TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I understand. However, this is what irks me just a little bit: your rush into this. You are impatient. Trust me, patience is a virtue, especially with high cost items. Your decision should be calm and assured, unless $4k is chump change to you, which I highly doubt. That's just my take on it.

Anyhoo, just to tear you apart, and give you some nightmares:

58" Panasonic S1 1080p plasma, $1700 after only 2 seconds of research.
Panasonic 4000 (or Epson 8500), $2000.
Dalite screen, $300.

Total = $4000.

Use S1 for your 70% TV, and PJ for 30% bluray.

Of course, your friends will think you're nuts.

EDIT: btw, both S1 and AE4000 are free shipping.

EDIT #2: ok, sleep on it, hope no nightmares. We'll talk tomorrow.
Yes patience has never been good to me , but seriously a projector doesn't interest me but thanks for the idea .

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I will say, forever, that anyone who makes any claim to have a home theater, then has a screen under 80 or 90 inches diagonal, most definitely has no idea what a home theater is. For me, it was a 60" plasma (Pioneer) which I'm extremely happy with (6070) but when it's movie night, the 106" front projection goes into full force, and the immersion that front projection allows for is something that no tiny 60" display can hope to touch. NOTE: Viewing distance - about 12'. 60" regularly feels to small to me and is about the smallest size I would recommend from a 10-12' viewing distance. Also, while I would swear by Pioneer, I certainly wouldn't avoid Panasonic if it was a better fit for my budget.

An image was requested discussing contrast... Google: optical illusion contrast and it comes up early...

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I will say, forever, that anyone who makes any claim to have a home theater, then has a screen under 80 or 90 inches diagonal, most definitely has no idea what a home theater is. For me, it was a 60" plasma (Pioneer) which I'm extremely happy with (6070) but when it's movie night, the 106" front projection goes into full force, and the immersion that front projection allows for is something that no tiny 60" display can hope to touch. NOTE: Viewing distance - about 12'. 60" regularly feels to small to me and is about the smallest size I would recommend from a 10-12' viewing distance. Also, while I would swear by Pioneer, I certainly wouldn't avoid Panasonic if it was a better fit for my budget.

An image was requested discussing contrast... Google: optical illusion contrast and it comes up early...
Thanks so much for that input BMX. Man, that optical illusion STILL drives me nuts, lol.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok guys you know me the patient one :p I found a Samsung top of the line its there flagship model in the 58 plasma for 2000 new anddoes the true 24 p like the v10 panny and I can have it in my living saturday:D So im real temped plus if I dont like it I can return it and get the Panny V10 if theres any left at the time . I was checking out the picture and it was stunning and the displayis super thin very pleasing to look at . Plus I'd probably get the 3year ext warrantyfor like 300 and that would give 4 years of protection . So what do you guys think ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok the original deal I had on the Panny v10 65 " I worked another deal and told them I was thinking about switching to the Sammy so they sweetened the pie for me 3940 with a 5 year in house warranty, calibration included and delivery and setup in my house saturday :D Talk to me guys im trying to be patient :D

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Ok the original deal I had on the Panny v10 65 " I worked another deal and told them I was thinking about switching to the Sammy so they sweetened the pie for me 3940 with a 5 year in house warranty, calibration included and delivery and setup in my house saturday :D Talk to me guys im trying to be patient :D
The V10 is a better set

TheFactor

TheFactor

The V10 is a better set
Ok done deal im going down there now although they raised it 100 dollars for next day delivery its worth it so I dont have to miss work and it would cost me more that way anyway plus not making my work mad on short notice is priceless lol . I wanted to make Josten proud to by going with the Panny and I know if I went with Sammy you guys would never talk to me again after all your advice :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok its official I am now the proud owner of a Panny 65" v10 and should be enjoying it by tomorrow afternoon . A special thanks goes out to Josten and all who helped steer me in the wright Direction and yes that includes you to Gov THANKYOU !!! :)

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

Thanks for your input but a projection setup wouldnt work with my home at this time . But some day hopefully I will until then a 65" is going to have to do. Thankyou again for taking the time to reply and your input .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Make sure you let us know what you think after you have had it awhile
For sure and hopefully it will be all good I plan on watching it a lot during the trial period to make sure ;)Im glad I got the 5 year warranty to in case I do go past the trial period and have any issues. I must of looked at the 58 they had on display for almost 1 hour trying to Analise the picture and it looked beautiful, the colors looked natural, skin tones, the blacks were nice and deep hopefully it will look as good at home. I cant wait to throw in a couple of my favorite blu-rays like Transformers and Star trek also it looks like I'll have it just in time for a little football action but I think i'll pass on the hockey :p .Im pretty excited and looking forward to the Audition , do you have any tips for me to start out with ? I did notice that the Sammy I was looking at over at the other place felt like it was throwing off twice the heat as the Panny but it could of been what it was playing and the user adjustments . The Sammy did have a beautiful picture to though but I guess time will tell what the end result will be .

C

clouso

Banned
Ok its official I am now the proud owner of a Panny 65" v10 and should be enjoying it by tomorrow afternoon . A special thanks goes out to Josten and all who helped steer me in the wright Direction and yes that includes you to Gov THANKYOU !!! :)
Congrats dude...thats an awesome set!!!...now you will have to watch ''the darknight''...you will see how black and deep can the blacks be....and the shadow details!...:)...in THX mode of course!..:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Congrats dude...thats an awesome set!!!...now you will have to watch ''the darknight''...you will see how black and deep can the blacks be....and the shadow details!...:)...in THX mode of course!..:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Do you ever sleep, you're posting around the clock...:D. BTW...TDK and Iron Man where my first 2 BRD I revisited after I got my tv...:).
LOL During my work week I only get around 5 to 6 hours a sleep a night no matter how hard I try and a little more the days im off but last night I couldnt sleep and was up off and on all night cant understand why :p Todays going to be a busy day Im having my new display delivered and some friends are coming to pick up my old one and with my luck everyone will be here at the same time :eek: lol Oh yes Iron man and TDK Will for sure be on my to watch list this weekend :D

Coolzrock

Coolzrock

Audioholic Intern
I would go for LCD. I don't know about you guys... but LCD, is my choice. WHY? Because it has a very longer lifetime, and i think it's decent quality.

TheFactor

TheFactor

I would go for LCD. I don't know about you guys... but LCD, is my choice. WHY? Because it has a very longer lifetime, and i think it's decent quality.
LCD's are great displays I have a 40" Sammy wall mounted in my bedroom and love it !! But wanted something different for my main room also not sure if your aware of it or not but the new Plasma's have a life span around 20 years. So anyway lately I've been going threw displays about every few years and up grading so 20 years should be more than enough time to enjoy my new plasma if I dont get up grade-itis in the interim :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis