American audio industry may suffer a blow..

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I proclaim that Making blocks and obstacles is not going to help, what will make USA greater is by doing things again that no-one else can do and reinvent technology beyound what we believe possible....
Ok, I get it, you don't like the 'wall' idea........ so how would you go about the 'illegals' issue ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, I get it, you don't like the 'wall' idea........ so how would you go about the 'illegals' issue ?
Complicated situation with a complicated answer. Most people that are here illegal got here on legal visas and just decided to quit college and never leave, or keep working after their work visa expires. They did not enter illegally. Nobody keeps track of that group, just focuses on the ones that come here at the border.

As for the illegal border crossing, well, if you were afraid that if you stayed in your country you'd be killed in the street and legitimately thought you'd have a better life in the US even with the known consequences of coming here illegally you'd probably do it to if it meant potentially saving your family.

It's like putting the guys that steals a loaf of bread to feed his starving family. What's really the issue here? Bad luck and bad circumstances can happen to anyone. We can't pretend that if they cross the border they are a criminal. According to our laws, sure, but a REAL criminal?

Another example is the guy that's in prison for some marijuana offence. Does he get to leave if his state legalizes marijuana? It was a crime, now it isn't. What then?

There are lots of questions that could be asked when someone "breaks" the law for what could be seen as a good reason. Taking an experimental drug that could potentially save your life used to be illegal. Now we can do that.

As I said, not a simple question, no simple solution.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The answer to that is simple. Police businesses that hire illegal residents and have some actual serious consequences for those businesses that do employ illegal residents. This is the one action that would make a greater difference over any other, yet we don't hear republicans talk about it. It kinda makes you go hmmm...

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
It seems, for some people, compassion is seen as a weakness.:rolleyes:

I don't wholly understand that, but a lot of people have less concern over the taking of children from parents because they consider latinos sub-human by buying into Trumps depiction of them categorically being rapists and criminals. That is also the basis of and how the Nazi movement justified mass murder. I don't think that the US could go down that road anytime soon, but it is distressing to see how little people recognize the current situation as not being unique.
I guess that is why history is prone to repeat itself.
I remember when the kids being separated was blowing up on social media, now not a word about it. Between all the accurate and inaccurate articles, it dissipated, much like any other current event. The issue I always see is that no one wants to engage in conversation anymore, its just name calling or an unjustified opinion based on, more name calling. You are right that there is less concern and that goes any 'tragic' events taking place. Yes some people do genuinely care but the majority of the population is too far up their own @sses

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm sure Trumps biggest concern isnt isolationism. I know you dont agree with or like him, but he is the POTUS and we are not.
His methods are not the normal for his position, but time will tell if those methods worked or failed. So for the time being I'm not gonna criticize his every move and wait and see.
He's pissing of the Europeans as well. He has no moral scrupals and is a tax cheat. All solid credentials required to run a country.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I remember when the kids being separated was blowing up on social media, now not a word about it. Between all the accurate and inaccurate articles, it dissipated, much like any other current event. The issue I always see is that no one wants to engage in conversation anymore, its just name calling or an unjustified opinion based on, more name calling. You are right that there is less concern and that goes any 'tragic' events taking place. Yes some people do genuinely care but the majority of the population is too far up their own @sses
Audioholics is the closest I come to Social Media!
However, I continue to hear stories on NPR following the progress (or lack thereof) with trying to reunite the children with their parents. Trump chose an inordinately cruel method to attempt to dissuade refugees from Central and South America coming to our country.
However, I do agree with you about how fast people tend to "move on" to the next topic. I am inclined to believe that part of that is the dizzying pace at which we are seeing new drama out of the Whitehouse! Between the turnover of cabinet members and staff, flipping/expose's of Trump's confidants, Kanye West, Trump's tweets, etc. The real news is getting sidelined by the gossip mill and social media is a place for that drama to thrive!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Indirectly relevant to this conversation. but this is a graph of Refugees admitted to the US.
I was shocked to see that refugees from Latin America (brown) are such a tiny piece of the graph!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know how much more nakedly fascistic this presidency could get. Does Trump have to be wearing an armband with a swastika? While I think there is a slice of the american population that are truly fascistic, I think a larger chunk just doesn't care as long as the money is coming in. It's pretty horrific.
Really? You honestly believe that? Arm bands ?
He's pissing of the Europeans as well. He has no moral scrupals and is a tax cheat. All solid credentials required to run a country.
So let me know what your audit if his tax records find...:rolleyes:
Like I said you dont like him, still doesn't mean he isnt qualified just because you or the media says so.

this thread is a bunch of horsesh!t.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Really? You honestly believe that? Arm bands ?

So let me know what your audit if his tax records find...:rolleyes:
Like I said you dont like him, still doesn't mean he isnt qualified just because you or the media says so.

this thread is a bunch of horsesh!t.
Agree...I'm still looking for more info on the tariffs destroying the world. But seriously we all knew where this thread was going, but can we get back on track with the tariffs...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
if you feel that way why did you contribute ?? better get your shovel son !
Why contribute when I'll just get it slung all over me. I'll contribute when people stop calling out other members because they disagree. Just because I support the POTUS dosent make me a nazi or any other of the horsesh!t that's being slung.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why contribute when I'll just get it slung all over me. I'll contribute when people stop calling out other members because they disagree. Just because I support the POTUS dosent make me a nazi or any other of the horsesh!t that's being slung.
you can't be serious ????? can you ??? it's an internet forum for Gods sake, if you take it personal then shame on you !!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
you can't be serious ????? can you ??? it's an internet forum for Gods sake, if you take it personal then shame on you !!!
I dont take it personal I just dont wanna keep playing in this sandbox. So shame on me then :p

What's the saying, Never wrestle with a turd?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I dont take it personal I just dont wanna keep playing in this sandbox. So shame on me then :p

What's the saying, Never wrestle with a turd?
I get it 100% just bc I support the sitting president I'm a nazi womanizer pos. O well. Its bs. Until someone makes a legit argument with facts, not personal cheeto feelings, 'they' can all continue loosing sleep at night. One key point people dont realize, the president does not shed as much power as we are told. No I'm not into conspiracies, but face the fact that the chief of staff has more influence at the end of the day.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, it is. However, you're over-reacting.
Passive Aggressive much? Stating truths isnt over reacting, is it? In what way have I over reacted? How about going back to discussing the thread topic civilly and having members keep to facts not emotions. If a large number just want to troll, that's fine, I just stated the state of the thread.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Passive Aggressive much? Stating truths isnt over reacting, is it? In what way have I over reacted? How about going back to discussing the thread topic civilly and having members keep to facts not emotions. If a large number just want to troll, that's fine, I just stated the state of the thread.
Keep to facts,.. uh huh. And I'm passive-aggressive? Exactly how did you think a thread like this would play out? It played out exactly as I expected. And I think it has been fun.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Keep to facts,.. uh huh. And I'm passive-aggressive? Exactly how did you think a thread like this would play out? It played out exactly as I expected. And I think it has been fun.
It's fun as long as a discussion can happen...cant speake for others, but I prefer to learn before I call someone out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis