Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I'm not sure how one would go about "getting rid of the GOP completely". Regardless, I think such advocacy would involve the creation of a new conservative party - one founded on true conservative principles, rather than a cult-of-personality and knee-jerk anti-whatever-the-Dems-want.
In reality there already is a virtual GOP that's more sane: most of the Republicans who are not Trump supporters. The problem is that the Trump supporters are like an auto-immune disease in the party, one that's attacking the sane office holders and candidates. There's also a similar auto-immune disease in the Democratic Party. Progressives like AOC, who are funding primary challenges to moderate Democrats. There are plenty of damned fools to go around everywhere.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
In reality there already is a virtual GOP that's more sane: most of the Republicans who are not Trump supporters. The problem is that the Trump supporters are like an auto-immune disease in the party, one that's attacking the sane office holders and candidates. There's also a similar auto-immune disease in the Democratic Party. Progressives like AOC, who are funding primary challenges to moderate Democrats. There are plenty of damned fools to go around everywhere.
While I don't support every policy she advocates, I don't look on AOC with the same level of disdain that the American right does. Campaigning for and funding primary challenges of fellow Dems seems, I find a bit...distasteful. Regardless, the two parties aren't close to being mirror images.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
While I don't support every policy she advocates, I don't look on AOC with the same level of disdain that the American right does. Campaigning for and funding primary challenges of fellow Dems seems, I find a bit...distasteful. Regardless, the two parties aren't close to being mirror images.
I didn't say they were mirror images. My disdain for AOC, however, has gone up 10x in the past several days. She and her so-called "Squad" are currently bad-mouthing Israel for defending themselves against Hamas in Gaza. Hamas fired first, no question about that, and the lowest estimate I've seen is that Hamas has fired 1500 rockets into Israel. I don't agree with a lot of things Israel does, and I don't agree with countries with a national religion (even the US), but if someone fired 1500 rockets into Massachusetts (about the same size and population as Israel) I know I'd be thinking retaliation and subduing the threat was mandatory.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In reality there already is a virtual GOP that's more sane: most of the Republicans who are not Trump supporters.
That tiny minority has little, if any, influence. Those that are left, I mean.

The problem is that the Trump supporters are like an auto-immune disease in the party, one that's attacking the sane office holders and candidates. There's also a similar auto-immune disease in the Democratic Party. Progressives like AOC, who are funding primary challenges to moderate Democrats. There are plenty of damned fools to go around everywhere.
Why do you have to make this false equivalence? AOC did not storm your Capitol with the intent of killing members of Congress, or continuously lie that Biden "stole" the election.

You quite simply should decide how much you value democracy as opposed to economic policies you like.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That tiny minority has little, if any, influence. Those that are left, I mean.
And how would you know that? You aren't even here.

Why do you have to make this false equivalence? AOC did not storm your Capitol with the intent of killing members of Congress, or continuously lie that Biden "stole" the election.

You quite simply should decide how much you value democracy as opposed to economic policies you like.
You're so blinded by your bias and prejudice you have no idea what I was talking about, but you keep talking anyway.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And how would you know that? You aren't even here.
I read a lot. You should try it some time.

You're so blinded by your bias and prejudice you have no idea what I was talking about, but you keep talking anyway.
Sidestepping my comment that you should decide whether supporting an authoritarian G.O.P. is a fair exchange for economic policies you like as opposed to democracy with an ad hominem attack.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't say they were mirror images. My disdain for AOC, however, has gone up 10x in the past several days. She and her so-called "Squad" are currently bad-mouthing Israel for defending themselves against Hamas in Gaza. Hamas fired first, no question about that, and the lowest estimate I've seen is that Hamas has fired 1500 rockets into Israel. I don't agree with a lot of things Israel does, and I don't agree with countries with a national religion (even the US), but if someone fired 1500 rockets into Massachusetts (about the same size and population as Israel) I know I'd be thinking retaliation and subduing the threat was mandatory.
I certainly support Israel's right to defend themselves, but they are the authors of this crisis. It all started when they tried to evict Palestinian residents of an East Jerusalem neighbourhood. And, when the protests spread to the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Israeli cops assaulted the place, giving Hamas an excuse to start lobbing rockets. I suspect Netanyahu is trying to create a distraction from his own legal problems. And, Hamas has been losing support, so what better than to take advantage for their own purposes? Cynicism on both sides. Israel holds all the cards in this situation.

Biden wants to avoid handing the GOP poo to throw back at him, which is why he hasn't been harder on Israel. That said, AOC needs to tread carefully. While - IMHO - I don't think she's "wrong" per se about Israel's actions, she can create, or exacerbate divisions in the party if she is too vocal about the issue. Too be sure, Hamas is committing war crimes by deliberately targeting civilians, so it's not like I'm supporting them. They are a terrorist organization, after all.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But there's a problem in classifying all Republicans as 'the same' because that's not true. Some are called 'RINO', some 'Never Trumpers' and others are called something akin to 'turncoat' by others. Also, many are fiscally conservative, yet somewhat more liberal, socially- people like these have a very hard time finding someone to vote for and are often harshly criticized because they can't, in good conscience, vote as Democrats.

It's out duty to be critical of our government, regardless of which side of the political aisle we're on. There's no requirement to do it with assumptions, insults and lies, though.
I've never heard any right-leaning person at this forum, Republican politician, or voter on the right in general openly denounce Trump, January 6th, or the election scandal scam. Well except Kinzinger and Cheney. The rest have all but disappeared. This just might be the bigger problem.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I've never heard any right-leaning person at this forum, Republican politician, or voter on the right in general openly denounce Trump, January 6th, or the election scandal scam. Well except Kinzinger and Cheney. The rest have all but disappeared. This just might be the bigger problem.
Bingo.. That and the " what about" ( generally a small Biden slip) defense , it's all they have.. They can't get over the criminality of " their " elected officials so they " what about" everything.....the " audit" here in Az is a full on poop show...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Or you might be trying to equate the evils of AOC , Like raising 5 million for Texas after the deep freeze ,to your boy Cruz taking a vacation while AOC was on the ground raising money for his constituents.. Fucka buncha gop excuse makers... You in particular .. Peace out grumpy....

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I certainly support Israel's right to defend themselves, but they are the authors of this crisis. It all started when they tried to evict Palestinian residents of an East Jerusalem neighbourhood. And, when the protests spread to the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Israeli cops assaulted the place, giving Hamas an excuse to start lobbing rockets.
Are you listening to yourself? A few families got evicted, a few cops got carried away, and 1500 rockets later there's a war. And if you lived in Tel Aviv, what would you want the military to do?

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Or you might be trying to equate the evils of AOC , Like raising 5 million for Texas after the deep freeze ,to your boy Cruz taking a vacation while AOC was on the ground raising money for his constituents.. Fucka buncha gop excuse makers... You in particular .. Peace out grumpy....
Cruz is not my boy. Other than that fundraising, I can't think of a single thing AOC has ever done I thought was productive or well-conceived. As for you, none of your posts qualify as especially high-minded. Have you considered some remedial education?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Dead wrong. You've been asleep at the wheel.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Dead wrong. You've been asleep at the wheel.
For example??? Alex, Jon Parks, Mikado, highfigh etc? No, I've never heard it. Republicans in general? I've seen it being swept under the rug. I see Trump and the deplorables dictating the majority, but I've never seen anyone say Ah look at us. Here we are attacking Obama for eight years. Then with Trump it was the deep state and fake news. Then the election and riot happens and what did we do??? Ah we fucking disappeared! Look at the assholes we have on television. It's just fear and hate. We can't articulate anything with any nuance or finesse. Its just lie after lie after lie. No wonder why we've lost the plot. Who the truck are we even without the Democrats???

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
For example??? Alex, Jon Parks, Mikado, highfigh etc? No, I've never heard it. Republicans in general? I've seen it being swept under the rug. I see Trump and the deplorables dictating the majority, but I've never seen anyone say Ah look at us. Here we are attacking Obama for eight years. Then with Trump it was the deep state and fake news. Then the election and riot happens and what did we do??? Ah we fucking disappeared! Look at the assholes we have on television. It's just fear and hate. We can't articulate anything with any nuance or finesse. Its just lie after lie after lie. No wonder why we've lost the plot. Who the truck are we even without the Democrats???
You're clueless and I'm supposed to do the work? Get a life.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Hate of " others" .. Fear of being the minority...tax cuts for the rich...the anger over losing" their " country,lol... Nationalism.. Low iq ...they are a fun bunch.. Ask the avg trumpy about isreal/ Palestinian relations and their eyes start spinning round in little circles..

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hate of " others" .. Fear of being the minority...tax cuts for the rich...the anger over losing" their " country,lol... Nationalism.. Low iq ...they are a fun bunch.. Ask the avg trumpy about isreal/ Palestinian relations and their eyes start spinning round in little circles..
It's the dumbest era in politics in my lifetime. It isn't even close.

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Nah, they know what to say - their pastors tell them we must stand by Israel because the bible says if we turn away from them, Armageddon begins.

(Don't even get me started on the convoluted "interpretations" of the Revelation necessary to make that leap)

Meanwhile, Israel had been heaping human rights abuses on Palestinians for a lot longer than last week, and Hamas finally had enough.

Lest we forget, it was Bibi who declared that Israel was a state for the Jews, not for anyone else. Ethnic cleansing was always his game plan.

For the record, I only care because my tax dollars are shipped over there yearly to support this nonsense, and I can't do a thing to stop it, not even refuse to do business with Israeli companies, lest my state tell me I can't do business with them if I do.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why did Israel get placed where problems were sure to happen? I think South Dakota would have been better.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis