not take the cover off to see the drivers, so I passed. and got the Denon. Got a discount so I got it. It needs a good cleaning. If my back cooperates I will do it later.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I left the Advent after reading they are just OK. I could not take the cover off to see the drivers, so I passed. and got the Denon. Got a discount so I got it. It needs a good cleaning. If my back cooperates I will do it later.
Was hoping to find a manual for you to get the specs. What I found were several others also looking for the manual and Denon's web site comes up empty on both the main site and archives. The D-80 was part of a mini component system that included a dual cassette player and 6-CD CD changer.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Was hoping to find a manual for you to get the specs. What I found were several others also looking for the manual and Denon's web site comes up empty on both the main site and archives. The D-80 was part of a mini component system that included a dual cassette player and 6-CD CD changer.
It does work. Got it hooked up to my Flac player and it's loud at 3-4 level. At 12 dial its super loud for a party. It's 135watts, so it's got decent power. It's just the receiver. It would be great to get the manual to set the clock and light is dim, so maybe a way to do it without remote.

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thrift store find never been in this store before they repo stuff and sell everything you can imagine . The place was pretty messy but when I found these I sorted pretty quick. All these for 5 bucks 3 were never opened the raiders of the lost ark collection all 4 movies is worth 5 bucks .

Attachments

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those were Jensen Advents, so they likely needed foam for the woofers. I still want a pair of Heritage towers from that era. Then again, I've passed up a couple chances to get some so maybe I don't want them quite as much as I claim.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Fluance Signature 5-speaker set on Facebook in Northern VA / DC area. I think this set sold new for around $1200, and he's selling for $400.

Shady had a good review of the towers a few years back:

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Fluance Signature 5-speaker set on Facebook in Northern VA / DC area. I think this set sold new for around $1200, and he's selling for $400.

Shady had a good review of the towers a few years back:

Seems like a good buy for someone starting out on a budget. I didn't realize that Fluance operated in the Niagara area.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
About a two months ago my Craigslist $50 Vizio wouldn't turn on anymore, so threw it out. Saw this today and was shocked to see its a 4K 4 series TCL and asked for a discount of $50, so got it at $150 o_O :cool: :p and took it home. I'll have to dial it up to my liking, but looks pretty darn good already.
IMG_17082021_171705_(2600_x_1463_pixel).jpg
IMG_17082021_171734_(2600_x_1463_pixel).jpg
IMG_17082021_171747_(1463_x_2600_pixel).jpg

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Seems like a good buy if you've got a non-bright room and hook it into your sound system. Check this out:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think you're proving yourself to be the king of scoring good deals. :)
Thank Eppie! You don't do bad yourself. I ordered a stand for it should be here tomorrow. It seems like they only mounted it. I'm gonna wait for the stand to dial it in. I've been waiting for them to get some 4K, but mostly 1080p till I turned up yesterday and found this TCL. Always wanted to try one, so...The picture quality is pretty good so far.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thank Eppie! You don't do bad yourself. I ordered a stand for it should be here tomorrow. It seems like they only mounted it. I'm gonna wait for the stand to dial it in. I've been waiting for them to get some 4K, but mostly 1080p till I turned up yesterday and found this TCL. Always wanted to try one, so...The picture quality is pretty good so far.
I follow the CNet reviews and TCL often gets kudos for the performance in its price range. The 6 series with the mini-LEDs is supposed to be a real bargain.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
About a two months ago my Craigslist $50 Vizio wouldn't turn on anymore, so threw it out. Saw this today and was shocked to see its a 4K 4 series TCL and asked for a discount of $50, so got it at $150 o_O :cool: :p and took it home. I'll have to dial it up to my liking, but looks pretty darn good already.
View attachment 49791View attachment 49792View attachment 49793
My tv is a TCL 4 series and I'm very happy with it for what I paid. I think I got it for $699 new, and it's 75". I know there's better out there but I've always been more music-centric and for the budget I couldn't find any better in that size. It was a nice upgrade from what I had in both size and pq tho.

Some might argue it's better to go smaller on a budget for higher quality, but in my case size is a big factor. Even at 75" my tv is still undersized for the distance I sit.

That said, I'm about due for another upgrade. Been a while since I've done any price checking on newer tv tech...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
My tv is a TCL 4 series and I'm very happy with it for what I paid. I think I got it for $699 new, and it's 75". I know there's better out there but I've always been more music-centric and for the budget I couldn't find any better in that size. It was a nice upgrade from what I had in both size and pq tho.

Some might argue it's better to go smaller on a budget for higher quality, but in my case size is a big factor. Even at 75" my tv is still undersized for the distance I sit.

That said, I'm about due for another upgrade. Been a while since I've done any price checking on newer tv tech...
For my living room/main viewing room I went from 70 to 65 but got an LG OLED and I'd say the quality is worth it. If it's a 10 year TV purchase and you get a new one, i'd go for OLED or whatever is the best now or just keep using what you have because anything less is probably not much better than what you have perhaps. Just my opinion.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
For my living room/main viewing room I went from 70 to 65 but got an LG OLED and I'd say the quality is worth it. If it's a 10 year TV purchase and you get a new one, i'd go for OLED or whatever is the best now or just keep using what you have because anything less is probably not much better than what you have perhaps. Just my opinion.
How far do you sit from the screen? I'm at 15' and could still use a larger screen for gaming. Sometimes I pull out the office chair so I can sit close enough to see smaller details.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis