any good deals on AV receivers (Denon )

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for the manual. This was an awesome idea but this manual is for three receivers. :390, 490, and 690. 690 is the only one with the sub connection ( as I can see), unfortunately.
Dang, didn't look that close. You have rec outs on your model? Won't have volume control but may work to an extent....

A

audio2020

Enthusiast
I am back. Tried rec out. It works but the volume control doesn't work so it's impossible to listen to it. I have been looking for a number of recommended receivers and found none available at this time. Unbelievable. I am not sure when will they start shipping again.... I found this Sony available from $257 to $285 Sony STR DH 590 5.2 surround sound home theater receiver: 4 K HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth. Is this receiver worth getting? Thank you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What were the recommended receivers? Just the ones in this thread? I'd prefer something with more to it than the Sony 590 myself....I prefer something that's got a more powerful amp section and is 4 ohm capable or at least with a full set of pre-outs, and if using room correction, something better than Sony's DCAC. But I'm not you....if this meets your needs and you can find it at a price you like...

I do see this in stock at A4L if you don't mind the terms on a refurbished unit https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx3500h/denon-avr-x3500h-7.2-ch-x-105-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

A

audio2020

Enthusiast
I saw a new for much less on Amazon, unfortunately, I was not able to make a purchase at that time. Refurbish??? Have they been repaired already ???

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw a new for much less on Amazon, unfortunately, I was not able to make a purchase at that time. Refurbish??? Have they been repaired already ???
Refurbish while based primarily on returned units doesn't mean they've necessarily been repaired (according to the guy running A4L in a conversation online in another forum). They go back to a factory designated service center where they're tested and repackaged with the necessary original accessories. Some brands even sell their own directly, but A4L is the leading retail outlet for several brands for refurbs and closeouts. I found them very good to deal with as long as you understand the terms, they do have particular terms of sale for refurbs and the refurbs generally come with a limited factory warranty to be aware of so I suggest you make sure to read them first, they aren't typical of all retailers of new gear (and extended warranties can be purchased....your credit card may even extend the warranty term a year like mine does). The refurb unit may have issues still (I've had the experience) but many here have had absolutely no issue and have saved a good chunk of money. This is as good as the best price for a new unit of this model I've seen on Amazon. Not sure that we'll see much better now due corona....

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I bought this Refurb Denon 4500:

It arrived looking like brand new. In addition, Accessories for less is offering a full 3 year warranty. For only $300 more than the 3500, you get 3x the warranty, more channels, 20% more power and several new functions not available on the 3500. It's a great deal when you consider $1500 is the real value. The 4500 provided a big step forward for my system. I wish I could buy more gear refurbished at this big discount.

A

audio2020

Enthusiast
Thank you so much. I will check A4L. It would be so good to finally get an AVR and hook up all the speakers to it and enjoy!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis