B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I wish I took a picture of it. Stereotypical red corvette was the offending vehicle. Work truck was an F-150. Dude who parked on the other side had an old accord or something. We parked really really close to him :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Why delete the post? It's not like there's any identifying information.

At my last job there was a guy who parked right in the middle of two spots. I didn't spit on his car or anything, I just parked the duty truck as close as I possibly could to his door. Some other kind citizen did the same to the passenger side. He was gone in the morning though, so I guess he crawled in through the trunk.
The beauty of owning a beater or a truck. Unfortunately I have the sports car that I'm worried about, so I do the BFE thing.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I seriously doubt that. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing (mainly being offensively selfish). He just didn't figure there'd be someone like jinjuku around.:D

PS: If you are serious about jinjuku deleting his post, it wouldn't do much good since you quoted it.
So the Benz owner was a willful idiot. ;)

Jinjuku is a moderator. He can delete my post too. He has my permission.

I'm not sure how serious I am. On another forum I sometimes post on, a sports car owner who tracks his car and posts about it received an email from his auto insurance company, saying:

Thanks for being an Company Name policyholder.

We discovered the policy vehicle may be used for racing. Please contact us to complete a brief survey.

Please provide us with this information as soon as possible. If you don't provide this information within the next 10 days, your premium may increase or your policy may be canceled.
His user name is not his real name either. So I've stopped making any assumptions about anonymity on the internet.

As for the parking very near the doors trick, I know someone who did that in an office parking lot. He came back to find his SUV was towed. That was one pissed-off engineer. Sometimes there's a price for being cute, so don't play if you can't pay. ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Who will bring these ones to your home and unpack ....; the same guys as before or did you make an arrangement with the dealer ?
Hahahaha, good question.

ADTG, did you ask the dealer about this? Better do it now and demand a different crew.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So the Benz owner was a willful idiot. ;)

Jinjuku is a moderator. He can delete my post too. He has my permission.

I'm not sure how serious I am. On another forum I sometimes post on, a sports car owner who tracks his car and posts about it received an email from his auto insurance company, saying:

His user name is not his real name either. So I've stopped making any assumptions about anonymity on the internet.

As for the parking very near the doors trick, I know someone who did that in an office parking lot. He came back to find his SUV was towed. That was one pissed-off engineer. Sometimes there's a price for being cute, so don't play if you can't pay. ;)
Perhaps they saw the license plate? But yeah, it is best to be careful about what you post.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Who is to say who should get towed? All three cars would have been in 2 parking spots. Douchebag in the center and the two of us flanking him. If they were to tow anybody, they should tow all three. If your logic is they would tow us for blocking him in, I could say he parked in the middle of us for some crazy reason. There wouldn't have been proof for either side.

Anyway, nobody would have gotten towed. It was on base, and the truck I was using was a government vehicle. We all could have been told to move our vehicles if security came by and wanted it done though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I do this all of the time if I'm in my old Geo Prizm (it is usually small enough to squeeze in the remaining 2/3 space and still leave me plenty of room to get out of my car). Never been towed yet, and I'm usually much more in a parking space than the "straddler" so don't see why I would ever be towed over the other car.

I'd have to say that if I was in that engineer's shoes, I might accidentally drop some roofing nails behind the rear tires next time - ala jinjuku!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wish I took a picture of it. Stereotypical red corvette was the offending vehicle. Work truck was an F-150. Dude who parked on the other side had an old accord or something. We parked really really close to him :)
I thought I was nuts. :eek:

You guys are C-RAY----------Z. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Who will bring these ones to your home and unpack ....; the same guys as before or did you make an arrangement with the dealer ?
I was at the dealer today and asked the dealer about the delivery next week. He said he will send a different team. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just for the record, any Audioholic that comes over to my house is free to set their drink on my speakers, my sub or my Mercedes. Just please make sure it is high end liquor and bring an extra bottle for me.

...and don't touch my bikes...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Huffy? Schwinn? Ducati?
I have a Schwinn 3-wheeler in my garage. :D

Several weeks ago, I was going to ride it; then I noticed the chain was off. :eek: Someone had been riding it.

Oh, BTW my father-in-law placed the TV remote on top of my Phil3 yesterday. Of all the places he could have placed the remote, it had to be on top of my shiny red Phil3. :eek:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, BTW my father-in-law placed the TV remote on top of my Phil3 yesterday. Of all the places he could have placed the remote, it had to be on top of my shiny red Phil3. :eek:
This is yet another ignorant in-law? Of course, a father-in-law is in a different importance league than an uncle. I'd recommend a private sit-down talk with guy, and explain things to him.

You are experiencing a problem I've had for years - if you have delicate, expensive things in your house entertaining can become problematic. I also enjoy locally-made custom furniture, and it never ceases to amaze me what some people will thoughtlessly do.

My next-door neighbor keeps the house on our left mostly vacant, he actually lives elsewhere, and uses it only a few times a year as a party house. I'm not kidding. Every once in a while about 50 people show up for some sort of occasion. Otherwise it's empty. That would be one cure for the thoughtless person problem.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I vote for a new real house before we start adding party houses :p :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is yet another ignorant in-law? Of course, a father-in-law is in a different importance league than an uncle. I'd recommend a private sit-down talk with guy, and explain things to him.

You are experiencing a problem I've had for years - if you have delicate, expensive things in your house entertaining can become problematic. I also enjoy locally-made custom furniture, and it never ceases to amaze me what some people will thoughtlessly do.

My next-door neighbor keeps the house on our left mostly vacant, he actually lives elsewhere, and uses it only a few times a year as a party house. I'm not kidding. Every once in a while about 50 people show up for some sort of occasion. Otherwise it's empty. That would be one cure for the thoughtless person problem.
I vote for a new real house before we start adding party houses :p :D
Interesting solution. :D

No, if I build a custom house, the Phil3 will be with all my serious speakers in a LOCKED room for sure. And when non-audiophiles visit, I would simply lock the room.

Next time we have a party, my HT room will be locked. I will be stationed in the living room to keep an eye on the Phil3. :D

I'm going by Garden Ridge later to buy some fake plants and mats to place on top of the Phil3. :D

But it's interesting (and irritating) how he placed the remote on the Phil3, instead of the coffee table, ottomans, sofas, audio rack, or even P362s.

Last edited:
A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Burnt Hands.....

I think you need to electyrify the cabinets, people would only touch once...
Also, Still not real sure what the green chicklets mean but mine says I want a job at AH? What is that?

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
how about just a polite sign saying look but don't touch that you can put out somewhere conspicuous when company comes over? most of us have something in our lives that we are overly protective of, i think most people would understand. and then it gives you free reign to yell at those who don't (CANT YOU READ???).

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I say you need to hire someone to stand guard of your speakers when you have a large number of guests. For this situation, I'd prefer the club bouncer type look vs. the Secret Service black suit/shades look. :D

I will say, I'm guilty of putting items on top of my P362's since it's right near the front door (and it's not like the finish/cabinet is that nice, so I could care less), but never put anything on top of my Sierra-1's other than a dust rag.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You need to get a Robocop.
Not the whimpy cyborg guy - the 100% robot version!:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis