TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well I got it all together and its pretty solid and im very happy with the looks. Nothings on it yet but I went to shoot some quick pics and my camera battery was dead so im charging now :rolleyes:

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok heres a couple of quick pics of the stand. I cant wait to have that Panny sitting on top of it :D The wood actually looks darker than the pics I guess the flash really lightened it up a bit. Good news its really sturdy actually alot more than the display one .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Some quick pics of my center and soon to be old display on the new Display stand. Cant wait to be able to post pics with the new Panny on there. Excuse my cable management thats next :p

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Some quick pics of my center and soon to be old display on the new Display stand. Cant wait to be able to post pics with the new Panny on there. Excuse my cable management thats next :p

Wow, that looks great The Factor !!! :)

It's going to look even better with the 65V10. :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Wow, that looks great The Factor !!! :)

It's going to look even better with the 65V10. :D

:DThanks and yes I agree with you for sure that 65V1O Will be the frosting on the cake !!!:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Not to get off topic but...... my center channel sounded good before but after raising it on the new stand and adjusting my speaker levels accordingly :eek: It sounds even better!!

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Not to get off topic but...... my center channel sounded good before but after raising it on the new stand and adjusting my speaker levels accordingly :eek: It sounds even better!!
Sweet !!!

Never seen that stand before. Which Brand is it ???

TheFactor

TheFactor

Sweet !!!

Never seen that stand before. Which Brand is it ???

Its made by Whalen model # BBVC650VS Its built pretty strong, under each glass top and shelf theres a steel cross brace that has a steel threaded sleeve and it screws into each leg . Also its reasonably priced I scored a good deal it listed I think for 244 and negotiated it to 171 : ) Of course it went on sale today but I still saved almost 30 dollars from the today sale price .

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Its made by Whalen model # BBVC650VS Its built pretty strong, under each glass top and shelf theres a steel cross brace that has a steel threaded sleeve and it screws into each leg . Also its reasonably priced I scored a good deal it listed I think for 244 and negotiated it to 171 : ) Of course it went on sale today but I still saved almost 30 dollars from the today sale price .
Oh, it's a Whalen Stand. :)

I was considering these two TV stands by Whalen:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Whalen+Furniture+-+3-in-1+TV+Stand+for+Most+Flat-Panel+TVs+Up+to+60"+and+Tube+TVs+Up+to+36"+-+Black/8760307.p?skuId=8760307&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8760307&ref=06&loc=01&id=1202650703403

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Whalen+Furniture+-+TV+Stand+for+Flat-Panel+TVs+Up+to+60"+or+Tube+TVs+Up+to+32"+-+Brown+Cherry/8387113.p?skuId=8387113&id=1179876185999

But unfortunately one was a bit too small and the other a bit too big for my taste. :(

TheFactor

TheFactor

I looked at the second one on your list but the shelf was to small to hold my center channel . But yes they do make pretty solid stands and there customer reviews are all up there between 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 5 in satisfaction

TheFactor

TheFactor

Update

Well i've read some info on the v10 that surfaced that some are experiencing a flicker on there display on hockey games and things with mostly white sceenes . Im a little concerned because I havent noticed on my DLP .Is this normal for all plasmas ? Should I cancel my order and switch to a Sammy plasama ? I havent read that about any of the Samsung only a possibility of a slight buzz that you have to really listen for with no volume on most cases although there have been worse cases . HELP GUYS GIVE ME YOUR INPUT ! Im only days away from getting the Panny, even though I can return it if it does I prefer to get it wright the first time .

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Please show me the links, whether here or by PM, thanks. If I bought a flat panel, and I had the money, I can guarantee you it would be either the 65V10 or Pioneer Elite/Pro Kuro, assuming this would be my main HT display. There isn't anything else, IMO. I like Samsung's displays fine enough, and historically they have had better color accuracy than Pana, but OTOH, with other elements of PQ, they have been historically catching up, and I'm not even talking about reliability.

I can also guarantee you that I can find complaints and issues with every single piece of AV gear that I own, and that includes HT speakers, stereo speakers, subwoofer, processor/receiver, HT seats, amplifier, UPS, surge protector, AV rack, BDP, HDDVD, remote control, you name it, and I'm not joking.

If you show me the posts, maybe I can tell you some possibilities that they haven't considered. Of course, nearly every product out there will have some defective items.

Don't sweat it, and just return it if you don't like something about it.

In all honesty, I wish you had a friend with you when you open it and set it up. I want this friend to take pictures of your face when you see this thing. I imagine a face full of delight. Like I said before, I wonder if you've seen this thing in person . . . because if you haven't, you're not going to believe it. ;)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Please show me the links, whether here or by PM, thanks. If I bought a flat panel, and I had the money, I can guarantee you it would be either the 65V10 or Pioneer Elite/Pro Kuro, assuming this would be my main HT display. There isn't anything else, IMO. I like Samsung's displays fine enough, and historically they have had better color accuracy than Pana, but OTOH, with other elements of PQ, they have been historically catching up, and I'm not even talking about reliability.

I can also guarantee you that I can find complaints and issues with every single piece of AV gear that I own, and that includes HT speakers, stereo speakers, subwoofer, processor/receiver, HT seats, amplifier, UPS, surge protector, AV rack, BDP, HDDVD, remote control, you name it, and I'm not joking.

If you show me the posts, maybe I can tell you some possibilities that they haven't considered. Of course, nearly every product out there will have some defective items.

Don't sweat it, and just return it if you don't like something about it.

In all honesty, I wish you had a friend with you when you open it and set it up. I want this friend to take pictures of your face when you see this thing. I imagine a face full of delight. Like I said before, I wonder if you've seen this thing in person . . . because if you haven't, you're not going to believe it. ;)
Your so wright no matter what display it is they all have negatives im finding out . I do know I highly respect and appreciate your input and like I said this is the first ive heard of the flicker thing to . What do you think of a display model ? I found a pioneer kuro 60" for 3799 display model at BB but who knows how many hours and days its been playing I Imagine at least a year and its not a elite . Ok I just went back read it again he said his normal tube tv does it to so thats strange but I guess he's not the only one and it only happens in hockey games:confused: Thats strange but I dont watch hockey anyway but I just got a little nervous when I read that . Heres what he wrote and the vid of the problem.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Here's a better capture of the flickering I'm getting while watching hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7zeitP5Apc

The flickering happens at 1 sec, 4 sec, 12 sec and 14 sec but I probably don't need to tell you that since it's pretty evident.

I also was looking for the flickering on my tube tv and you can also see it on there which i never really noticed before so I'm fairly confident that it is not the tv. It's still annoying but there's nothing I can do.

Thank you all for your comments and opinions, much appreciated.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Heres what someone else wrote ...>>>I get this exact same flickering when watching ONLY hockey. Some games its worse than other ones. I really don't think its the displays. I think it may have something to do with what the other poster said about the big flashes in the rafters going off. Again, I only see this during hockey games and it does not matter what the contrast or brightness level is at.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Maybe I just panicked and over reacted but just got a little nervous .

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, TheFactor. Funny, I just read that stuff, researching on your behalf.

If you are nervous, cancel the order. Obviously, this is an important purchase to you, so you might want to wait it out. Reading about the rising black levels has me more concerned than that very stark and irregular flicker during hockey. (So strange to me, that something fishy is going on, but I can't say it's a camera flash for sure either).

If I understand correctly, Gov has logged well over 1k hours, and doesn't have the rising black levels?

I wonder how much you landed the V10 for. Because if it was a lot, I would reconsider in getting a Kuro. I have never once heard a complaint about a Kuro, except (really stretching here), shadow detail might not be perceptually as great since the blacks can be so utterly black, that it just isn't as big as a 140" projector screen, and maybe .... uh.... uh ..... the on/off CR isn't as good as the highest end of projectors.

Otherwise, the main thing they like is that they own the finest consumer television set that mankind has ever produced.

Cancel the order, and wait it out. 65" plasmas ain't going nowhere. I know you said you have to have it NOW, but hey that's your call. I know we shouldn't be worried about things like this, but it's the way it is. I even wonder if in the future it won't be better with rising blacks, because they want to decrease energy consumption, and maybe they have it set super low OTB, only to have it programmed to rise over time.

BTW, I have been receiving PMs from a regular here who just got a pro cal, and has been gushing over it. He said that the calibrator noted the energy consumption has been reduced by 30% on his Pana.

Oh, I don't like BB. I recently went there, ok the Magnolia, to look at the 141, 151, 111, and 65v10, on behalf of my friend who bought the 65v10. I asked how much for the 141 demo, and when they noted my displeasure, they checked for nearby stores where I could ask.

Just not worth it, IMO. Get it new.

Yeah, maybe get a KRP600M.

Yikes, the PCS store is raping with the price, and the "slightly superior" 141 is going for 1k less at the same store!

OK, quick google shows 141 (greatest EVAH), for 4.3k at this store, but I have NO IDEA if they are even slightly reputable.
http://www.digitalcraze.com/Details.asp?Source=Froogle&ProductID=3655

EDIT: another retailer that could be shady for all I know, but only $3100 for the 600M.
http://www.artofsale.net/Magento/index.php/pioneer-krp-600m-60-inch-class-high-definition-1080p-flat-panel-kuro-monitor-gloss-black-krp600m.html?___store=default

TheFactor

TheFactor

I read the thing about the rising black levels to but I thought it was just on the g not the v models . Would you still get the Panny ? I like that Pioneer to but I think the few extra 100 dollars just puts it out of reach for a new one and then the fact like you mentioned about buying it online makes me very nervous even from a well known company . Whats your thoughts on me getting the Panny v10 getting a extended warranty and crossing my fingers lol. I've been waiting so long dont know if I can wait any longer, do you think the panny is still the way to go or should I go with a Samsung considering whats going on with Panny ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis