Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve never seen portrayed as a moderate. She is quite conservative on most issues, especially fiscal ones. I agree with her often. Not always, but often.
What does "fiscally conservative" mean today for a G.O.P. member, especially during the Trump administration? The G.O.P. "fiscally" behaviour during the Trump presidency is one major reason why the Republicans have such a real hard time to oppose President Biden and just resort to nativism.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What does "fiscally conservative" mean today for a G.O.P. member, especially during the Trump administration? The G.O.P. "fiscally" behaviour during the Trump presidency is one major reason why the Republicans have such a real hard time to oppose President Biden and just resort to nativism.
Your question has nothing to do with what I said. The current version of the GOP and I stand apart, but that doesn’t make me a Democrat. Being fiscally conservative does not relegate a person to one party or another. I vote for candidates and issues, not parties.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve never seen portrayed as a moderate. She is quite conservative on most issues, especially fiscal ones. I agree with her often. Not always, but often.
I have seen some news media and social media posts praising her opposition to the "stolen election" nonsense, implying that she has relatively moderate views.

As a center-ist, If I was one of her constituents, her opponent would have to be a Stalinist for me to cast a vote for her.
She carried water for Trump right up until the last election.
She was (maybe still?) a proponent of birtherism nonsense.
She opposes same-sex marriage, throwing her own sister under the bus.

Yeah....not my cuppa tea.

Liz Cheney - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Your question has nothing to do with what I said. The current version of the GOP and I stand apart, but that doesn’t make me a Democrat. Being fiscally conservative does not relegate a person to one party or another. I vote for candidates and issues, not parties.
Your post has that interpretation of "fiscally conservative" in that context. As for other issues I made no comment about that at all in my post.

Edit: Nor was it implicit implied.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I remember a former boss sayings like Republicans criticize their own more than Democrats. Obviously put under the test they've failed miserably under Trump. Democrats do things based on feelings while we're the rational and moral ones. We believe in the sanctity of life but can't wear a mask cause that's too much to ask. I call it a built-in excuse for politicians: their mortgage depends on it, but the regular GOP voter doesn't. It's bizarre why none of them can come out and say Yeah we really fucked up with Trump. We need to do some House cleaning. We'll be better for it in the long run. Or the post-riot silence. The hypocrisy is too much.
But there's a problem in classifying all Republicans as 'the same' because that's not true. Some are called 'RINO', some 'Never Trumpers' and others are called something akin to 'turncoat' by others. Also, many are fiscally conservative, yet somewhat more liberal, socially- people like these have a very hard time finding someone to vote for and are often harshly criticized because they can't, in good conscience, vote as Democrats.

It's out duty to be critical of our government, regardless of which side of the political aisle we're on. There's no requirement to do it with assumptions, insults and lies, though.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The GOP only remembers that it is fiscally conservative when there is a Democrat in the White House and/or Congress is under Democrat majority.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Because the news spigots in the US don't like to report on other countries much, if at all, can you provide info about how much of your economy was shut down due to COVID? Do you believe that some industries could have remained open because people who work in them tend to work in smaller groups, basically alone or are required to wear PPE?

The reason I'm asking is due to the shortages of electronic components, chemicals, lumber and other products that have driven the cost of production to levels not seen before.
To be honest I don't understand your response at all as all what @GO-NAD! did was to quote a survey that the base of G.O.P. wants something else than a democracy.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Because the news spigots in the US don't like to report on other countries much, if at all, can you provide info about how much of your economy was shut down due to COVID? Do you believe that some industries could have remained open because people who work in them tend to work in smaller groups, basically alone or are required to wear PPE?

The reason I'm asking is due to the shortages of electronic components, chemicals, lumber and other products that have driven the cost of production to levels not seen before.
Canada's economy has suffered similarly, as well. I'm not sure what the connection is to advocating anti-democratic principles.

highfigh

highfigh

To be honest I don't understand your response at all as all what @GO-NAD! did was to quote a survey that the base of G.O.P. wants something else than a democracy.
I can post the question separately- probably should have, anyway.

However, I have seen a lot of comments about getting rid of the GOP completely so only one party would exist and that never works.

highfigh

highfigh

OK, here's the question, without tacking it onto an unrelated comment-

Trell- Because the news spigots in the US don't like to report on other countries much, if at all, can you provide info about how much of your economy was shut down due to COVID? Do you believe that some industries could have remained open because people who work in them tend to work in smaller groups, basically alone or are required to wear PPE?

highfigh

highfigh

We need a balanced approach and neither side is interested in that.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

However, I have seen a lot of comments about getting rid of the GOP completely so only one party would exist and that never works.
I've made some tongue-in-cheek comments that the current G.O.P. should go the way of the Whig Party and become a new democratic party. In no way have I ever, I repeat ever, suggested a 1 party state!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Well, I'm not sure how one would go about "getting rid of the GOP completely". Regardless, I think such advocacy would involve the creation of a new conservative party - one founded on true conservative principles, rather than a cult-of-personality and knee-jerk anti-whatever-the-Dems-want.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I'm not sure how one would go about "getting rid of the GOP completely". Regardless, I think such advocacy would involve the creation of a new conservative party - one founded on true conservative principles, rather than a cult-of-personality and knee-jerk anti-whatever-the-Dems-want.
Amen!

highfigh

highfigh

I've made some tongue-in-cheek comments that the current G.O.P. should go the way of the Whig Party and become a new democratic party. In no way have I ever, I repeat ever, suggested a 1 party state!
Not necessarily here, but on other sites- you would be amazed by the comments.

highfigh

highfigh

I think a big re-tool would be a good idea but not sure how that could be accomplished.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Does that mean, disappear, or get rid of the tools in the party?
Answer is B. I hoped my little word play would be obvious. Alas...

I don't know about the US, but in Canada, a person described as a "tool" would not take it as a compliment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis